Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Disgusting Face of Happiness

"What's going on?" Trina asked with a hint of concern in her voice.
"Zane and Sonya's mom has been in a coma since New Years." Marco replied as Micky and Luke tried to calm me down enough to get me to the car.
"How was I suppose to know?" She pouted.
"If you were being a bitch and actually talk to us like a senior in high school, you may have known." Marco shot back. They glared at each other until Micky stepped in.
"Enough you two." He sighed.
"Whatever. Let's go." Trina muttered to her stoner friends and stormed off.
"Marco drive my car, I'll take Sonya's and we'll all meet there." Everyone, excluding me, nodded and Micky threw his keys to Marco.
"Front pocket of my book bag." I croaked out. Micky swiftly picked up my bag and found my keys, and then he slung my bag over his shoulder.
"Can you get up?" Luke whispered.
"Yeah." I said as my sobs slowly deteriorated into hiccup things. He helped me up and I leaned on him as we walked to my truck.
"We'll meet you at the house. Do you want us with you when you tell Zane?" Micky asked.
"Please." I whispered. I wasn't afraid to tell him, it was just going to be wicked emotional and two emotional teenagers alone probably isn't a good idea. Luke helped me into the passengers seat and then left for his own car. Micky hopped into the driver's seat and we waited until Luke and Marco were behind us before leaving the parking lot and heading to my house. I sat through the whole ride in disbelief and I had a hard time accepting that after a month my mom finally woke up. We made it to my house before I even registered that we were there.
"Ready?" Micky asked gently.
"Yeah." I had pulled myself together pretty well. My eyes were still pretty red, but I wasn't dripping out my nose as much and my sobs were a few hiccups here and there... not that this composure would last. Luke and Marco met up with us as I was unlocking the door. I quietly opened the door and listened for where my brother was. It was quiet so I was guessing he was in his room. "Zane!"
"Yeah?" Came from the direction of our room area.
"Can you come here a minute."
"What's up?" When he saw me and our friends he suddenly got stiff. "Sonya what's wrong?" His breathing got rigid.
"Zane, mom..." I broke into sobs again.
Zane ran to me with fear in his eyes. "What's wrong with mom?!"
"Zane," I looked into his eyes and smiled, "Mom woke up." His eyes widened and then a waterfall spilled from his eyes and he hugged me.
"You're not joking with me right?" I shook my head and he started laugh crying. "I'm so happy." For who knows how long we just hugged each other and cried with joy. It felt like the universe wasn't crushing me anymore even though somewhere inside of me I knew this was just the beginning of mom's recovery; she still wasn't out of dangerous waters yet.
"Do you want us to leave or stay with you?" Luke quietly injected.
We looked at our friends, then at each other, and finally replied, "Do you mind staying tonight?"
"No problem. I can, I don't know about these two." Luke smiled gently at us.
"I can't I have to babysit our neighbor's kids." Marco said. "Or I would."
"I should be able to." Micky replied.
"Thanks guys, for everything." I hugged each one.
"Sorry I can't." -Marco
"It's okay, no worries." I smiled.
"But if you need anything or you can't take one more minute of these guys give me a call and I'll entertain you." Marco winked and I laughed.
"Alright, I'll see you later then."
"Yeah, bye." He hugged Zane and then left to babysit.
"I just remembered, I have work in an hour." Zane replied with a facepalm.
"Damn, I do to." I groaned. "I'd call out, but Matt's at AA as a sponsor tonight."
"We'll come pick you up if you want." Micky offered.
"What are you going to do while Zane and I are working?"
Micky and Luke looked at each other and shouted, "PARTAAAH!" Well, Luke shouted and Micky grinned.
Zane and I laughed and I replied, "Fine as long as you clean it up before we get out of work."
"Awww." Luke pouted.
"What time do you get out?" -Micky
"I get out at 9." -Zane
"Technically 9:30, but after closing it'll be around 10." -Me
"Alright, we'll come pick both of you up." -Micky
"Sounds good. Thanks guys." I went to change, we all had something quick to eat, and then we headed off to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case I haven't made it clear, Zane and Sonya work basically all the time. They only really have one day off at the moment because they are the only one's working right now. When they aren't at their jobs as cook, storekeeper, or grocery man (Zane's third job), they work as models. They only model about two to three times a week.

Enjoy! ^_^