Long Live

Chapter 6

Chapter 6-

Start P.O.V

I woke up to my bones aching and my eyelids heavy. I turned over away from the glaring sun as my mind came into focus of last nights events. The crying the holding the shaking the falling asleep in each others arms. He now knew my list. He knew my reasons. He knew everything. And yet, he was still here. He was still going to lie next to me everynight and wake up with me every morning. I reached next to me to feel the bed empty and covered in red rose petals. I sat up quickly and glanced around my bedroom. On james pillow was a note reading: Open your closet :)

I walked over to my closet to find a big white box labeled bloomingdales. I tore it open and found a long black silk gown. I held it up and smiled. It was beautiful. It was my exact size and fit my every curve and it cut off at my left thigh. I looked in the mirror and pulled it close to me. Suddenly a note fell out to the floor. I picked it up it read: Lobby be there 5pm dont be late. I smiled and bit my lip.

Xxx

Five pm rolled around and I was slowly applying my crimson thick lipstick from mac. I starred at my reflection and smiled. I ran to the elvator in my black metalic pumps . My hair was pulled to the side in a loose bun and it looked great. He wouldn't tell me where but I figured id let him surprise me.

I got to the lobby and slowly made my way toward where james stood fixing his hair in the mirror. He turned to me and his face went pale. He smiled widely and walked to me.

" Y-You look amazing. Wow, you look fantastic." he said tripping over his words as I giggled.

" Thank you hansom." I said leaning in and kissing him. He bit his lip and flipped his hair. Shit I love when he does that. I let him take my hand and lead me to a large limo where I spotted 3 other boys and there dates. The boys faces dropped.

" Wow. You look great." I nodded in thanks as james squeezed my hand.

After about 20 minutes I peeked out the window to see we were in front of the plaza and looked at james in confusion as lights and flashes went off outside the window. I opened my mouth but Kendall smiled and claped his hands together.

" Benifet party here we come!" He said jumping over me and james and popping open the doors. The rest followed him out and james and me sat in the car.

" I know this looks intimdating and your probably wondering why were here however. I promised to finsih that list of yours. And that is what we are going to do." He said into my ear. I bit my lip and he pulled me out. " Stay close , look around and keep that beautiful smile on your face for the cameras."

Once inside the main ballroom was lit up with hanging candle lanterns and huge glass chandellier hovering over the middle of the dance floor. We looked a bit late but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. James excused himself to where Gustavo and Kelly sat as I walked around aimlessly exploring the food tables and such. My eyes landed on a huge banner that hung over the stage.

' Find a way : A Childrens Cancer Charity' My eyes stung with salty tears but I bit my lip before they fell. Someone came up behind me and I was surprised to see kendall standing there smiling, arms crossed.

" when gustavo asked us what we wanted to benifet, James didn't hesitate to say The childrens cancer research center." I smiled up at the stage and back to kendall. " I don't know what you did, but i've never seen james so...in love or interested in someone like this before. Hes usally done with 2 girls by now and moving on, but you...your different. You bring out the james we knew in Minnisota." He said pulling me onto the dance floor and we softly rocked back and forth to the soft contemporary music being played by the band.

" Is that a good thing?" I smirked up at him. He laughed a little and shook his hair from his eyes.

" Thats an amazing thing. You fixed him." My eyes landed on james laughing hysterically behind kendall over carlos smashing empty cans with his helmet, while kelly and gustavo attempted them to stop. I smiled.

" I didn't think he needed to be fixed." Kendall looked down.

" You didn't just fix him, you braught him back to life." I sighed. That did it I think. That ripped a new tear in my already aching heart. The song ended and James ran up to me pulling me into his arms. Damn him and those muscular arms I feel so safe in . He placed his hands securally around my waist and wrapped mine around his neck, pressing our foreheads together.

