Long Live

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(6months pregnant)

Once again I was laying on an umcomfortable table with my feet rigged in plastic sturrupts. Only this time, james was sitting next to eyes were on his phone, and I was watching him write a very detailed message. We had been waiting for about 20 minutes when suddenly I smacked his head.

" Could you possibly put the bloody thing away?" he smirked and my statement and shook his head.

" Im currently tweeting that we are waiting for the doctor who should've been here about a half hour ago. Oh and that we get to see more pics of Jolita ." I rolled my eyes at him.

" James for fuck sakes already, we are not naming her Jolita...or Namie." He took a breath of defeat and stuck his tounge at me.

" Well I was pushing other words together. How about kamie? Or Jarlos or Koganna or-"

" Are you shitting me? You sound like a Rusher creating slash fan fiction on tumblr." He looked at me dumbly and shrugged. Dipshit sometimes I swear. Suddenly the door clicked open and we were greeted by my OBGYN. She once again pulled out that terrible gel, that stings my skin and poured it over my somtach. James scrunched his face in confusion as she pushed the wand around on my stomach. The screen clicked on and there was a beautiful outline of our baby girl. Me and james took a moment to just stare at her with longing. I could feel he was getting impatient and didnt want to wait 3 more months. He smiled slowly and reached out to touch the screen, his other hand gripping mine.

" whoa, shes beautiful." He said mesmorized. " We make damn cute babies." He said to me jokingly. I nodded laughing a little.

" Would like to hear her heartbeat?" Asked The doctor. James spun around and starred at her with big eyes.

" You...you can do that?" he said lowly. She laughed and nodded. She wrapped this thing around my stomach and pressed a key on the key board. Suddenly a small thumping filled the room and I watched james stare the screen blankly. Suddenly I saw a tear escape his eye, his cheeks were pinched so I knew he was smiling. He scrambled and rubbed his face in his leather jacket and shook his head.

" Thats amazing." The doctor smiled and excused herself as me and james sat alone starring down the black and white image of our daughter. She was kicking and james hand was planted firmly on my stomach. He laughed with a watery smile and squeezed my hand. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and 3 boys burst in loudly but were immediately shushed by james who was still starring at the screen intently. The boys shot me a look and I shrugged.

" Whoa. Thats awsome you can see janelle!" Kendall said pointing to the screen over james shoulder. He shot kendall a look as did I.

" Actually you can see athena," Logan said crossing his arms also leaning into the screen. Carlos snorted.

" Ha, funny last time I checked her name was Minnie like minnesota." All 4 of us looked at him and he smirked.

" Whats that noise?" Kendall said looking around.

" Its the babies heart beat." Logan corrected and gestured to the screen as kendall and carlos mouthed an oh in understanding. " But I have to admit, this is pretty awsome. She lookes like you james." Logan clapped him on the back and he nodded.

"Shes so tiny." Carlos said

" Shes normal sized," Logan once again corrected.

" What if she stays that small?" Kendall pondered. James turned to them.

" Shes perfect." He smiled.

Xx

I walked around the appartment and threw out some trash. The boys had gone back to the studio to record some new tracks and gustavo wouldn't take no for an answer. I reluctantly let them go. Katie was sitting at the counter in the kitchen on her labtop, as Mrs. Knight had to run errands. Katie and me had become relitively close these past months as she was only one who knew about james and me's secret. She was typing away as I walked passed her with a laundry basket. I glanced over her shoulder.

" who's andrew?" I asked nonchalantly as I saw her turn red.

" No one." She said quickly looking down.

" Oh come on, you can tell me." I said frowning like a 5 year old. She sighed and I knew I had one.

" Fine,"

" YAY!" I said pulling up a chair next to her.

" I met him a few days ago by the pool. I was playing battle blast and he sat next to me. And he told me I was pretty. And he liked my hair. And my smile." She said going into a slight daydream about him.

" Awww, is he in your class?" She looked down again. " Katie...How old is andrew?"

" Like 15ish" I sighed.

" Katie-"

" Please don't tell anyone! I kept your secret." She said begging.

" Yeah but katie-"

" Nolie Please. You had a brother didn't you? You know how overprotective everyone gets." She was pleading. And I guess as long as I knew it wouldn't hurt anyone.

" Fine. I won't tell." I said getting up and walking to the living room. Fox rounded the cornor and jumped on my lap as I sat down.

