How It All Should Have Gone

Glee Club

The next day at school was horrible. Santana passed rumors of who knocked me up like wildfire. The looks and whispers killed me. How easy it would be to just tell everyone that their high school hero was the father. That their star was the boy who wasn't careful and knocked up his ex-girlfriend. I'd love to just tell Santana. To watch her face as it sank in. That her boyfriend was expecting a child with me, but that would mean breaking my word and I've never done that especially out of spite. And I wasn't going to start now, not over Santana Lopez.
“Slut.” Someone in class coughed as I walked in. I sighed and took my seat.
“Whore.” I recognized Santana's voice. Everyone snickered and tears filled my eyes.
“Santana, shut up.” Noah Puckerman snapped. I looked over at him. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back.
“Do you have something to tell us Puck?” Santana asked, insinuating that the baby was his.
“Yeah, you're a self-loathing bitch.” Puck said and Santana's face got angry.
“And you're a loser Puckerman. You're never going to amount to anything. You're worthless.” Santana spit out. Puck just smiled.
“That's not what you were saying over the summer when I was getting it in.” Everyone in the class stopped breathing. Santana turned bright red and shut up.
“Thank you.” I mouthed to Noah.
“Welcome.” He mouthed back and class started.

I wasn't allowed to leave early anymore so Ms. Pillsbury made me pick an extra elective. I chose Glee club feeling only the loser kids would be apart of it so no one would make fun me. I walked into the room and wanted to die. I chose this to get away from the popular kids and more than half of the starting cheerleaders were here not to mention Jesse.
“Ah, here she is now class. Ms. Pillsbury had forced Rachel to join us from now on. Please, Rachel, tell us about yourself.”
“Pregnant slut.” Quinn Fabray laughed. I turned to leave but Mr. Shuester stopped me.
“Quinn, apologize. Now or leave.” Quinn looked astonished.
“I'm sorry Ru-Paul.”
“Out Quinn. Don't come back until you can be respectful. Glee club is about acceptance. It's about not judging and being supportive. I will not stand for any one of you to ruin that reputation. Understand?” All of the kids nodded.
“Quinn, why are you still here?” He asked.
“You're kidding? I'm out because of Rachel Berry?”
“Yes.” Was his answer. Quinn picked up her things and stormed out.
“Now Rachel. You do have to audition for a place, even though everyone gets in. Do you have a song prepared?” Mr. Shuester asks.
“Umm, I didn't practice but I'll sing. Sure.” I put my books down on the piano and whisper my song to the piano player. I start, the whole time looking at Jesse.

Oh, How about a round of applause, Yeah
A standing ovation
Oh, Yeah
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

You look so dumb right now
Standing outside my house
Trying to apologize
You're so ugly when you cry
Please, just cut it out

Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not
Baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught
But you put on quite a show
Really had me going
But now it's time to go
Curtain's finally closing
That was quite a show
Very entertaining
But it's over now (but it's over now)
Go on and take a bow

Grab your clothes and get gone (get gone)
You better hurry up
Before the sprinklers come on (come on)
Talking' bout'
Girl, I love you, you're the one
This just looks like a re-run
Please, what else is on (on)

Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not
Baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught
But you put on quite a show
Really had me going
But now it's time to go
Curtain's finally closing
That was quite a show
Very entertaining
But it's over now (but it's over now)
Go on and take a bow

Oh, And the award for
The best liar goes to you (goes to you)
For making me believe (that you)
That you could be faithful to me
Let's hear your speech, Oh

How about a round of applause
A standing ovation

But you put on quite a show
Really had me going
Now it's time to go
Curtain's finally closing
That was quite a show
Very entertaining
But it's over now (but it's over now)
Go on and take a bow
But it's over now


“Wow, Rachel, that was amazing.” Mr. Shuester tells me. Then to the whole class.
“We might actually win this year guys!” Santana rolls her eyes but almost everyone else just claps.

I feel like Glee is going to be good for me. It's gonna let me get my emotions out without hurting anyone but myself. I smile and have a new hope for my days, that is until we get paired off.

“Rachel, this week is duets. You'll be pairing with Jesse.”
“What? No way Mr. Shue. No mi gusta.” Santana blurts. My heart sinks having to work with Jesse.
“I'm sorry Santana but it's not your decision.”
“This is ridiculous!” She slams down into her seat.
“You're pieces are do tomorrow everyone.” Mr. Shuester tells us and the bell rings. I get my things and leave quickly.
“Rachel, wait up.” It's Jesse.
“What?” I ask stopping.
“Was that song for me?” He asks. And even though it was I lie.
“Not everything I do, revolves around you Jesse.” I try to walk away but he keeps pace with me.
“Well, what do you want to sing?” He asks me. I stop again and just shake my head.
“I'm not singing with you Jesse. I'm not talking to you or looking at you or thinking about you anymore. I don't want to be reminded of what we had everyday when I don't have to be. Don't you get that?” I explode.
“Of course I understand that Rachel but aside from the baby this is for school. Its worth a grade, a grade that I need and I care about it.” Jesse informs me.
“Whatever Jesse. I'll let you know about the song and I'll sing with you but only this one time.” I tell him and walk away. I go home and think about the song choice. When I've decided on one I text Jesse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys enjoy the story? Do you know which song she's choosen?