Status: Its going pretty good

You're Just an Animal That I Caught

Chapter 6

Matt's POV

Today, I want to spend some time alone with Donna because we haven't spent that much time with one another. Also, I wanted her to meet my parents and my sister, Amy. I planned to go to the movies then meet the family at Red Lobster, ya know nothin' too fancy. I walk to the guest room and knock on the door, and I hear a faint 'come in' from inside. I walk in and see that she is already dressed. She turned around and smiled at me.

" Hey Matt, what's up?", Donna greeted

" Nothin', hey, you wanna go to the movies, ya know, just me and you?", I asked, already knowing she would say yes.

" Sure, what are we gonna see? Oh wait, how about that movie Ted with Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis? I heard it was funny", She suggested.

I shrugged, " Sure why not. Then after, you could come to Red Lobster to meet my parents and my sister?"

Her smile that was once there not too long ago was now gone," Your family?"

" Yeah, what's wrong. Their basically your family too", I assured.

Donna shook her head," No, they're not. I don't even know them, hell they don't know ME!".

" That's the point of us goin' to Red Lobster, so you could get to know them", I pointed out.

She looked at me, " Do you know how damn awkward that's gonna be? I can't just sit down and have dinner with them and talk to them as if I've known them my whole life!", she argued.

" I'm not asking you to move in with them or anything, just a simple dinner, that's all. Is that so hard?", I tried to convince her, but if she was anything like me, she was stubborn as fuck.

" Actually, believe it or not, it is! It's like goin' a fuckin' blind date or something! And I hate blind dates. And why would you just spring this on me? You probably already told them that I was comin didn't you", she glared at me, well that's new.

I scratched the back of my neck, because I DID tell them she would definitely be there, " Uhh, yeah I did"

She threw her hands and yelled, " Holy shit Matt, why the fuck would you do that?"

" Because I didn't think it would be a big issue", I told her

" Yeah well it is. You can't just invite me to places and you not even fuckin' ask me FIRST!", she scolded.

" I know Ok. Look, I'm sorry, but you could please, please, please, just come to dinner?", I begged

She sighed," Fine, but I'm not gonna be comfortable"

" Just try please", I pleaded.

" Whatever, let's just go see Ted", she grunted.

**** After the movie ****

Donna's POV

" Oh my gosh, that was soo funny" I boasted. We just got done watchin' Ted and I must say that I'm in love with Mark Wahlberg. Now I've always been in love with him since I saw that video for "Good Vibrations" and then when I saw the movie, Fear, but this just takes the cake.

" I'm glad you liked it. So uh, how about we go home and change?", Matt suggested.

I nodded, " Aight cool, what time do we have to be there?"

" Uuuh, at 5", He answered.

I looked at my phone seeing that it's only 3:30.

We got home at around 3:50 and I headed into the guest room bathroom and took a shower, leaving my hair curly, even though it was straight earlier. I put on eyeliner and lip gloss, then put on my new set of clothes. I look at the clock in the guest room and see that it's already 4:30, so I head downstairs and see Matt watching Friends. He sees me and ask if I'm ready to go.

" Well, I have no choice, so yeah I'm ready", I shrug.

" Lighten up will ya? It's not gonna be a train wreck", He assured.

We get in the car and the ride to Red Lobster took shorter than I hope it wouldn't be. We walk in and Matt tells the hostess that he already has reservation under the name Sanders and she leads us to a booth in the back, like a more intimate area secluded from the rest of the restaurant. We sat down and let me tell you that the silence was so awkward, you could breathe it into your lungs. An old couple and a blonde haired lady walked in with smiles on their faces.

" Hello, I'm Kim, this is Gary, we're Matt's parents",the elder woman introduced, the man smiling next to her.

" And I'm his sister Amy", the blonde lady smiled.

I smiled nervously, " Hey, I'm Donna, but you already knew that".

They sat down across from me and Matt. I was still nervous as fuck, but I hoped to calm down as this meet and greet continued. The waitress walked up to us and asked us for our drinks and salads then left.

" So, Donna, how you likin' California so far?", Gary asked

" It's cool ya know. I haven't really looked around and explored. I just went to the carnival not too long ago, so that was pretty cool." I replied nonchalantly.

" Oh that's cool, so how do you like Val and the girls? I love the girls, but I know they can be a handful", Amy laughed

I laughed too, " They're not that bad, I'm actually getting along with them very well, Val too".

" That's great hun,so what's it like living in New York?", Kim wondered.

I should tell her about all the drugs, prostitution, violence, and crime, but I won't." It's very... interesting. It's like any other state except with a lot of Hispanics and Italians", I laughed," Ya know, it has its faults and it high points, but nothin' outta the ordinary". I probably shouldn't tell her about this guy I knew running around the neighborhood naked because he was high off his ass.

They laughed, so that was a good sign." So what school do you go to?", Amy looked at me.

I was kinda embarrassed about the school I went to." I go to Brooklyn School for Music & Theatre", I blushed. Yes ladies and gentlemen, the bad ass Donna Jasper Mendez was what we at my school liked to call a Fame kid. I was into theatre and music, obviously.

