Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Play Nice Boys

Around 10am the next day Zane and I left Luke's house and went home. When we entered the house, it still looked like a tornado went through it. "Dad, We're home!" I called.
"In the kitchen!" Zane and I looked at each other and went to our dad. "Hi, kids." He smiled with a cup of coffee in his hand.
"Didn't feel like picking up yesterday?"
"Nope. After I got done in the yard I just didn't have the energy to clean up after your mother."
"I understand. Have you had breakfast yet?"
"No."
"I'll whip up something and then we can get started on the house." Zane and dad nodded and started setting the table as I made omelets for everyone. I set the finished breakfast on the table and we started eating.
"So, what did you two do yesterday?"
"I got my truck fixed." -Me
"We went to The Candle and preformed and danced. We saw Tristan there and met some of his friends from work."- Zane
"That sounds like fun. Did you know the ones from work?" -Dad
"Actually no. They may be from another work or just models we haven't met yet." -Zane
"I see. And how is being friends with Tristan outside of work going?" -Dad
"Fine so far." Zane and I said at the same time.
"Oh guess what!" -Zane
"What?"-Dad
"Sonya met a boy." Zane smiled wickedly at me.
"...So? She meets guys all the time." My dad was a bit confused at that fact that I met someone new.
"But he called her on her cell."
Once again my dad did not get it. "Ah, so?"
"Dad, You're no fun!" -Zane
I chuckled. "He wants you to tease me like everyone else." I turned to Zane, "SEE! It's nothing big that I met a guy."
"Yeah, I mean when Sonya meets people they tend to come in twos. Since she became 'friends' with Tristan, it was bound to happen that she get another new friend." -Dad
"What do you mean 'bound to happen'?" -Zane
"Well, when she met Luke, soon after she met Micky. Then when she became friends with Marco, immediately after she became friends with Sven. Her guy friend trend tends to work like that." -Dad
My brother gaped at my dad as I burst out laughing. "It's so true. How did I never notice that pattern before?"
"Anyway, where did you meet this new 'boy'?" -Dad
"He's Mr. Valentine's nephew. He was working on my truck when I went to pick it up." -Me
"Is he nice?" -Dad
"From what I can tell yes. I gotta go by today and pick up my receipt." -Me
"As long as he's okay. Now that we are finished, let's work on the house." We quickly cleaned up the table and started on the house. My dad worked in the kitchen, while Zane and I cleaned the front room. Around 12 we were basically finished and I grabbed my keys.
"I'm going to pick up the receipt now. I'll be back soon."
"Okay, be careful." -Dad
"Will do." I slipped on my shoes and was about to shut the door when Zane came bounding down the hallway.
"I'm coming too!" He zipped past me and hopped into the passenger's seat.
"Why?" I asked turning the car on.
"Cuz I want to." I gave him a look and he finished, "And I want to meet this guy. I'm always there when you meet people, I'm curious bout this guy."
"Whatever. So what happened with your date yesterday?"
Zane pouted as he replied, "She cancelled because she had to babysit her sister and two cousins."
"You couldn't go over and help?"
"No, apparently her parents don't like people over when they aren't home."
"Especially a boy their daughter might date?" I smirked. He stuck out his tongue and remained quiet. The rest of the way we listened to the radio in silence. Once we arrived at the garage, I parked my truck and we headed in.
"Hey, Sonya." Jayce greeted as he shut the hood of his latest car.
"Hey, how's it going?"
"Pretty busy, but good." We shook hands and I introduced him to Zane.
"Jayce, this is my twin brother Zane. Zane, this is Jayce, Mr. Valentine's nephew."
"Nice, to meet you Zane." Jayce stuck out his hand.
"You too, Jayce." Zane took it and I could tell he was sizing up my new friend.
I sighed. "Where's your uncle, Jayce?"
He broke eye contact with Zane and looked at me. "He's in the office. You can knock at the door, he shouldn't be busy."
"Thanks." I went to walk away and as I passed them I said, "Play nice." And walked straight to Mr. Valentine's office. "Excuse me." I knocked and pushed the door open.
"Hello, Sonya."
"Hello,Valentine. How are you?"
"Great. Are you here for your slip?"
"Yes, sir."
"Alright, let me get it." He fished around his desk until he found my crumpled piece of paper. "Here you are."
"Thanks." I grabbed the pieced of paper and shoved it into my pocket.
"So did you say hi to Jayce."
"Yep, and right now he's with Zane."
He laughed as he said, "You best get back there, Zane may try to kill my nephew. I need that boy!"
"I doubt he'd kill him... maybe just maim him or something."
"Nonetheless, you best get back before something happens. I'll see you later, Sonya."
"You too, Valentine. Bye." I exited his office and entered the garage. I walked in to Jayce and Zane laughing up a storm. "I see you two are all buddy-buddy now." I smirked.
"I guess. Jayce is a good guy."
"Glad you approve." Jayce smiled. "Well, I gotta get back to work. It was nice seeing you Sonya and meeting you Zane." He shook both of our hands and went back to work. Zane and I jumped in the truck and headed back home.
"Zane can you help me with my homework? I don't get it." I said as I crept into his room and sprawled on his bed.
"I guess, let me see. Oh this is easy." I scowled at him and he laughed. "Sorry, I forget sometimes that math doesn't come easy to you." He laid next to me and for the next hour we worked on my math homework; him trying to teach me and me trying to grasp the concepts.
"Thanks, Zane!" I hugged my brother.
"No probs, Sonya." He smiled and hugged me back.
"I'll see you in a bit. I'm gunna go make dinner."
"Later."
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I do more modeling chapters?