Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

We Like Zombies

We headed back to Luke's and crashed in the den. "Hello, everyone." Luke's dad greeted as he walked by. We all greeted him and he left us alone to our own accord. I liked his dad a lot, for a single parent he was pretty chill, trusted his kids, and made sure Luke and Lyla had everything they needed. I'm not quite sure what happened to their mom, but I do know she was out of the picture before third grade when I met Luke. We only really talk about her once in a while, but it seems she left or disappeared or died around the time Lyla was born. Luke says he doesn't remember much of his mom and leaves it at that. I don't press since he seems content with it.
"Alright! Games or movies?" Sven asked as he lounged on the couch.
"Games!"
"Games!"
"Movie!"
"Games."
"Movies!"
"Games!"
"Movie!"
"I don't care."
"Games it is!" Sven cheered, mentally keeping track of what each person said. "Now what game?" We spent the next five minutes choosing a game, ultimately picking Left for Dead 2. For the next three hours all we did was switch controllers as we destroyed horde of zombies after horde of zombies; we even got the Gnome Chompski achievement. I died every time we rescued the damn gnome... he better love me after that. Finally around 10 we decided to switch over to movies, the first being Left for Dead. We sure love our zombies. I grabbed the love seat with Zane and got comfortable with a bowl of popcorn, chocolate covered pretzels, and a shake I concocted before we started the movie. It felt wonderful to finally just sit back, relax, and hang with my friends and not have to worry about working either job or homework. Throughout the movie we talked (since we've all seen it about half a dozen times), laughed, and enjoyed hanging out.
After watching three other movies, everyone decided to go to sleep if they hadn't already passed out. Only one of my friends fell asleep with his shoes on... he's gunna wake to some fun artwork on his face. Remember kids always take your shoes off if you're going to fall asleep at a party. I tried to sleep, but found I couldn't so I tip-toed out of the den and out to the back yard. I rolled my pants up and dangled my feet into the cool pool water.
"Couldn't sleep?" I turned to find Luke walking over to join me.
"Nope, I think I'm too excited that I'm actually hanging out with people."
"I understand." He laughed, "I'm the same way."
"So how have you been, Luke? We talk a lot, but we haven't had time to really talk lately."
"Hmm... Nothing much really. I'm stressing about college. I have no idea where I want to go; do I wana stay around here, go somewhere far away?" He ran his hands through his hair, tugging it a little.
"Well, do you know what you want to do?"
"Yeah, I wana become a psychologist for teens."
"Okay, how are your grades?"
"They're pretty good, my lowest grade so far is a C in math my freshman year, but as of late I've been an A/B student."
"Very nice, Luke." I smiled at him. "What I would do is look into schools with excellent psychology programs. Look at both close by and farther away schools. After making up a list, you can decide from there if A. you can afford it, B. what scholarships you can get, and C. if you really want to be close to home or not. Also, visit your top schools to see if you can picture yourself there for four years. If I'm not mistaken Cavalier has a well known psychology program, you should check it out."
"You make it sound so easy." Luke chuckled and then he went silent thinking over what I just said. "Thanks, Sonya. You've really helped me." He leaved over and kissed my cheek.
"No problem, Luke. But if it was as simple as I said, I'd have schools picked out for me."
"Still haven't picked any?" I shook my head and gazed up at the sky and the winking stars. "So, have an interest in anyone?"
"What?" I whipped my head to face him.
"I was wondering if you had an interest in anyone. We were talking about it today, and now I'm curious."
"Not you too." I groaned. "No I don't."
"Not even with that new chap we met the other day? What was his name.. Tristan."
"Especially not him. I like him and all, but not like that."
"I see. You best tell me if you have someone you like."
"Only if you don't make fun of me or try to kill the poor dude."
"The latter I cannot promise on, but I won't tease you. I know you well enough that if I were to tease you, you'd never tell me anything like that again."
"You know me so well. And you'll probably be one of the first I confess to."
"Zane being THE first?"
"Maybe. Not quite sure yet. So what about you, Lukie? DO you like anyone?" My eyes slid sideways so I could see him.
His cheeks lightly turned darker and he looked away. "Kinda..."
"OOOh, What's she like?"
"She's nice, always has a smile on her face."
"Do I know her."
"Yes..."
"Do you talk to her a lot?"
"Kinda. We text from time to time."
I leaned back on my elbows and thought to whom this lucky person could be. "I'm gunna take it you haven't told her your feelings yet."
"Nope... I don't think she feels the same way about me."
"You don't know that. Why don't you tell her?"
"Um, maybe fear of rejection, laughter in the face, our friendship turning awkward. You take your pick." He snapped at me. I paid no mind, knowing he was just frustrated.
"Well, if she laughs in your face, she isn't someone you want to be with. As for rejection and the awkward I feel like you should take the risk. I mean it'll be hard, I've seen Zane freak out dozens of times, but even when rejected he was able to overcome it and eventually they were able to be friends again. You'll be fine, Luke, and if you do get rejected we're all here to cheer you up and at least you know you've tried." I thought a moment. "Ah, I feel like I'm not helping."
"No, you are. I think I needed someone to tell me I should try. But I don't know."
"Think about it, but don't take too long... you don't know if someone will beat you to it. Regret's a hard thing to live with."
"Yeah. Thanks again, Sonya. No offense, but it feels weird that I'm asking relationship advice from someone who hasn't had a crush on anyone... ever."
I chuckled, "I may not have dated anyone, but I've experienced enough with Zane to know a thing or two. I'm gunna head to bed, I hoped I really did help. Goodnight, Luke."
"Night, Sonya."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finals are over and summer is here. Hopefully I'll be able to regularly update. Comment please