Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Taking a Walk through Memory Lane

It was Christmas Eve and I just got out of the shower. "Sonya, almost done in there?" Zane called through the door.
"Give me a minute." I called back and wrapped myself in my towel. I grabbed a dry wash cloth and started drying my hair a bit. I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom. "All yours."
"Took long enough. May want to hurry, we're leaving in 2o." I nodded my head and went to my room. I closed the door and started to dry my body off. Once mostly dry I started getting dressed in a white dress shirt, red vest, and black pants. I brushed my hair and clipped on a small Santa hat. Lastly I laced my ankle boots, put in red and green lip rings, tied a black choker around my neck, and grabbed my black coat.
"Everyone ready?" My dad called from the door.
"I am." My mom smiled.
"Me too." Zane stood next to my mom and I took my place as the caboose.
"Let's go." I smiled and we headed to my mom's car. When we arrived, the place was packed up and down the street with cars. "I think we should have gotten here earlier."
"Me too. You guys get out now, I'll find a place to park." My mom said. We complied with her command and got the food and presents from the trunk. We waved her off and headed to the door where Christmas music could be heard. My father rang the door bell and we waited for someone to open it.
"Welcome!" Luke's dad greeted. "Luke, Lyla, and everyone are in the den."
"Thanks, Mr. D'Eath! Happy Christmas!" Zane and I smiled and hugged. We brought the food to the kitchen and then headed to the den. "WAAAAZ UP?!" We sang in unison.
"SONYA! ZANE!" Everyone cheer greeted. "Merry Christmas!"
"Merry Christmas!" We yelled back and hugged everyone.
"Zane, like our dresses?" Trina grinned as she dragged Lyla and Kat away from their boyfriends.
"Yes, you three look quite beautiful in those dresses." He smiled at them.
"We tried to get Sonya to buy one, but she wouldn't." Trina pouted.
"I have this cute outfit right here."
"Are you ever wear gunna wear a dress?"
"I-" I was cut off by three people walking in.
"Merry Christmas everyone." Jayce, Chelsae and Tristan greeted. We all called 'Merry Christmas' back and hugged them.
"Did we interrupted something?" Tristan asked.
"Sonya was about to answer my question about her ever wearing a dress."
"So are you?"
"I will for prom. Why are you so determined for me to wear a dress?"
"You're going to prom!?" Trina yelled happily and hugged me.
"Yeah, I wouldn't miss something like that. It's like a right of passage."
"Yay!!!" Trina cheered.
"That'll be fun to see." Tristan grinned.
"What?"
"You in a dress."
"I've worn a dress before."
"Yeah, but that was back in like fourth grade when your parents made you for holidays." Luke commented and smirked.
"Come on, dresses are so annoying. I mean when you grow up with what three guys as your best friends, dresses cause problems. How am I suppose to keep up with boy when there is a chance I'll fall and everyone see my underwear or forbidden to climb trees due to said underwear problem? They're more of a hassle than purposeful."
"You're a cynical person aren't you?" -Jayce
"No, just practical. Besides Lyla, I didn't really have female friends anyway so dresses weren't really a style in my book."
"That's true." My brother thought and all my friends stopped to think back on my friend history. "Damn, you really didn't have any female friends growing up except Lyla."
"And I was much more of a tomboy like Sonya because I had Luke, Zane, and Micky as my closest friends." -Lyla
All of a sudden Luke and Zane were on either side of me and hugged me with their hand cupping my face. "We're sorry, we deprived you of female interaction. Forgive us."
"Ah, sure?" Everyone burst out laughing at the scene that unfolded before them. Even Zane and Luke ended up laughing. "You didn't really deprive me. It's not like our classmates really wanted to be our friends anyway if you remember."
"That's true. We had an awful class didn't we?" -Luke
"Sure did. So bad that once high school hit I went the home school route." -Zane
"Really, that's why your a home school kid?" Chelsae asked.