" Oh, I guess that's expected, you're definitely Matt's kid", Gary smiled at me. I smiled too, but it faded because then I started thinking. ' Matt's kid', it didn't sound right to me. I mean sure, we share the some blood and DNA, but I was raised by my mom and Sonny, that's all I know, that's what I'm used to. Thank God Amy changed the subject. We ordered our food and small talked while we waited. Once the food came, we just ate in silence, saying something every once in a while.

We finished eating and were now outside the seafood heaven.

" So it was great meeting you Donna, I hope we get to see you again before you go back home" Amy said and hugged me.

" So I guess we'll see you guys later", Kim said and hugged me and Matt, as did Gary.

After that, me and Matt headed to the car. Once we got into the car, Matt looked at me.

" Soooo?", Matt smirked.

I raised my eyebrow," What?"

" What do you think, that wasn't so bad was it?", He asked.

" I guess not, but I'm still not comfortable", I indicated.

" Don't worry, you'll get used to them", He assured me.

I smiled and pulled out my phone looking for Aiden's number, finding it under the new name I put for him, which was Brooklyn's Finest ;), which was one of his favorite movies, but I just put it because I thought he was the hottest guy in Brooklyn, ya know next to River.

I texted him ' Hey babe :)'

Minutes later my phone buzzed in my hand ' Hey gorgeous, call me, I wanna hear ur voice'

I smiled at that text and texted back ' I'll call u when I get in the house, I don't want Matt 2 hear us'

I look out the window for a while until my phone buzzes 'K babe'

After about 20 minutes we get back to Matt's place, and as soon we get to the door, it swings open revealing a smiling Val.

"So, how was it?", she urged.

We walked in," It went better than I expected", I told Val honestly.

" Where are the girls?", Matt looked around.

" Oh I forgot to tell you, I let them spend the weekend at Mich and Brian's house, they kept askin', so I just took em there", Val informed the worried father. Matt made an 'oh' face.

"Well, if you guys need me, I'll be upstairs", I announced then went to the guestroom changing into a big t-shirt and took off my make up. I then picked up my phone and dialed Aiden's number. It rang 3 times before he answered.

" Hey babe", he answered.

" Heeey Denny", I greeted.

" So what's up, havin' fun in Huntington Beach?", he asked.

" Yeahh.. ya know, today I met Matt's parents and his sister", I told him.

" Really? What are they like, are they total assholes?", Aiden questioned and he was serious when he asked that.

" No, they're really cool. Matt's sister, Amy used to play professional basketball. I could tell because she was tall as fuck", I laughed.

He laughed, " Well I'm glad you're havin' a good time, even though I miss you like hell", He groaned.

"I know, I miss you too. I can't wait to come back and see you, Tawny, and River", I moaned.

" I thought you liked being with Matt and his crew", Aiden observed.

" I do, I just love home more", I pointed out.

"Well, before you know it, you'll be back in the shitty city of Brooklyn", and I could tell he was smiling.

" Yeah I guess so", I sighed", but I still miss it"

He sighed too," Cheer up babe, tell ya what, when you get back, we'll spend a whole day together, smokin', drinkin'... whatever you wanna do".

I frowned when he said drinking and smoking, because I told myself and Matt that I would try quitting.

" Yeah, Aiden about that... I'm tryin' to quit drugs,drinkin', stealin', and what not", I admitted

He was silent for a few minutes," Really?... Well that's great Donny!".

" Seriously?", I asked in disbelief

" Of course... It's awesome that you wanna get a fresh new start, does this mean that you won't get into fights?", Aiden wondered.

I scoffed," Now that I don't know if I can handle"

He laughed," Well at least you're tryin' to quit"

" Yeah", I agreed. I heard Matt shout my name," Hey Aid, I think Matt wants me, so I guess, I'll talk to you later".

" Alright, bye babe. Love you", He said.

" Love you too, bye", I then hung up and went downstairs.

I went into the living room to see Matt and Val in their pj's on the couch.

" You needed me?", I asked the happy couple,

" Yeah, we were wondering if you wanted to watch some home videos of the girls", Val offered.

My attitude switched faster than Craig Manning's personality. I don't think I can sit there and watch the girl's home videos. I don't think I could take watching their happy times with Val and Matt. Because I know if I watch it, I'll break down crying, because I never got the things they got.

" Uh, I'm kinda tired, so maybe another time", I lied, with a believable yawn.

" Oh alright, well goodnight", Val frowned. I felt kinda bad, but I was only saving myself heartache. I nodded saying goodnight, going up to the guestroom. I lied down trying to go to sleep, and eventually, it got to be too much and I knew what would make me go to sleep. I reached into my suitcase, into a small compartment where there lied a small baggie. Inside was the white powder that relieved stress from me. I went into the bathroom and locked it, making sure that I wasn't caught doing what I promised Matt I wouldn't do, I lined the rows up, rolled up a dollar, and sniffed.

Now, I can get a good night's sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm sorry I haven't updated lately. But here ya go! Feedback is always appreciated. Thanks to MoMo_92 and mrs.stiglitz4207, love you guys. Please recommend because even if you don't like it, maybe one of you're friends will :)