Status: Alive

Save You Tonight

Brokeback Louis

Harry stuffed his hands deep into his pockets and walked down the road slowly, his hair blowing slightly in the light breeze. His mind wandered to Louis and butterflies erupted in the pit of his stomach, he never in a million years expected to feel this way about anyone after having to leave Ryan.

On Thursday Louis had insisted that the two go to the big shopping mall 'Frenchgate' after school. Harry was more than happy to accompany Louis; he would do almost anything to spend more time with the older boy. After a quick trip to topman -so Louis could buy a new shirt- and a bookstore Louis had dragged him to Starbucks and bought them both frappes.

Harry smiled as the sun peered through the clouds. He snapped out of his daydream in time to look as he crossed the road, narrowly avoiding a silver car. His mind fell back to the warm Starbucks.

Harry had crossed his legs into the armchair and sipped his frappe watching Louis who was having a flick through the massive scrapbook he had bought. Every so often Louis had grinned at the different page patterns or scrapbook extras. Harry had told him it wasn't very manly to buy a scrapbook and Louis had stated he was metro sexual. Harry had stared at Louis' face. He had never noticed the way Louis' blue eyes glistened when he smiled, or how white his teeth were. He had never realised Louis' features were as soft as they actually were, if it wasn't for his chiseled jaw line he'd be able to pass for a decent enough woman -with a pretty wig. Harry had brushed off the image of Louis in a dress just as Louis had put his book away and looked over with a smile. Harry never noticed the way Louis' eyes twinkled when he looked at him, or how his face lit up. Harry did, however, notice how his own stomach fluttered everytime their eyes met, how his hands broke out in a sweat whenever they were together. In that moment Harry knew for sure that no matter how completely irrational, he was falling for Louis Tomlinson.

Harry banged on Louis door and waited patiently for an answer. Louis appeared at the door a few moments later in a towel with what appeared to be his mothers fluffy slippers. It was clear that Louis had been expecting someone else such as a sales person as he typed away on his phone, not looking up.

"Sorry we're not interested."

Harry was beetroot, he didn't know what to say so he just stood there staring. That's when he noticed a large scar just under Louis' left rib cage. Harry's mind went into hyperdrive trying to figure out what had happened to give him such a big scar, it made him sad to think that Louis had once suffered through such a bad looking injury.

"Oh...you're not from British power." Louis stood awkwardly in his door way.

Harry snapped out of his thoughts and forced a laugh. Louis stepped aside quickly and let Harry into his lemon hallway. The skirtings and doors were all white, the staircase and banister were also a very fresh, clean white. It was so bright and beautiful, Harry looked around in awe as Louis appeared from what must have been an under stairs toilet with his dressing gown covering his dignity.

"Sorry, I forgot what time you were coming over..."

Harry accepted his apology and let the older boy lead him up the stairs and into his bedroom. Harry smiled, this room was a lot nicer than his own new one. The walls were painted a cadbury purple and the sheets were grey. Harry perched himself behind the black keyboard and looked around the room. There was a chalkboard on the wall next to the door with 'Niall' graffitied all over and pictures of friends and family cluttered the walls.

"This room is amazing Louis!"

"Thanks. The girls are all at dad's already and mum -you can call her Jay- is out shopping."

Harry nodded and pulled the music for 'Close Every Door' from Joseph and the Amazing Technicoloured dream coat out of his bag. He waited for Louis to reappear from his cupboard en-suite dressed in some proper clothes and once Louis was back he began to play. Louis took a nice, even breath and prepared to begin.

"Close every door to me,
Hide all the world from me
Bar all the windows
And shut out the light-"

Harry stopped playing and Louis' froze as a response. Louis was a very confident person on the outside, but inside he could be very insecure about certain things, his singing was one of these. Deep down he knew he could sing, but there was always an underlying doubt.

"Was that bad?" He cringed.

Harry shook his head vigorously and smiled "it was good, just you need to relax and listen to the notes. Here..." Harry played the notes again on the keyboard and sang along, hitting the notes perfectly.

Louis stared at him in total shock. He knew Harry was into music but he never realised how good at singing Harry was. Harry gave Louis a warm smile and suggested taking it bit by bit then building it up to the full song.

***

After almost two hours of non-stop singing Louis dropped himself dramatically onto his big double bed and buried his face in his dog Ted's fur. Ted had been kind enough to hang around and watch the two sing.

"You're really great, Louis."

"Thanks. I don't see why we can't use Grease songs for the audition though...makes little sense."