"Yep, I couldn't stand the people we kept getting placed with so I told my parents either home school me or I'm skipping." -Zane
"They were awful to you." -Micky
"How come?" -Jayce
"Cause I was so damn smart. That's really the reason and because I sucked at sports." -Zane
"That's so dumb." -Tristan
"Yeah, I shoulda skipped a grade-" -Zane
"Or three." -Me
"But I didn't want to be alone with people who were quite a few year older than me. Even though I had the intelligence of a 6th grader didn't mean I had the mind of one. I was, after all, still only a 9 year old. So my parents refused to have me skip. I'm glad because I got to know Micky and Luke and at the time I was attached to Sonya like she was oxygen." -Zane
"I remember that. You were a social butterfly, or tried to be, but if Sonya wasn't around you'd freak until you found her." Luke laughed and I smiled. It was like that for both of us, we did not like being away from each other for more than five minutes. If he got separated from me I wouldn't completely freak out, but I'd withdraw into myself until I saw Zane again. It wasn't so much that I couldn't be with out him, but I was very protective of him. Zane on the other hand would flip shit and tear the place apart until he found me. It's funny thinking back on it now.
"Well, for a while she was the only one I knew. We had just moved here and everyone was mean to me not matter how nice I was. At least with her I could try and know at least one person didn't hate me." -Zane
"That was until you met Luke and me." -Micky
"So true." -Zane
"Then she could at least use the bathroom without coming back to you crying." Luke teased.
"Yes, thank you Luke. Now everyone knows I was an extreme cry baby when I was little." Zane punch Luke in the arm and Luke laughed.
"No problem, man." -Luke
"Does that mean Sonya was also harassed?" -Jayce
"Yep. Though mine was for a different reason. Zane was shunned because he was obnoxiously smart, I was teased because I was a tomboy and protected my older brother. It wasn't as bad as Zane, but I was the one who got into a lot of fights." -Me
"How'd you meet Luke and Micky?" -Jayce
"I believe it was a project we had to do. We were working in partners and Zane and I were forced apart, much to our displeasure. I got paired with Luke."
"I got paired with Micky after my original partner's parents refused to let their kid work with me. They wouldn't let their son work with the brother of someone who beat up their son." -Zane
"Since then we all just hung out together. Micky and Luke were friends and invited us to have lunch with them. Right?"
"Yep. I think it was the second day we invited you." -Luke
"We actually talked about you two after school. We concluded we couldn't figure out why the other kids didn't like you. You two were a bit weird, but a cool weird. " -Micky
"Wow, you'd never tell that you had such a rough past. You guys seem to just pull people towards you." -Tristan
"Yeah, well it took a while for that. And we only have so many friends because of Micky and Luke." -Zane
"Well, I met Marco in first period freshman year and we've been friends ever since."- Me
"I remember that, you gave me the answers when I'd fall asleep and the teacher called on me." Marco laughed.
"You met me through Marco that same year." Sven added.
"How'd you guys join the group?" Chelsae asked Lyla, Kat, and Trina.
"I'm Luke's sister, so I've known the twins for almost as long as Luke has known them." -Lyle
"I was in Micky's class in 7th grade and we started dating in 8th grade. So it was just natural for me to join the group." -Trina
"I was friends with Lyla, thus I hung out with the group from time to time and then I started dating Marco so my time with everyone kinda just increased." -Kat
"That's cool." Chelsae smiled and Tristan and Jayce nodded in agreement.
"Let's do presents!" Trina shouted and ran to gather all the presents; she was playing Santa this year. Kat completely freaked (in a happy way) when Marco gave her the tickets to The Phantom of the Oprah, Lyla almost cried when she received her bunny with a mini FMA pocket watch that had her and Sven's anniversary engraved instead of what Ed's did, Trina loved the necklace and earring set Micky get her, and Chelsae blushed when she opened Luke's gift; it was a beautiful blue crystal necklace with a date to a fancy restaurant. The boys of coursed liked their gifts from their girlfriends and overall everyone was pleased with what they received. Around 11:30, Zane and I said our good-bye's to everyone and left for midnight mass.
♠ ♠ ♠
More of the twin's past revealed. I actually didn't plan for that to happen, but apparently it was time.