Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

I Don't have a Choice, Do I?

I was in the library trying to do research on a project I needed to finish, but all I could think about was how this 'vacation' wasn't very vacationy. All I've been doing since getting out of school was work, work, do homework, and go Christmas shopping. The latter isn't so bad since I get to hand out with friends (Yay!), but working all the time was a lot of well work. I always came home exhausted after modeling for 4 hours or cooking for just as long. It was fun, but tiring. I was looking forward to Christmas Eve through January 3rd because all I would have to worry about is unfinished homework, friends, and cooking; modeling was on holiday until the 3rd.
It was three days til Christmas Eve and I was all set present wise. Apparently my friends weren't as prepared as me... my phone rang. "Hello?" I whispered.
"Sooonya!" Trina yelled into the phone.
"Hold on." I got up and went to the bathroom. "What's up?"
"Lyla, Kat, and I decided on a girls day and you're coming!"
"I don't have a choice?"
"Nope. Do you need a ride?"
"No." I sighed. "Where am I meeting you?"
"At the Square."
"Alright, I'll see you in about five. However, around 3 I have to leave; work."
"Fine. See you soon!" She clicked off and I sighed. *So much for getting work done...* I went back to the table I was working at and packed my books. I went to the librarian to get checked out and went to my truck. I was at the Square in a few minutes and I looked around for Trina's car. I quickly saw her, Lyla, and Kat waving their arms. I parked behind Trina's car and got out.
"Hey, guys." I greeted.
"Sonya!" -Trina
"Hi." -Kat
"Heyhey." -Lyla
"So what are we doing exactly?"
"Hanging out and finishing last minute shopping. We never hang out, just us girls." Trina smiled as she looped arms with me and Kat and started walking off. I looped arms with Lyla as I was dragged along the familiar road. First we went to a clothes outlet. "First, dresses for the Christmas party and New Year's." We browsed through the store and each of us had an arm full of dresses to try on. I tried to tell them that I wasn't getting a dress for either event, but they wouldn't hear it.
"Just play along." Kat advised as she slipped into the dressing room. We spend at least an hour trying on all of these dresses. Trina, Kat, and Lyla each got a dress for the Christmas Eve party at the D'Eath's house. Trina's dress was a red cocktail dress that went mid thigh and clung to her curves. It had a silver broach on her left shoulder and she looked stunning in it. Kat's was a strapless red satin cocktail dress with a black belt and puffed at the bottom. Lyla's was definitely unique. It was a black and green number that went off of one shoulder and had beads... lots of them. I don't think it really would have suited anyone but her.
We walked to the next four stores with an actual purpose of getting gifts for others. "So how have you been, Sonya?" Kat asked as we looked though guy clothes.
"Busy. I've been working a lot and apparently I'm the go to person for gifts." I smiled and held up a shirt that was roughly my dad's size.
Kat chuckled and replied, "I've hear. Marco told me he had kidnapped you a few days ago."
"Yup, him and Sven. It was fun to hang out with them though."
"Must have been nice. So do you know what he got me?" She nudged me with her elbow.
I grinned and looked down at her. "Yes, but my lips are sealed."
"No fair."
"You wouldn't be surprised if I told you."
"I guess... Will I like it?"
"You don't have faith in your own boyfriend?"
"It's not that, he just has some weird taste at times."
"I can't deny that, but I can reassure you your present isn't that weird." I teased her and laughed. She smiled back at me and we continued looking around. A little while later we left the store for another one.
"Can we go in here? I have to pick up Travis something." Kat asked and pointed to a baby store. Travis was her 1 year old brother.
"Sure." We all said and headed in. We got a few strange looks, but we picked out some adorable things for him. Eventually 3 rolled around and I had to head off to work.
"I'll see you guys later." I waved and went to my truck.
I arrived at work and headed right in. "Afternoon all." I waved. Everyone greeted me and went back to their jobs. I got my outfit for the day and went to change. Today was formal attire and I have to admit I loved my outfit. I had a deep wine colored shirt, a black vest that had two silver paired buttons , black tie, black pinstriped pants, and a black tail coat. I walked out and fixed my cuffs so they were more comfortable.
"Ready?" my make-up artist asked.
"Of course." I sat down and got a fine amount of make-up today. Next my hairdresser came and slicked back my hair.
"your hairs getting long, Az." My Hairdresser commented.
"I know, I gotta get it cut soon."
"next time we have time I'll do it for you."
"Thanks.'' *Damn I looked formal.* I received my accessories: white gloves, a silver pocket watch, red lip studs, and Ice blue contacts. Once I added my accessories, I put on my shiny black dress shoes, and walked out into the studio.
"You look like a butler." Abbadon laughed.
"May I get you some tea, sir?" I asked with a bow. Everyone, including the staff, started laughing.
"Yes, make it black tea with honey and cream." My brother commanded.
"As you wish." I smiled, but before I could go our photographer called us to attention. We were informed that we were doing the shoot at the local ball room. We all carefully loaded ourselves into a van and drove there. After fixing any small mishaps, like hair out of place or smudged makeup, we waited for instructions. My brother, Tristan, and two other models were up first. Abbadon had a white shirt with a lime green vest and bow tie and black pants. He adorned a lime green hat on top of semi-messy hair. He posed alone, in a group of other guys with similar styles, and with different females. Behind the photographer I'd make silly faces to make his true smile shine instead of his photo smile that sometimes seemed fake. Whenever the photographer turned around I'd always have a cup of tea to my lips and I'd cock my head in questioning. He never said a word as he shook his head and went back to the shoot.
Finally it was my turn to take photos and I moved all around the room. I started on the stairs, then moved to a random wall and ended at the entrance to the place. It was a lot of fun posing in the outfit I was in; it's not very often one looks like a butler. The only annoying part was taking off the coat and putting it back on, it took a few minutes to get everything straight again when I put it on.
Around 8 we finished with the last pic and we headed back to the studio. Abbadon and I quickly changed and headed home to eat and relax before another hectic day began.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ysg00F4gfA0/TsNq8igPhhI/AAAAAAAABxA/N4IU04i_nhU/s1600/red-Christmas-dress.jpg -Kat's
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=22053377 -Trina's
http://www.promdressesol.com/693-4866-large/green-mixed-black-one-shoulder-cocktail-dress82601.jpg -Lyla's

Haha Christmas arc is enabling me to write Sonya with people she doesn't always get to see. I like =)