" Thanks nolie. Your the best ever." Katie said as she closed her labtop and sat next to me. She put her hand on my stomach and smiled as the baby kicked. " Have you thought of a name." Shit I hated that question. Everyone asked it and it was the only question I didn't have an answer too. I made a face.

"I do but your brother and his friends have taken the oppourtunity to pre name her." Katie snorted and crossed her arms.

" Your not seriously thinking about letting pretty boy and dipshit crew name her are you?" I gasped.

" Katie language. Your like 13." She shrugged. I shook my head and laughed.

" No im not letting them name her. I was thinking of annie. But-" I looked to katie who was smiling from ear to ear. " What?"

" I think thats the prettiest name ive heard for a baby." I smiled sadly.

" Yeah me too. It was my little sisters name." Katie bit her lip.

" Oh right I forgot about that." I smiled to her.

" No one else reallys knows. I only really ever told james." She nodded. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Shit who could that be? I thought. I walked up and peeked through the hole. Miranda? She looked distraught. I opened the door and let her through.

" we have a problem." She said puckering her lips at me. I looked at her confused. Suddenly I heard it. The dreadful voice that haunted me.

" So, what else did you forget to tell your mother besides that your living in LA and That your cancer free and your now pregnant. Shit send a card every once in awhile." Said a tall brunette with perfect skin and a slender perfect shaped body. Fuck, I cursed under my breath. She pulled off her sunglasses and pushed past miranda looking everywhere but me. Katie eyed her from the couch and shrunk down.

" Um, Mom what are you doing here?" I asked with clenched teeth. She smirked and starred at me. She then clapped her hands together and ran over to me. I expected a hug but she immediately bent down and pressed her hands against my stomach. She started making baby sounds and I inwardly groaned. Miranda looked at me with a shocked look and katie giggled behind the couch. " Nice to see you too mom."

" Well im sorry if im excited to see my future grandbaby." She put her hands on her hips and gave me a famous, pissed off about how your living with low class look. " Nolita, you know how I feel about sarchasm." I mummbled sorry and closed the door. She was still examining the apartment and I heard her sigh.

" What now?" I said sourly.

" Nothing its...cute." She smiled to me with sas and I rolled my eyes.

" want something to drink?" I asked as miranda walked into the living room mocking my mother to katie.

" I guess. Unless it tap water then no. Or canned soda. And I dont want anything unless its been bottled and refrigorated at a ncie tempature." I sighed.

" Well mom All I have is tap and bottled crap. You want a fiji?" She sighed and raised an eyebrow.

" I guess." I pulled out a bottle and handed it to her. James is gonna shoot me. That was his last one.

" so what brings you here?"

" I just wanted to see how you were." I put my head in my hands. Fuck here it comes.

" Mom-"

" By the looks of it, not as well as id have hoped." I groaned. " Oh nolita please-"

" No mom, You please. Ive been doing fine. I sold my appartment in Manhatten when I went into remission. IM ready for a new chapter. Im happy, and healthy and Im in love with an amazing man-" She snorted.

" Yes well, this apartment shows."

" Excuse me for it not being up to your billion dollar standards. I was just cleaning it." I said pushing the laundry I was folding into the basket.

" Nolita, you should have people doing your laundry. And Cleaning your apartment. Besides your 6 and half months pregnant, you honestly think all this excersize is doing you any good." I starred at her in disbelief. What the hell did she do when she was pregnant with me? Sit on her ass all day and get catered too? Oh wait.

" Mom, Your being obnoxicous. I like cleaning im happy im content." I said softly looking at her. She was quiet when suddenly someone through open the door. Fox jumped from the couch and 4 roudy boys walked in goofing off and I cursed under my breath once more. Not now.

" PARTY! PARTY! PARTY! KATIE! WHAT UP SHORT STUFF!" Screamed Kendall and the boys as they made there way into the hall and living room. " NOLIEEEEEE WE BRAUGHT YOU AND BABY PIZZA!" my mother had an expressionless look on her face as all four boys miranda and katie entered the kitched. They all stopped and starred at my mother who eyed them unamused.

" Guys this is my mom. Mom this is Kendall, logan, carlos and My boyfriend james." They all looked awkward but shook her hand. She looked slightly disgusted. She walked up to james who froze and smiled a little. She examined his face and body from head to toe.

" Not bad. At least he looks. Rich." She said with a tone of somewhat comfort. I sighed.

" Mom ."

