Warped Tour Romantics

Kellin.

John had come to watch our set, i'd seen him the minute he sat himself down, looking suave as ever as he lit a cigarette. I tried to ignore him while we played, managing to keep my concentration on the crowd for most of the time. Admittedly, I did catch myself glancing in his direction a few times and i'm sure the other guys had seen me do so too and they would probably poke fun at me for it later. So when we finished I went straight towards John and I joined him on the walk to the stage he was playing. We chatted easily, he somehow made me feel ok about the situation with Katelynne for once, not even my mother had been able to bring my mood about the situation up.

We sat side stage, atop a road box in much the same way John had during my own set and said ‘hey’ to his band mates as they walked pasted, Garrett telling John to get off his lazy ass and help set up.
"I'm keeping Kellin company right now Garebear, sorry."
"I think he's big enough to look after himself for ten minutes." John shook his head.
"Would you like some help?" I asked, ready to pull myself from my place next to John. Garrett laughed, shaking his head though, walking away and John slapped my arm.
"Ow! What was that for?"
"We're hanging out, you aren't leaving me to help set up."
"Garrett, John is beating me up!" I yelled to him, laughing as I watched Garrett come over to us again, tugging on John's arm until he was on his feet and following Garrett like he was a small child. I liked all of these guys already, they seemed like great, funny guys and I knew we'd end up hanging out a lot over the summer. I liked that about Warped, that it didn't matter what kind of music you played, you could make friends with anyone. John eventually gave in and helped check all the microphones before coming back to join me after a whole five minutes.
"If I squint hard enough I might even say you just did some work." I joked as he sat back down, poking his tongue out at me.

Finally John had to join the rest of his band on stage but I wasn’t alone for long, the rest of my own band mates joining me side of stage, all fresh and clean.
“I know you’re all head over heels for him and shit but please, do not jeopardize your own sanity, you reek.” Justin joked as he sat next to me.
“I am not head over heels.” I fought back feebly. Though he was right about the reeking part, I probably did.
It was decided when we were joined by the Maine side of stage when their set had finished that we’d all head out to the local bar since it was a day off tomorrow, after the Maine and myself had all showered of course. It would be nice to get away from the having beers in the back of the bus for once as we drove to another city I wouldn’t even get to see.

I don’t know if it was the alcohol in his system or that fact that we’d become quite close friends over the past few weeks, or maybe it was my constant, slightly unsubtle nagging but John had finally opened up to me when we’d headed outside so he could have a cigarette. It was nice, for him to open up like that I didn’t feel like it was a one-sided friendship where I spilled all my worry and feelings and he was just there to console me when I needed it. When we finally headed our separate ways and I headed back to my own bus I was all smiles and a stomach full of butterflies.
When the boy you are sort of crushing on basically admits he’s gay to you and that you’re the only person he tells and then gives you a hug, a tight warm hug, surely that must mean something, right? Maybe I over analyze everything too much for my own good but a part of me really wanted to believe that it did mean something, that maybe the silly crush wasn’t just a one-sided thing.

I stumbled into my bunk, suddenly too tired to bother to take my clothes off. It was only then, lying still in the silence of the bus that I realized just how drunk I was. I blinked a few times, the light spilling in from my open curtain burning my eyes a bit. I could almost feel the hangover closing in and I groaned, lying there for a good five minutes deciding whether it was worth getting up again to get some water, a hangover when you’re spending hours in a bus where the air conditioning is constantly on the blink is not my idea of fun. Groaning I finally pulled myself out of my bunk, stumbling a bit trying to get down. I hummed to myself softly as I went back to the small lounge on the bus, situating myself on the couch with a bottle of water. Gabe and Jack took this as their moment to show up, loud laughter already hurting my head and if I didn’t want the water so much I would’ve thrown my bottle at them.
“Have a good night with Johnny Boy?” Gabe asked, falling down next to me and I swatted him away with my bottle.
“Shoo, you’re too loud. I’m trying to drown any possibilities of a hangover in water.”
“Good luck with that, mate.” He said with another loud laugh, walking into the bunks.
“Jacky, help me up?” I asked him as he got his own bottle of water, not nearly as loud and obnoxious as Gabe. I made grabby hands at him and he sighed, pulling me out of my seat and I grinned at him widely, thanking him before he told me to go to bed. I dreamt of John O’Callaghan that night.