Status: yeah lets not talk about it

He Had To Pick Me

Chapter 14

Makylas Point of View

The car drive to the airport was quiet. I just sat there and look out of the window trying to soak in my city. After all it could be the last time I ever see this city. Just the thought made my stomach churn.

The car came to a stop and I grabbed the handle to get out. My dad was already standing by the trunk taking out my suit cases. I just stood there store at my mom, I could tell that her eyes were beginning to water and suddenly I felt bad for being so excited to leave. I loved my parents and I loved living with them too. I was really going to miss this place.

My parents walked with me in the airport until they were bit allowed to anymore. I hugged my dad first. His hands were shaking from trying to fight back his tears. I had lost it a long time ago as did my mother. My dad told me to take care of myself and to call them often. My mom couldn’t really say anything through her tears.

I sat in the boarding room for the next few hours just looking out of the window staring at the airplanes. Wishing I could just fly away. I looked around at everyone around me they all looked so happy and that just reminded me how different things were a year ago. How happy I was. How happy we were.

The announcements started to play and I knew it was my turn to board. I picked up my things and walked over to stand in line, with everyone else. Goodbye Pittsburgh!

The plane ride was okay, I’ve always loved them. Now comes the tough part finding my way through a city I’ve never been in. I grabbed my things and walk out the doors. My god! Carolina was beautiful. I saw a bunch of taxis outside and I walked up to the closest one, the cab driver got out and helped me place my luggage in the trunk

“Where to miss?” he asked.

I looked through my purse to find the sticky note that had the address written on it. Once I had found it I showed the man, he just nodded and we walked to the doors of the cab and got in. The drive to my apartment wasn’t too long, maybe one hour. Once we stopped I looked out the window to see an extremely amazing apartment building. I gave the cab driver his fare. He helped me take out my luggage. I grabbed all my things, took in a deep breath and started to walk inside.

I walked and went to the front desk to ask what floor my room was on. I then walked to the elevator and pushed the number to my floor, 11. Jordans number.

It wasn’t that difficult to find my apartment. When I did I pulled out my keys and opened the door. It was perfect. The apartment was full of my boxes. There was already some furniture in place which I was thankful for. I put down my things and started to look around, the living room was the first thing you saw when you walked in, it was open to the kitchen and then the wall opposite from where I was standing was a window. The view was breath taking. To the left of the living room was a hallway that led to two bedrooms and one bathroom. That might be a problem. The rooms were the same size so I chose the one closest to the bathroom because my chemo makes me pretty sick. Time to unpack Makayka!

Jordans point of view

I had been packing all day yesterday, well after awkward phone calls with my teammates. You could tell they weren’t excited but they understand that it was a part of the job. I shipped off all my stuff and they told me it will hopefully get there before I do. Originally I was going to stay with Eric for a couple of days be he took the kids to Disneyland for the week. He offered me to take his keys but someone told me about an apartment to stay at, I figured I would stay there until I find something I absolutely love.

My flight was leaving soon so I grabbed a cab and made my way to the airport. Sidney offered to take e but I guess this is just something I would rather do by myself. Bye Pittsburgh!

I hate plane rides; I don’t get why because I go on them all the time. But they make me so uncomfortable so many people in such a small area. So they ride wasn’t all that amazing and I was very excited when we landed. Carolina was as nice as I remembered it to be. Eric was upset that there was no one to pick me up and he told me he could get one of our teammates to come but I told him to leave it. I would be okay on my own. I wanted to get settled and let all of this sink in before I started to talk to anybody. I really just wanted to be alone. Eric understood and was okay with that, he told me to come to him when I was ready.

The cab drive to the apartment was short, maybe one hour. The apartment building was nice not to big not too small. I walked up to the front desk to figure out my floor number. I then walked to the elevator and pushed the number 11, what a coincidence. Maybe this place would bring me some luck.

Makaylas point of view

I was sitting in the living room unpacking when I heard the door knob turn; it felt like someone was trying to open the door. Was it Taylor? No it can’t be he’s not leaving until tomorrow, so I picked up a broom and hid behind a wall waiting for the person to emerge.

The door opened and I quickly looked to see who it was. Once I saw I stopped hiding behind the wall.

“What are you doing here!” We both said at the same time.

“What am I doing here!? I freaking live here! What are you doing here!?” I asked

“You live here? No I live here how else would I have the fucking key.”

Even when he was yelling at me he was gorgeous. Does he look even better than he did the last time I saw him? Is that even possible?

Jordans point of view

I haven’t seen her in so long; she looks different, a little sick. It’s probably from the travelling I thought to myself. Even with all that she was still breath taking and the most beautiful person I had ever laid my eyes on. At that exact moment I wanted to walk up to her and just kiss her, but obviously I couldn’t. Seeing her brought back so many feeling I thought I was over. Would those feelings ever leave?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Okay so ommmggggg they finally see each other again! Anywhooo I know the chapter isn't all that longer then the last one but I have homework so this is all I could do. The next chapter won't be posted for a while, maybe not until friday or saturday. But it will be reaaallyy loonnngg.

A huge thank you to all the people that read, subscribed and recommended! :)

And thanks to these coolcats who commented!

yourmom19091 : hehe you're welcome! :p
vany262: Thank you! and hopefully I will. :)
kateerose12345: I was going to do that first but then I was like nahh, LOL. Good guess though! Thanks for reading. I will try to keep updating! ?:)