Status: yeah lets not talk about it

He Had To Pick Me

Chapter 15

“I don’t know why you have the key!” She screamed breaking up my thoughts. I don’t think I have ever seen her this mad. Was she really that upset just seeing me? Her phone started to ring ending the awkward silence between the two of us. I watched her carefully as she went to go pick her cell phone up.

She picked up the phone and said “Hello.” Then someone on the other line spoke, I couldn’t tell what the person said but I could tell that it was a male. Was she dating someone?

“Seriously!? You have got to be kidding me!” She yelled. On one hand I felt bad for her. This girl was not having a good day. On the other I had this feeling of jealousy and was happy that they just had a fight maybe they are going to break up. I don’t even know why I care, it isn’t like me and her are going to get back together.

“Whatever, bye” she said in defeat and cut the phone. Turned to me and said

“Let’s go downstairs and ask the front desk. This has all been a big mistake and I’m sure they can fix it, then we can carry on with our lives.” She started to talk so quietly I could barely even hear her.

“Okay, I guess that would be a smart thing to do.” I motioned her to leave the apartment first. She seemed nervous and insecure I had never seen her this way she had always walked with so much confidence. Even if she didn’t realize she did. I saw her move some of her hair that kept coming on her face, behind her ear. She quickly walked past me and I would be lying if I said I didn’t look at that perfect butt walk through the door. I slowly walked behind her to the elevator. Luckily our floor number wasn’t too high because the ride was awkward. I thought about asking her how she was, and what was going on in her life, because trust me I wanted to know. I decided against it though, we weren’t friends and I am supposed to hate her, remember?

I kept the elevator button pushed open until she walked by and I think she might have even muttered a thank you.

We walked to front desk and she spoke
“Hi, we have an issue, it seems as thought you guys have given me and Jordan here the same apartment.”

“That is a problem! Let me check if there is any other apartment available to switch Mr. Staal into.” He started doing something with his computer, I just stood there staring at Makayla, I think she noticed and it might have even made her uncomfortable because she started to fidget. I wanted to stop looking at her but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. She was mesmerizing and I loved her after all. I always had I guess, even after all this time.

“Looks like we have an even bigger problem sir. We are 100% out of apartments to rent out. I am so sorry, I wish there is something we could do, I will make sure to get you all your money back and some extra for all the inconvenience.”

“It’s fine” I said.“ Can you give a number to the closest hotel.”
“I would sir” he spoke “Bit it would do you no good. All hotels are booked this weekend. It’s our famous parade weekend and we have tourists from all the world here at this time.”

“Fuck! What the hell should I do now my brothers not even in town.”

“You can stay with me until you find another place or until your brother comes back, Jordan.” Said Makayla catching me completely off guard. I didn’t even say anything I just stood there in shock did she just tell me I could stay with her. What makes her think I would say yes, I cant say yes, I don’t know if I can control myself around her. What if I make some stupid mistake? But what other option do I even have, there is absolutely no where else I can stay this weekend. It’s only for a couple of day. I can control myself for that long.

“I guess I could stay, I mean only if you are sure you would be okay with it.”

“I am sure Jordan. You have nowhere else to go and I have two bedrooms, we should be fine.”

“Okay, thanks a ton Makayla.”

Makaylas point of view

“You’re welcome. I finally choked out. What was I thinking? Inviting him to stay with me. What if he takes it the wrong way? What if I can’t control myself? What if he finds out about me having cancer?
He started to walk towards the elevator so I followed. We both didn’t say a word we just rode in the elevator with complete silence, talk about awkward moments. These next few days were going to be torture, especially with my chemo starting tomorrow of all days.
I walked into the apartment and decided to lay down a few ground rules.

“The bedroom closest to the bathroom is mine, so obviously the other one is yours. Other than that there was already food in the fridge and cupboards when I got here so help yourself to whatever you would like. Oh and there is only one bathroom so please try to be kind.”
I saw him smirk, a sexy kind of smirk. I think I might have passed out right there and then.

“Well I am going to take a shower, you probably want to take one too. I know, you’ve been travelling all day, I’ll try to hurry.” I need to stop rambling. Maybe he doesn’t feel like showering now he has too!

Jordans Point of view

Just the thought of her taking a shower turned me on. When was the last time I got laid? I was acting like a 14-year-old boy dammit! I needed to pull myself together.

I took my suitcases into my room and started to unpack my things. I took out a few things and then stood there trying to think of what would be appropriate to wear. Should I just wear my boxers? I decided against it I didn’t want Makayla to get any ideas. So I pulled out a t-shirt too. I heard a knock on my door; it was Makayla standing there in booty shorts and a tank top drying her hair with a towel.

“I am done now you can go ahead” She said

“Okay thanks.” I picked up my things and walked towards the bathroom. I am pretty sure I need a cold shower tonight. This was going to be a long week with a lot of sexual frustration, great.
After I was done I decided to go watch some TV. I walked into the living room only to see Makayla sitting there eating takeout. My stomach started to growl and I realized it had been awhile since I had eaten something. I decided to go see if I could find something quick and easy to make in the cupboards. I started walking towards the kitchen when Makayla turned around and saw me.

“Oh hey, I ordered you some food too, I figured you were hungry. I didn’t know what to get you, so I just ordered the first thing that came to mind.”

“That’s fine. Thanks”

I walked over to the sofa and sat down next to her but still kept a good distance between us. I reached over to the coffee table and grabbed my food. Let’s just say the first thing that had came to her mind is everything I would have ordered anyway. She remembered… she knew everything I wanted, it made me feel weird knowing she cared enough to remember.

I finished my food and walked over to the garbage to throw away the garbage.

Makayla looked over at me and sad “ Well, I gotta be up early, so I’m going to head to bed. Goodnight Jordan.”

With that she turned around and walked away with sexy sass, I guess she was just nervous or something earlier because she walked with more confidence that I had ever seen her. It’s like being apart from me she learnt more about herself and the effect she can have on people.

Makaylas point of view

I was trying to go to sleep but I simply couldn’t stop thinking about Jordan. I wondered if he was thinking about me, I doubted it but hey, I girl can hope.

The next morning I got up and tried to get myself ready for chemo. This is going to be really hard. I didn’t even have a nurse and who knew when I would get the time to find a new one. I was just going to have learn how to be stronger. I also had to learn how to make sure Jordan wouldn’t suspect a thing.

Jordans point of view

And there I was holding Makayla’s hair as she puked her guts out. I kept asking her what was wrong and she kept replying that she had food poisoning but I had this gut feeling that it wasn’t. Wouldn’t I have gotten sick too?

“Makayla I think I should take you to the emergency room, you obviously are not okay.”

“I’m fine Jordan. Leave me alone!”

“Makayla you are not fine and I don’t care what you have to say I am going to take you!”

“You can’t, I am fine honestly.”

“Why won’t you just go Makayla? Don’t you want to know what’s wrong? Don’t you want to know if you’re okay?”

“No, I don’t because I am not! I have cancer! There I said it. I’m on chemo that’s why I am sick! I’m dying Jordan, they really don’t think I am gonna make it.”

I froze.
♠ ♠ ♠
So lets skip the part where I explain why I haven't posted in thirty years, I would just like to say sorry.
Anywhoo thanks to everyone who reads this I love you and if you subscribe or comment I love you more!<3