" I hope the baby has his eyes." She said winking as he stepped back a little.

" Uhm, Ms. Carlton would you like a slice of pizza? Its california pizza kitchen." James said whole heartedly holding it up. She sighed and put on her sunglasses.

" Ill pass thank you. I will talk to you later Nolita. Boys." She said walking around them as if they were diseased. They all watched her out the door. I suddenly grabbed the plate next to me that had crumbs on it and smashed it on the counter causes pieces to fly everywhere. Everyones eyes suddenly were on me but I was to fuming to notice.

" Babe! Those plates cost like 20 bucks each!" James said moaning.

" Ugh, that selfish women. I can't stand her. And her big effin mouth." I said ignoring him and grabbing the paper plates and cups from the cuboard.

" Nolie its fine we've been called worse-"Kendall said putting the pizza down.

" yeah at least she didn't call us dogs-" Carlos added.

" Or hooligans." Logan finished.

" You don't get it, shes evil. She always interegates anyone I date and scares them away." I said continuing on.

" Noles. Its fine. Im still here. See? She didn't scare me away. Trust me my moms worse." I starred at james who tossed out the remains of the plate I attacked before. He grabbed my shoulders.

" Your mom was nothing compared to the world war 3 your about to face with that upstuck pampered gold digging-" Katie cleared her throat in acknowledgement that she was still in the room. I sighed.

" You hungry?" James said pulling off a slice. I starred at it. Oh god not now. I made a face and ran into the bathroom. Everyone watched me go as my stomach decided to reject everything that was in it. I groaned.

" Whats wrong?" I heard kendall asked with a mouth full of pizza.

" morning sickness." Logan answered.

" But its like 6pm." Carlos said in question.

" It can be any time of the day. It depends if the baby likes the smell or not." Logan added.

" Really?" kendall asked.

" What kind of baby doesn't like pizza?" Carlos said loudly. I laughed and got up washing out my mouth with listarine. Ugh. I walked back inside and sat at the table with everyone. Miranda rubbed my back as I turned my head away from the smell. She handed me a ginger ale. I looked at my stomach.

" You know how much I hate you right now right?" I Said pissly to the baby. James gasped and coverd the sides of my stomach with his hands. " Oh please." I rolled my eyes.

" Excuse me but thats my daughter your yelling at." I narrowed my eyes.

" Excuse me but that was your girlfriend hunched over a toilet suddenly hating her favorite food and upchucking everything but her organs. I blame her."

" Don't be so bitchy Noles." He said defensivly. He rubbed my tummy. " Mommy doesn't mean it. Shes just pissy cause she can't eat anything without puking it up every 5 seconds." I smacked the back of his head and the boys and katie laughed. " Hey what the hell babe!"

" Asshole. One more smart remark and your on the couch again." I said smirking and getting up to get something else to eat.

Xxxx

I sat contently on the couch watching the news, the movie had ended bout a half hour ago and I was bored as hell. But unfortunatly I was unable to go to bed as james had taken up residance on my stomach. On top of him was a snoring carlos with logan sprawled out with one leg on kendall and the other on carlos's lap. Miranda was silently huddling into kendalls neck. I examined the scene before me and I couldn't help but smile. All of the people she loved piled ontop of each other for a cuddle fest. I then remembered I had james iphone and slowly slipped it out of my pocket. I Snapped a quick pic and sent it via twitter " Snugglefest in my appartment with the best". I sighed as james stirred and griped me tighter. He sleepily looked at me as I popped a piece of popcorn in my mouth.

" n-noles..why you not in bed?" He mummbled half asleep. I nodded in direction of the cuddle train. He turned and sighed then looked at me. " Sorry." He whispered. I shrugged smiling.

" Its cute." I said softly pushing the hair out of his face. He smiled tierdly.

" Should I wake them?" I starred up at them and shook my head.

" Its too adorable." he snorted and cuddled back into my stomach. I hear him humming under his breath and smiled to myself. "remind me to make you sing her to sleep." He looked up.

" Yeah well, you'll quite a few choices of voices." He gestured to the boys. Suddenly I felt a pain in my side and I gasped. James immediately sat up. " Are you okay?" I nodded rubbing my lower back.

" Yeah babe, just lower back is killing me." He frowned.

" Im sorry." I looked at him and then he started to rub my back softly. I cuddled up into the arm rest and he gently laid his head back down on my stomach, still massaging the part that hurt.