Harry laughed, he supposed it was because Close Every Door was a difficult song to sing well and the drama teacher wanted to make sure his Danny could genuinely sing.

Louis sat down on his bed and watched as Harry mumbled to himself while tapping random keys on the piano. A warm glow crept across his chest, it was nice seeing Harry in his element. After a few moments Harry started playing Jason Mraz, he had obviously been trying to remember the keys.

"Well you've done done me and you bet I felt it, I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted...I fell right through the cracks and now I'm trying to get back..."

At first all Louis could do was listen to his friend sing. The way his voice melted over every individual word, the way his mouth shaped every sound. He was amazing, his voice gave Louis goosebumps. As Harry came in with the second verse, Louis couldn't help but join in the singing, he moved over and sat on the keyboard seat with Harry.

"Before the cool done run out
I'll be giving it my bestest, nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention.
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..."

Harry had moved over slightly to allow Louis room on the little seat. Louis sat up straight, his hands relaxing on his lap and his right knee was lightly touching Harry's left. Harry blushed when he realised from the corner of his eye that Louis was watching him as they sung. The butterflies in his stomach doubled in size.

"I won't hesitate no more, no more. It cannot wait..I'm yours.." Louis had stopped singing to let Harry have this part of the song. Without really realising he had done it, Harry turned slightly and sang the last two words to Louis.

Louis sang next, "Well open up your mind and see like me, open up your plans and damn you're free. Look into your heart and you'll find.."

"Love, love, love, love"

Once the song was finished the two boys moved from the keyboard to the bed. Louis lay back with a massive yawn and Harry sat on the edge of the bed awkwardly. Louis looked over Harry's face, the way his curls sometimes fell over his eyes, the way his mouth delicately curved into a smile whenever Louis spoke, the way you could see his soul just by looking in his eyes. He was beautiful.

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I call you Curly?"

Harry looked over with an amused yet slightly puzzled expression painted on his face, "Isn't that one of the lost boys?"

Louis nodded with a smile and patted the bed next to him. Harry blushed and moved over so the two were laying next to each other. They lay that way for a long time, talking about everything and anything that popped into their heads.

When Jay got home with her shopping she came upstairs to ask the boys if they wanted any dinner. She found the two fast asleep, Louis arm was resting on Harry's hip and Harry's face was buried into the crook of Louis neck. Jay smiled, she was used to Louis being close to his male friends, she had found Niall and Louis sleeping in unusual positions so many times that it was just a normal thing now. She shut the door quietly and got back to unpacking her shopping in the kitchen.

***

Harry sat on the black granite work surface in Louis' pink kitchen with beer in hand. He was casually picking at a bowl of nuts and watching his new friends. Niall came over and grabbed a handful with a smile.

"Hey Hazza!"

"Hey Ni"

"Where's Louis at?" Niall asked with a smile as he took a sip of his own beer and peered around the room.

Harry shrugged, he genuinely didn't know, Louis had disappeared almost twenty minutes ago when he got a phone call from his father. Harry sighed sadly, he was slightly, no, very jealous of Louis' relationship with his father. They were almost like friends, he lived so nearby and called every so often for an update. Harry hadn't spoken a word to his own father in three weeks.

"Here get this down you" Niall smiled handing Harry a bright red shot.

Harry didn't hesitate in throwing it back, the warm liquid burning at his throat. Niall drank his own shot then filled the glass again. By the time Louis returned from his call three more shots had passed Harry's lips.

***

The guests sat in a large circle in the pastel green livingroom, everyone had shots in hand ready for the game to begin. Zayn had suggested a game of 'I have never' where someone would say something they may or may not have done and the people who had done it would have to drink. Zayn was starting off the game.

"I have never gotten so drunk I've passed out in the street."

Zayn was the only person to drink, Niall picked his glass up to go next.

"I've never had sex while a friend is in the room.." Louis found it slightly disturbing how many of his friends took a shot at this. He raised his own glass and cleared his throat to quiet everyone down.

"I have never woken up and not know where I am" two of the girls, Louis and Marvin all took a shot.

Louis looked round the circle and realised someone was missing -Harry. He clambered to his feet, wobbling as he went and excused himself from the game to have a look out the back and in the bathroom. Harry wasn't anywhere downstairs. Louis climbed the stairs trying not to worry, Harry was a big boy, surely he could look after himself.

