Status: yeah lets not talk about it

He Had To Pick Me

Chapter 13

Makaylas point of view
~~~~
While standing in my room I take a look around, to my left and then to my right. All I see is boxes, packed boxes everywhere. The room I grew up in, spent my whole childhood in is empty. I am leaving. Everything seemed so surreal to me. Am I really going to do this? Can I do this? My thoughts were interrupted by the wringing of my cell phone.

“Hello.”

“Hey, Makayla this is your doctor. I have some news for you that you probably aren’t going to want to hear right now but I need you to know, so here it is. You have to move to Carolina. They can give you much better treatment than I will be able to give to you here. I know you signed the lease for the apartment but you are going to have to find a way to get yourself out of it.”

“What? But I don’t know anyone. I don’t even have a place to stay.”

“Don’t worry about that, I already found a place for you to stay. And how will you be alone? you have your nurse, Taylor. He will be with you. You might want to call him soon and let him know.”

“Okay, bye then” I said and hung up the phone.

Oh my god. This cannot be happening. Why am I happy? Why am I looking forward to leaving? Is it because of a new city, new people, new me and no Jordan?

I need to call Taylor. What will I do if he says no? I’ll worry about that later for now I go through my brown leather side purse and pull out my cell phone and dial Taylors number.

Taylor sounded kind of upset, but I figured it was because how big my news was. Even though he wasn’t excited at least he agreed to it. Now I have to call me landlord and get out of this lease. Once
I explained my situation the landlord was okay with it he even wished me the best of luck for my future.

While doing all that, I forgot that I was going to have to break the news to my parents. My dad would understand, he always did. But I knew my mom would be difficult about the whole situation. But why? It’s not like I asked to get cancer! Why did this have to happen to me? I was a good person, I never did anything wrong. At that moment I broke down crying. Pull yourself together Makayla! Bad things happen to those who God knows are strong enough to handle the situation. I am strong! Get up go tell your mom. Then get on a plane and make the best of what life you may have left. You deserve it….

I sat down with my parents and told them everything and just like I had expected my mom was upset, she tried not to show it but I could tell. She said she wanted me to get the best treatment possible and she also promised to visit as often as she could. My flight leaves tomorrow. Me and Taylor aren’t taking the same flight though, I am kind of glad because I know that would have been very awkward.

Jordan's point of view
~~~~

Since me and Makayla broke up I tried my best to stay focused only on hockey and hoped that time would do its job on healing this wound. It was still hard though Makayla was always on my mind and without her hockey didn't even seem worth it, life didn’t seem worth it. Nobody could understand why I had such strong feeling for a girl I didn’t know for long. Neither could I. I have to constantly remind myself she doesn't want me and even if she did she is not the kind of girl I wanted to be with. She was a lying and manipulating bitch. Probably just wanted me for my money! I tried to convince myself that was the reason, I needed a reason. Anything would do, but I know whatever the reason is I will never find out. Makayla wasn’t like the other girls I had dated in my past. Makayla would never take anything from me she would even fight with me to pay the bill for dinner or lunch when she could clearly see I didn't have difficulty doing it myself. She was a perfect person so why did she lie to me? Did she feel I wasn't good enough for her? My thoughts were broken up when my phone started ringing.

I picked it up and the person on the other line spoke

"Hello Jordan I'm calling to inform you that you have been traded to the Carolina hurricanes."

With that the person cut the phone. I couldn't believe the news part of me was excited I finally get to play with my brother. The other part was upset all the friends I made. I would be leaving them now. Then it hit me another reason to be happy, no Makayla! Maybe I would finally be able to move on. Should I call her for a last goodbye? Let her know I am leaving. Nah, she probably won’t care where I am or who I am with. My flight leaves the day after tomorrow. Better start packing Jordan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah, it's been like three months since I updated. So, I would like to start off with an apology, I stopped writing because I honestly thought everyone hated the story but I got two comments recently so I decided to start again. This chapter is just to catch up, it's kind of short but I decided to change the storyline a bit, so bare with me while I try to figure this out! I hope you guys like it, next one will be more interesting I promise and I will have it up before Tuesday!

Thank you to these two lovlies that got me to write again!
yourmom19091 & kateerose12345