" Number 5." He whispered in my ear and motioned for the band to play. Suddenly the band started to play ' Look after you ' by the fray. He had to do that. He took my hand in his and slowly we began to dance around. It kind of felt like a fairytale, like the final dance. But I didn't need to think about that. Not yet anyways. " I got called in this morning and Gustavo announced that we needed to choose a Charity for the benifet tonight, and we had a list. My eyes came across the cancer one and I don't know but I immediatley said this one. I got interegated by kendall carlos and logan after our meeting and they didn't want you to know that they know." I nodded biting my lip once more a nervous habit developed when I met james. He laughed and tossed his hair from his eyes and we still twirled around.

" I love you so much." I said softly. He looked into my eyes and kissed me softly.

"I love you more." He said pulling me closer. The song ended and the boys made there way to the stage.

" We're supposed to give a speech to all of you lovely people tonight however, we are not public speakers and it would end terribly. So we chose just one of us to speak." Logan said as I took my seat at the table. " James, would you be so kind." The other boys sat down next to there dates at my table as i played with a napkin.

" In all honestly I volunteered to speak. Because not until recently, I was affected indirectly with this terrible issue. And although the person I know and love who has it, is not a child, she lost someone as well. Her sister. She was 16 and her sister was 12. Her sisters name was annie. And although I didn't know her, if she was anything like my friend, she was going to be amazing when she got older. But unfortunatly she was diagnosed with lukemia. One of the most common cancers." His eyes burned me the entire time. My annie. My little sister, who I told him about once, and he remembered the entire story. Those tears were coming back now and were more then threating to spill over onto my cheeks. His eyes were turning clear. He was loosing it. I can tell. He cleared his throat and continued. " This girl. This beautiful wonderful women, who ive come to known over these few weeks, has 6 weeks left in her beautiful life. And its not fair." He rubbed his eyes.

" So the day she found out she created a list. A list of 10 things to do before she dies. And I've been helping her fullfill that list. Because everyone deserves last wishes. And I had the power to make them come true. So today I made two come true. Number 5, was to share dance with someone special. The other is to make her part of something huge, and to make a difference. So in her name i've donated 50,000 dollars to this beautiful charity . So one day , if god shines down and gives us both a miricle and she lives her life normally, past 6 weeks, she can watch that money go to children all over this country be able to live just like her. And get married and have babies of there own. She has a tattoo across her right rib cage. It says 'Now, God be praised, that to believing souls gives light in darkness, comfort in despair.'. And something no one really knows about her, She can recite 11 different shakespeare sonnets and almost all of romeo and juliet. She can sing, but doesn't want to in front of anyone because she thinks she ' blows'. She has a smile that can light up a room and a frown that can make a murderer feel guilt and the worst part of it all is...I love her and I might never see her again." He was shaking. Tears weren't an issue anymore as he coughed and smiled a bit. He starred at me again. I bit down on my nails. " This song is for you. Because although god forbid your gone, I will never stop loving you. I will never leave you. I will never let go of you." The boys stood up behind me and walked over to james who composed himself. They each stood behind there mics, I could hear there friends from all around the room cheering them on.

"I sit and wait

Does an angel contemplate my fate?

And do they know the places where we go

When we're gray and old?

'Cause I've been told

That salvation lets their wings unfold

So when I'm lying in my bed

Thoughts running through my head

And I feel that love is dead

I'm loving angels instead"

I covered my hands with my face attempting to subside my quite looked over to me once more singing to me from the high point of the stage. Suddenly couples started to dance around the floor.

"And through it all she offers me protection

A lot of love and affection, whether I'm right or wrong

And down the waterfall wherever it may take me

I know that life won't break me

When I come to call she won't forsake me

I'm loving angels instead

When I'm feeling weak

And my pain walks down a one way street

I look above

And I know I'll always be blessed with love, oh

And as the feeling grows

She breathes flesh to my bones

And I feel that love is dead

I'm loving angels instead"

James put his mic on the stand and jumped down. He grabbed my hand and pulled me under the lights. He kissed me passionatly. He wasn't going to leave. He was going to stay here. He was going to help me breathe.