Harry typed the number into his phone for a third time, trying to keep his cool as much as possible. The number rang and rang then cut out. An all familiar beeping sound rang through his phone to inform him that the call had been canceled by the receiver. He threw his phone across the room and burst into tears, he couldn't control it any longer. Three times he had phoned his father, the first time he got an answer phone message, the two after that his call was rejected. His dad clearly didn't want to speak to him.

Louis bedroom door opened and Harry tried to quickly dry his eyes, but it was too late. Louis had seen. He shut the door and moved over to the bed quickly, dropping down next to Harry and wrapping his arms round Harry's shoulders. Louis hated seeing people upset, he was such a loud, happy lad, upset people bummed him out.

"What's wrong Curly?" He asked sadly as Harry turned into the hug and cried into his neck.

"My d-dad. I tried phoning him...his answer message is him and a woman called Christine...he s-sounded so happy. Then he started rejecting my c-" he hiccuped and choked slightly as he cried, "calls. I miss him."

Louis tightened his grip around the vulnerable boy, he seemed so much younger and more fragile when he was upset. Louis lowered them back so that they were lying and the bed, Harry still tucked into Louis neck, pressed closely to his side. Louis rested his hand on Harry's hip and tried to hush him with some soothing words. After a while Harry started to calm down and used the sleeve of his black shirt to dry his eyes.

"I'm...sorry" Harry whispered weakly, sitting up slowly and looking away embarrassed. Louis sat up also and gave Harry a sympathetic smile.

Harry looked round and gave Louis the most pathetic attempt at a smile ever. It broke Louis' heart just to see it. He moved closer to the younger boy and placed a hand softly on the side of his face.

"I don't understand why anybody would not want to speak to you Har."

Harry stared up at Louis, his eyes still glistening and wet from the tears. Louis stared at Harry, arguing with logic inside his mind. Before he could regret it or stop himself Louis leaned forward and let his lips graze Harry's ever so softly. He could taste the salty tears.

Harry let out a surprised whimper as their lips touched. The kiss was over as quickly as it had started. The two boys stared at each other for a few moments, both shocked and confused at what had just happened. This time Harry pushed himself towards Louis and the pair locked lips again, this time with more force and passion.

Louis tangled one of his hands through Harry's messy hair and placed the other on his lower back. Harry's hands held onto Louis' waist firmly and he melted into Louis embrace. Even with so much passion Louis was a sweet kisser, every so often he would stop, foreheads pressed together he would stare down at Harry's lips and just smile before connecting the kiss again. In the heat of the moment Harry grabbed at Louis polo shirt and dragged it over his head. He got sight of the scar he had previously been too afraid to ask about.

"Louis...what happened to your ribs?"

Louis looked down at his ribs and frowned. He hated telling the story. When he was 13 he had gone to London with his dad to visit cousins. His dad had gone down to the pub with his uncle and he had been left with his aunt. Louis' cousin Chris had insisted they go down to a new half pipe, Louis wasn't very good on half pipes but he agreed. It was getting late when they finally started to head back, at the end of the park there was a gang of seven or eight older boys (around 17/18). One shouted abuse at the boys, playing the hard man. Louis gave one of his famous cheeky comments. He couldn't remember much else, except waking up in hospital. Louis told Harry the story and was met with a frown from the younger boy.

"I'm sorry you went through that," he whispered, running his fingers across the scar lightly.

Louis grabbed Harry's hand and leant forward connecting their lips again. There was a knock at the door, Louis jumped for his shirt and threw it on quickly. Niall had noticed both boys were missing and had found it rather suspicious so had gone to see what was going on. Louis opened the door and let him in. Harry got off the bed and pushed his way passed Niall, leaving the room without another word.

"What was that all about?"

"He was upset about his dad, it's nothing. He'll be okay."

Louis never spoke to Harry again the rest of the night. The next day Harry had text Louis as if nothing had happened, Louis deleted the text without so much as a reply. He couldn't do this, his friends thought he was straight! They would never accept him if he was gay. It was simple really, he would ignore Harry until if wasn't awkward anymore, then they could try be friends, and if it didn't work...atleast his friends would stop being so suspicious of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey!

I almost never wrote this because I stupidly started reading Room 317 then got a bit upset cause my writing is awful in comparison! :( But I gave myself a slap in the head and wrote it!

Louis and Harry aren't getting togther just yet, don't worry! But it will happen...obv cause its a Larry fic haha!

Also I might be posting another Larry on here sometime in June, it'll only have about five chapters and I think its a pretty interesting idea for fic...hopefully. So look out for that! :)
CC! Xx