Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Bad Luck Streak

No matter how many times I tried to tell my friends what was happening, I couldn't. My car died on Tuesday, I woke up late on Wednesday, and I forgot something and had to go back to my house before I school started on Thursday. I was getting extremely frustrated and stressed. I couldn't tell them after school because I was picking up more hours at The Candle or I had to model.
On Friday I arrived just before the bell was due to ring. "Alright, that's it you guys are coming over tomorrow." I was annoyed and wet; I had to walk to school because my keys were apparently locked in my truck.
"Aww, Sonya you seem to be having a tough week." Luke went to hug me, but I stopped him.
"Don't, you'll just get wet. Hug me at lunch. I'll see ya later." I turned to go, but Marco stopped me.
"Hold on, come with me, I got at least an extra shirt and tie for you. Can't do much about pants though." He smiled at me.
"Thanks, Marco. I'll see everyone else later." We ran to Marco's car and grabbed the clothes and booked it back to the atrium. "Here. I'll see yeah later, Sonya." He put a hand on my shoulder before heading to his class.
I walked to the bathroom and stripped off my wet top layers. The late bell rang as I finished buttoning my last button. *Great, teacher will have my head for being late and in the 'male' uniform.* I tied the new tie and headed back to my locker to ditch my wet things. I debated skipping my class but gave up on that idea and walked in 5 minutes late.
"You're late, Miss Bronte." My teacher scolded.
"Sorry, had to change my shirt." I mumbled as I went to my seat. The rest of the day was just as bad as walking in the rain for 20 minutes. "Luuuuke." I cried when I went to his locker.
"Yes?" He asked with a smile and leaned against his locker.
"Can you bring me hooome?"
"Sure. Having a bad day?" He hugged me and I nodded my head. When was this suck gunna end. "Poor baby. I'd love to bring you home. Want me to bring you to work too?"
"Please?"
"No problem. Does Zane need a ride?"
"Probably..."
"Probably? That doesn't sound like you and Zane's relationship."
"He just hasn't talked to me much." After saying bye to our friends we hurried to his car and went to my house.
"I'll be here."
"Alright, see ya in a minute." I got into the house and called to Zane. "Luke's here if you need a ride to work. You'll need a coat if you haven't figured that out yet." I quickly changed into my uniform and headed back out to Luke's car; Zane quietly sat in the back.
We arrived at my work 10minutes before I started and after saying farewell to Luke I headed in and got started. Things at least were okay when I was at work. I didn't drop anything, mess up orders, or almost kill myself or others in some obscure way. Finally 10pm showed up and I walked tiredly out the back where Luke was thankfully waiting. "Hey, where's Zane?"
"Home. He's acting weird, does it have anything to do with what you need to tell us?"
"Yeah, Zane's taken it hard."
"Must have if he's not even talking to you."
"Yeah. Thanks for the ride. I'll see you tomorrow." I walked into my depressing house and went to the kitchen to make a sandwich. Once finished I went to my room where I did as much homework as I could before passing out on my desk. Around 3 I woke up and was about to go crawl into bed, but I noticed a light was on outside my door. I groggily got up and opened my door to see the light was coming from the living room. I quietly padded in to find my brother on the couch with his knees up to his chest and his head laying on them. "Zane?" I whispered.
His head shot up and I could see his eyes were red. "What are you doing up?"
"I fell asleep on my desk and when I got up I saw the light." I walked around the couch and sat down facing my brother. "Talk to me Zane?"
"About what?" He was getting a little defensive.
"What's going on in your head. You've been shutting me out since Sunday."
"It's nothing." He went to get up, but I grabbed his bicep.
"No, Zane You are Not Walking Away From Me Again."
"Leave it Sonya. I don't wana talk about." He shrugged off my hand.
"Why not?" I went after him as he left the living room.
"Because!"
"Not an answer. Why!?"
"Because I don't know what to do!" He turned to face me. Tears were freely flowing from his eyes. "Mom's in a coma in another country and I can't do anything. Dad can at least go an visit her, while all I can do is wait here for the call telling me that she died!"
I crossed the distance between us and pulled him into a hug. "I know Zane. But mom's strong even in a coma she'll pull through and come home. You aren't alone Z." We stood in the hallway in a tight embrace; both of us crying for the stress, fear and hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this makes you a little happy now that Zane won't be closed into himself... or at least less quiet.
Enjoy ^_^