Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Math and Bowling

Luke, Zane, and I arrived at the bowling alley and ran inside to shield ourselves from the on slaughter of rain. "Damn, it's like a tsunami out there." Zane commented as we met up with our two friends.
"Didn't think you were coming." Trina laughed, "Hey, Zane. Long time no see."
"Ello, Tina. Micky." He hugged Trina and high fived Micky. "Ready to bowl!?"
Everyone shouted some form of 'yes' and we proceeded to the counter. Once we got our shoes we went to lanes 13 and 14; splitting into two teams. I was with Zane while Luke, Trina and Micky were on the other. "No fair, you got three people and I only got Zane." I complained.
Trina giggled and everyone else grinned. "Hold one my poor friend." She disappeared a moment only to return with a stranger. He was about my height with chestnut brown hair and matching brown eyes. "Found you a temporary team mate."
"What?!" My brother and I said in unison. "Where'd you get him?"
"Tristan here, is waiting for some friends and agreed to play one round with us." She smiled. "Tristan the twins are Zane and Sonya and this is my boyfriend Micky. Everyone this is Tristan." He shook everyone else's hands and when it was my turn I looked into his eyes and realized I knew him. "Alright let's play!"
Tristan set up the board as Zane and I put on our shoes. I leaned over and whispered, "Zane, That is Tristan."
"Yeah, so? That's what he said." He murmured back.
"No, I mean Tristan Sword from Toxin." I urged.
His eyes darted to Tristan and cursed. "Great... Be careful, Sonya."
He warned just as Tristan turned to us and grinned. "Whispering about me?"
"You know it." Zane winked. Tristan was startled by my brother and I laughed. "We were wondering why you decided to join in if your friends are coming."
"They're caught in traffic due to the storm and said they'd be a little bit."
"I see." I replied. "Let's go get our balls and start this shindig."
"That's what she said!" Trina yelled as she darted to the ball rack. We all chuckled and picked out our bowling balls.
"Hope you don't mind picking up the slack Tristan." He gave me a questioning look and I gazed at my brother. ""Zane sucks." And just to prove my fact, he released his ball right into the gutter. "Make it go a little farther before getting it in the gutter." I shouted over the music. Zane stuck out his tongue right before setting up to try again. Once again he got a gutter ball. I looked over at the score board. Our friends already had 8 points, may not sound like a lot but when you got Zane on your team it kills you.
"Better luck next time, Zane." Tristan said as he low-fived Zane.
"See someone likes me." Zane pouted.
I chuckled and got up to take my turn. I lined up to the left of the lane and got ready. "Isn't that a bit far?" Tristan whispered. I smirked and bowled. I put enough spin on the ball to knock down 7 of the pins. I heard cheers behind me as i got ready to release my second ball. This time I knocked down two leaving me with a score of 9. *Hell yeah* "You're up, Tristan." We high fived as we passed each other.
"Awesome job, my twin."
'Thank you." Tristan come back with 8 pins down. *Not bad, we won't loose as bad as usual.* The next three rounds went on like the first with Tristan and me trying to pick up the slack from my brother. Finally it was his turn and we were losing by quite a bit. "Wait Zane." He turned to me as I went up and whispered in his ear. "Got that?"
"I think I do." He smirked back at me and I went down to keep score.
Luke looked at me with a furrowed brow. "What'd you say to him?"
"You'll see if it works." I commented and waited as my brother lined himself up a little to the right. He took a deep breath and as he breathed out he released the ball and I leaned forward. Just as it was about to go into the gutter it spun and hit the pins knocking down 6. My brother stood there dumbstruck as I charged at him. "YOU DID IT!"
He suddenly got over the shock and got all jittery. "I DID!" He cheered and picked me up. Yes this was his first time ever hitting the pins. Our other friends came up, hugged him, and congratulated him.
I skipped backed to my seat as he got ready to bowl once more. "So what did you tell him?"
"Do the math." I smirked as Luke palmed his face.
"Damn, I never thought of that. We are screwed."
I chuckled as I hit the 8 button and got up. "Awesome job!" Zane grinned widely and sat down in the seat. I bowled and the game continued with the gap closing a little between the two teams. Ultimately the other team won, but we had fun and Zane actually hit the pins.
"You two remind me of some people I work with." Tristan commented as he was leaving to meet up with his friends.
Zane and I looked at each other and said, "Really?"
"Yeah, they are twins too. They are always encouraging each other, just like you did today. Well, I gotta go. Later, and nice meeting you."
We all said 'good-bye' as he headed to a group of guys waiting at the front counter for him. We went to set up another game when Tristan returned.
"Hey guys, these are my friends. We wanted to know if you would like to join us in bowling?"
"Have you gotten lanes yet?" They shook their heads and Trina smiled. "Stay right here." She went to the counter and talked to the manger quickly, and then returned. "He gave us 15 to use so you can join us!" We all cheered and broke into new groups.
"Hi I'm Max." Our new partner greeted as he stuck out his hand.
"I'm Zane"
"Sonya." After introductions we typed in our names and the friendly competition began. Halfway through the game Micky, Tristan's friend Gavin, and I went to the pizza place in the alley and ordered three large pizzas with four pitchers of soda. Once the pizzas were finished we headed back to our respective lanes and the game was paused so everyone could eat. We all intermingled finding out that Tristan's friends go to the local public high school and that Tristan goes to the local community college. After gorging on food we went back to the game. Trina's team came in first, followed by Tristan's friends, and then came our team. We expected this, but this time we only lost by a few points.
"It's been fun, but I gotta go to work. Trina can you take Luke home?"
"Sure, bye dearies." She smiled and hugged me and Zane. Zane and I said 'bye' to our new friends and headed out. The rain had lightened up and the thunder storm was over. I drove Zane to his work at the local bookstore and I headed to my work at The Candle; an all purpose restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I have no idea how to actually play 10 pin bowling so please bear with me. I only know how to candle pin bowl.
Comment please.