Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

We Don't Really Hate Each Other

Once we got back to our house I collapsed onto the couch. "That tired baby sister?"
"Shut it, Zane. You aren't the one who has to get up at 6 in the morning and survive a day at school and then go to a photo shoot for four hours." I grumbled into the couch pillows.
"Aw, poor baby. Should I go call the school and tell them to be nice to you?" Zane teased, using the voice one normal does with a little kid.
I growled at him when my dad walked in, "Be nice to your sister, Zane." He warned as he kissed me on the head. "Welcome back you two."
"Hi Dad." We said in unison. I sat up and stretched, then leaned on the back of the couch.
"So what have you been up to?" I asked.
"The usual. I did some gardening, cooked a mean pot roast, and did some cleaning." he limped over and sat down beside me.
"Is there some left?" Zane asked eagerly.
"Of course, it's still in the pot." Zane cheered and disappeared into the kitchen.
"Bring me some!" I called and turned to my dad. "Is mom working late tonight?"
"Yeah, she is getting ready for her trip to Berlin. Got a lot of stuff to wrap up and get in order before Sunday." I nodded. My mom travels a lot to make deals and things for the company she works for. It sucks that she leaves a lot and sometimes for a month at a time, but with out her new promotion we would still be barely making our monthly payments or living in this quaint house. "So what was today's shoot about?"
"We are doing the Halloween edition. We just did Alice in Wonderland today. I was the Mad Hatter and Zane was the Cheshire Cat. He was really creepy looking."
"And Sonya, looked like a pimped." Zane laughed as he handed me my bowl of food. I glared at him making him laugh even more. "What, it's true. You had Alice all over you and I bet the Red Queen would have been too. Oh how the world will be disappointed to find out the hott and available model Azrael Night is actually a girl and has no interest in the female sex... You don't right?"
"ZAAANE!" I groaned. "You know I like boys."
"Zane, stop being mean to Sonya."
"But it's fun!"
I pouted before a sly grin spread across my face. "Dad hold this for me please."
"Why?" My dad and Zane said in unison.
"You have til three, Zane. One... Two..." Zane quickly place his bowl on the side table and sprinted out of the room. "Three!" I bolted over the couch and chased after him. I caught up to him quickly and started laughing as he tried his hardest to stay away from me.
"Come on Sonya, you know I was just playing around."
"Shoulda thought of that before you teased me dear brother." He faked left and sprinted out the front door into the pouring rain. I quickly caught up to him and tackled him into the mud of our tiny front yard. We rolled around laughing and trying to get each other as muddy as possible. After a few minutes we flopped onto our backs and finished laughing.
Zane looked over at me and chuckled, "Your face is so attractive right now."
"Oh really?" I rolled over and smeared my makeup on his cheek.
"SOOONYA." He whined. I smiled at him then got up. I offered him my hand, which he grabbed and we headed inside.
"Oh no you don't. Take your shoes off right there and pull up your pant legs before walking through this house." We did as we were told and then looked at each other.
"I call bathroom first!" We shouted at the same time and dashed for the only bathroom in the house. Zane hip checked me out of the way and locked the door.
"Zane!" I pounded on the door and heard in laugh inside. "You Suck!"
"Sonya! Language please!"
"Sorry, Dad." I pounded the door once more and headed to my room. I stripped out of my sopping wet clothes and covered myself with a long bathrobe. I bundled my clothes in my arms and walked over to the bathroom again. "Zane, I'm grabbing your clothes. Is the door unlocked?" I heard a muffled 'Yes' and opened the door. Once I retrieved his nasty wet clothes I went to the washing machine and put on a load of laundry. I sauntered back to my room and laid down on the floor to await for my brother to be done with his shower.
"You're gunna catch a cold if you fall asleep like that." I looked up to see Zane leaning on my door frame.
"I didn't want to get my bed wet." I got up and we parted ways; he went to his room and I went to finally take a shower. The warm water felt so good on my cold muddy body. I smiled as I washed away the grime from my skin and hair. With Snake Peel I scrubbed away all of the left over makeup and got out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around me and wiped the steam from the mirror. *It's amazing how different I look without the makeup and hair stuff. Then again I don't look that different I suppose.* My onyx black hair hung in short choppy layers that barely made it to my chin and partially covered my turquoise green eyes. I brushed it and shook my head, then brushed my teeth and walked back to my room. I changed into comfy pajamas before finishing up the last bit of homework I hadn't finished yet.
Around 10 my mom got home and soon after my parents said good-night. An hour later I stretched; finally finished with all of my homework. "Going to bed now?" I turned to see Zane entering my room.
"Yep, I'm exhausted." I yawned and repacked my bag.
"I hear yeah." He flopped on my bed and watched as I got ready for bed. Once done I jumped next to him and crawled under my covers. "I'll see you tomorrow. Night, Sonya." He leaned over and kissed my forehead. He got up and headed out my door.
"Night, Zane. Sweet Dreams."
"You too." He shut the door and my light off and I quickly fell into a dream filled sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like Zane and Sonya's relationship, I have fun writing their interactions together.