"And through it all she offers me protection

A lot of love and affection, whether I'm right or wrong

And down the waterfall wherever it may take me

I know that life won't break me

When I come to call she won't forsake me

I'm loving angels instead

Through it all she offers me protection

A lot of love and affection whether I'm right or wrong

And down the waterfall wherever it may take me

I know that life won't break me

When I come to call she won't forsake me

I'm loving angels instead, oh

I'm loving angels instead"

When the song finished me and james stayed intertwined on the dance floor, still rocking back and forth. We refused to let go , even though kendall, logan and carlos asked us to go the after party. We didn't move when people said there goodbyes to us and left in the limo to hang in times square or at the hotel with the huge pool and jacuzzi.

" I need you to meet someone." He whispered in my ear, when we finally pulled apart. He dragged me to an almost empty table where a semi familiar women sat with 3 other beautiful women. He poked her and she stood up smiling like crazy hugging james. And it finally clicked. " Mom, Mrs. Knight, Mrs. Garcia , Mrs. Mitchell. This is Nolita. My Girlfriend."

" Its nice to meet you all." I said softly. James mom face twister starred me from head to toe and she smiled widly once more.

" You too gorgeous come here." She said hugging me roughly. James face fell thinking she had attacked me but quickly relaxed when he realized his high maintenance mom approved.

" James that speech you made... It broke my heart." Said Mrs. Knight ( I think) said from the cornor sipping from her glass and holding her chest. He nodded .

" Thank you . It was supposed to, we raised over 900,000 dollars. So it was worth it." Her eyes landed on me in understanding. She got it.

" Who was it about sweetie?" His mom asked softly holding his cheek. He glanced at me breifly. " Just my friend. You don't know her." For some reason the three moms believed him and hugged him once more as I caught Mrs. Knights eye. " So where are you two off too now?" She asked letting go of him. He looked at me.

" Probably home. Just going to be quiet night." He said wrapping an arm around my waist.

" A quiet night ? For my party crasher of a son? Really?" She turned to me. " I like you already, If you can get this one away from parties." I laughed and smiled.

" Im way more important." She hugged me goodbye and me and james exited to the escalade waiting for us. He pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket.

" 5 and 8 are done." He said shoving it back in pocket. I smiled and kissed him. Suddenly I felt his phone buzz from his chest.

" Who is it?" I asked curiously. His face fell.

" possibly every friend I had there tonight." He laughed slightly and turned it off. " They wanna know who I was talking about." I mouthed and oh and took his iphone.

" What are you doing?" I shushed him. I pulled up his twitter.

" Do they follow your twitter?" He scrunched his face in confusion.

" Yeah but-" I hit enter and the message was broadcasted. I tossed his phone back And he read the message aloud.

" Hey guys, Her name is Nolita, and she is the love of my life. We met because of my bad dancing, and we're in love because of her list. She has 2 weeks to go. And because of me I was able to make her understand true love and what its like to be in love with someone who truly cares. Please pray for her 3 Written by Nolie" A tear escaped his eyes and he pulled out the list once more. " True love?" I nodded and he crossed something off. " 10. Done." He pulled me ontop fo him as he closed the divder in the car. He kissed me passionatly till the car came to a stop. He lifted me up and we ran to the elevator.

We got to my appartment and were unable to open the lock , due to us being busy attacking each other. He kicked open the door then slammed it shut. We tripped onto the floor in the living room with a thud as he tore off his tux. He pulled me on his lap as my legs wrapped around his waist. He attempted to undo my dress and ended up tearing it form the back. I laughed as we once againg fell onto each other Letting our body heat be the only thing hott in the room.

AN: IM SORRY IM MAKING YOU GUYS PUDDLES OF EMOTIONS WITH THESE LAST COUPLE OF CHAPTERS. BUT THATS OKAY. Cuteness will reappear in Chapter 7 I PROMISE. And it will get hetic and such 3 EnjOy and pleasssseee review :3 they make smiles :3