Roomies

Naked

The bright light of the late morning slipped between the curtains, as Edith woke up from a dreamless slumber. Her head was pounding. How much had she drank last night? She couldn't remember where the Coronas had ended and the Jose Cuervo shots had began. She hadn't drank that much since her college graduation party. God, she had missed the feeling, but it brought back such bittersweet memories. Ones of those that had betrayed her. They used to be such great friends and now they are nothing more than a painful reminder of how naïve she had been. The signs had been there from the beginning and she overlooked because she didn't believe that they would do that to her. Oh, had she been wrong.

As she became more aware of her surrounding, someone shifted in the bed beside her and tossed an arm across her back. Edith stiffened, immediately, at the contact as broken memories of the night before began to piece themselves together. She had gone out with Mike and some of his teammates after being persuaded by Mike to do so. They had all gone to a popular bar that they had heard about through web of gossip know as the Staples Center. 

At first, she had thought the music was too loud, too fast, and the dance floor was just a grind fest. After a few drinks, she loosened up enough to dance with Anze Kopitar and Jonathan Quick. Greene had challenged her to shots before she was pulled back out onto the floor once again by the young net minder, but that was until a certain roommate of her had intervened and pulled her away to dance with him. His touch was sensual and the way his hips dug into her from behind as they dirty danced to a remix of Akon's 'I Wanna Love You'.

 At that point, they both chose to recognize the sexual tension that had been built up over the past few weeks between them, with just one look he was dragging her out of the club and into the first cab. They were barely able to keep their hands off each other and somehow her bra had come undone before they reached their house. Mouths glued together and clothes discarded as they stumbled inside and up the stairs to Mike's room. And from there, they gave into themselves and their desires all through the night until they collapsed in exhaustion as their alcohol induced frenzy had dissolved.

Oh, how had he made her feel so good. She had never received the kind of attention Mike had given her. Jason had never thought about pleasuring her, but Mike, he wanted her to experience the please she had given him... Wait, what had she been thinking? How could she have slept with him? Was she that desperate? She was too tired to leave him, plus he was warm. Groaning in frustration and confusion, she flopped her head back onto the pillow. A rumbling chuckle sounded as she did so.

"Looks like someone's awake." The soft, thick voice of her roommate stated from behind her, leaning his head on her shoulder. Rolling her eyes at him, she rolled over to face him. Mike had propped himself up on his elbow as if he had been watching her for a while.

"How long have you been up?" Her own voice sounded so harsh on her ears. She had never been loud in bed before but he had twisted her up into a screaming fit as he deliberately took his time once they began in a slow, even pace. Almost like they were making love instead of on a booty call.

He shrugged, "A while."

"Do you do this with all your conquests?" She wondered aloud, not meaning for him to hear it.

"Never," He informed her, reaching out to tuck a stray hair behind her ear, "You're the first, I've ever really cared to look at the morning after... I don't know why."

"That's heartless... You realize most of those girls that you sleep with adore you, right?"

A sly smile snuck onto his lips as he drew up an eyebrow and leaned down closer to her, their lips almost brushing, "Do you adore me?"

Scoffing, Edith didn't really know how to answer that question. She wasn't sure how she felt about him, honestly. She never got the chance because his lips claimed hers, smothering her thoughts along with it. The way he lazily moved his lips against lulled her into a lazy daze. Honestly, if he'd let her she'd kiss him all day and never tire of the way his felt against her's. She knew he felt the same, but, sadly, they still required oxygen to continue living or else they would go into cardiac arrest. Pulling away, Mike smiled, thoughtfully at her,

"I adore you, did you know that?"

Narrowing her eyes, she placed her hands on his chest to push him away to create some space between them,

"Are you still drunk? Do you even realize what you're saying?"

This time he wasn't sure how to respond. How did he express himself to a woman he actually cared about? To someone who had been hurt? Before he could say something, she got up from the bed, obliviously not willing to wait to hear him out,

 "Save it, Mike. Don't say anything you don't mean." With that she walked out of his room, not bothering to gather her clothes.

Mike followed her, he wasn't going to let her get away this time. His strong body carried him, quickly towards her room and he was able to get a foot in her door way before she could lock him out. She struggled to push him out, slamming the door against him in an attempt to close him out,

"Leave me alone!" She demanded, judging by the strain in her voice she was on the verge of tears, "You don't understand."

"Eddie, please... Let me in." He began, he wanted to understand her. He wanted to heal her, "I want to understand."

"You won't" She assured him, "Please, don't waste your time on me... I'm damaged goods."

Leaning his head against the door, he sighed, "I don't care about that. I want to help... I can go beat up that fucking bastard that you called, 'your fiancé', if you want me."

With that she opened the door, her face barely peaking out from behind it, "And what will the accomplish? Other than asserting your dominance over him. I'm the one that was wronged, not you."

Mike was lost for words once again. He hadn't thought of it that way. She was right, him flying out to Seattle wouldn't solve anything, it wouldn't help her any.

"What can I do to help you?" He inquired, stepping closer to her, "I want to make you better."

Tears threatening to fall from her chocolate brown eyes, she shook her head, "It takes time to fix a broken heart and to forget six years that were really a lie."

"But it doesn't have to." He pleaded, gently ushering her backwards into her room, cupping her cheeks with his hands, "You've said before that I'm different than him. Maybe you need me to forget him."

"Mike... I'm not sure." She sighed, fighting the urge to lean against him for support.

"Please, Eddie, I promise-" She cut him off with a warning,

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

"I know..." He smiled, softly down at her, " I learned that a long time ago, but I will do my best not to hurt in anyway that he did. I want to be with you."

"I don't know..." Why didn't she doubt him so? Would he have to get down on his knees and beg her to give her a chance.

"Please, just say, 'yes'. Please give me a chance." He pleaded, grasping her shoulders, making her look at him.

"What's gotten into you? Why the sudden interest?" She questioned.

"You have! You have helped me feel more comfortable here. You made this place a home and a somewhere that I want to stay. You haven't judged me ever. I feel like I could tell you anything."

"When did this happen?" She laughed, a his declaration.

"Honestly?" She nodded, urging him to continue, "It was the day you roasted that girl I brought home. It was the hottest thing I've ever seen."

Snorting a laugh, Eddie shook her head at him, "Is that why you kissed me? You were turned on?"

"Yeah, pretty much. But I mean, look at you! You're so fucking amazing."

Unable to contain her blush, she looked away from him, "Hardly."

With his thumb, he tilted her head up so that he could look her in the eye.

"Don't ever say that again." He commanded, "You are worth so much more than me."

"No-" Fed up with her objections, Mike silenced her with a kiss. Summoning up everything he had suddenly realize he felt for her. The force of the kiss, blew her away, leaving her breathless unable to argue with him. Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad idea....

"Ok," She breathed out resting her head against his.

"Ok?" He questioned, his nose wrinkling.

"I will try to move on with you."

"You will?" His smile grew a mile wide as he asked her this.

"Sure, as long as you kiss me like that all the time." She winked at him.

"Well, I'm sure I can manage that." Mike laughed, throatily and pulled her in for another mind blowing kiss.

Yeah, she could definitely get used to this again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to everyone, who given me lovely comments on this story. How about 10 comments for the next update?? hope you all enjoyed it! Let's go Kings!!!!