Got Me on My Toes

Chapter Fourteen

The media was in front of the hospital like the Queen had arrived.

All four boys and Paul, who had arrived earlier that morning, were standing on the steps of the hospital.

"Zayn is recovering quickly, and will hopefully be ready for the short tour we’re dong in 2 weeks. For any more updates you can check our website, the bands twitter, or our Facebook."

The people started asking all these questions but Paul just nudged the boys back in the hospitals entrance.

The 5 of them walked to the elevators and rode back up to Zayn’s room.

"Who should go in this time?" Liam asked.

The doctor told them to go in one at a time and try to jog Zayn's memory. They even had a laptop to show him interviews and listen to their songs.

"I think Louis should go in." Niall said.

They all nodded at Louis who opened the door and walked in to see Mrs.Malik who hadn’t left since Zayn had been here.

She got up and walked over to Louis.

"Why don’t you go get some tea Mumma Malik." he said giving her a hug and a smile.

"I won’t be long." She said rushing out with her purse.

Louis heard the door close and he sat next to Zayn. Is this how it felt when he was in hospital?

"L-L-Liam?" Zayn said questioningly.

"No, it’s Louis." Lou said patting Zayn's hand.

"How are you feeling?'

"I’m feeling okay, I just can’t remember anything. Nothing at all; I’ve watched the interviews; I’ve listened to the songs and nothing!" He was very frustrated.

"It’s okay mate, it’s okay, it'll come back."

And that’s when it hit Louis, like a brick wall. If Zayn was typing in 'One Direction Interview' only the most recent ones would pop up.

Louis grabbed the laptop from the tray, opened youtube, and typed in 'One Direction auditions' and the video Louis was looking for popped up right away. Jeese he loved the fans with all their tech savy video edits.

"Here watch this." Louis said placing the laptop back on the tray.

Each one of their auditions played through, then the elimination at boot camp, them coming back, the very beginning of One Direction played in front of them both.

Louis wasn’t expecting anything. When the video was over he played the video where Zayn didn’t want to dance. Zayn laughed at himself when he saw that one.

"Okay I’m going to fast forward a bit, after X Factor. Our first single."

Zayn nodded.

Louis pulled up What Makes You Beautiful, and watched the video with Zayn.

He wasn’t sure if Zayn was remembering or what, but he was sure there was a tear running down his cheek.

"One more, then I have a finale one."

Zayn nodded again as he watched a video of them running around London, and on a big red bus.

Still no reaction.

"Okay last one, I’m not sure if it will make a difference but I’m sure it’ll help." Louis said as he thought "hopefully" to himself.

"Ahh perfect, here we go."

The video of them at Simon's House back in 2010 started playing, they saw Simon say yes. It faded into them at the finale. They sang it again. It even showed them getting eliminated.

"Mate are you alright?" Louis asked as he saw tears flooding Zayn's eyes.

"Yea, I just, I just can remember. I really want to, but I can’t. You all seem to be really nice lads, and this*he points to the computer screen* seems amazing. I just feel bad because I can’t remember."

Louis rubbed Zayn's shoulder, "Mate, it’s alright. It'll come in time. Don’t get upset."

"Thanks Louis. Do you mind heading out, I think I’m gonna try and get some sleep." Zayn said wiping his eyes.

"Of course, get your rest." Louis said getting up and walking towards the door.

"Louis?" He heard Zayn call.

He ran back to make sure everything was okay.

"Yea?"

"Could you just promise me something?" he said with tired, and hurt eyes.

"Yea, what is it."

"Just promise me if I don’t remember, not to stop what you and the boys have done. Don’t stop making the music. Don’t stop with the being dedicated to the fans, never forget them."

This time Louis was the one with tears in his eyes. He sat back down and grabbed Zayn's hand," Mate it’s not what me or the boys have accomplished, it’s what we've accomplished. Without you we wouldn’t be One Direction, we would be, Louis, Harry, Niall and Liam. Now get some sleep." Louis finished with pecking an innocent kiss on his forehead.

And as he was walking out the door he swore he heard Zayn humming Moments which he didn’t show him, none of the boys did. That gave Louis more hope that he was in fact remembering.