Status: New chapter every week!

Mint Chocolate

10

The rest of the night occurred in a blur. It was almost robotic.
I was still in a little shock about the dancing and how Kathy had told me that by next week I should be doing that otherwise my job would be at risk. I was in need of money and was dreading next week, so I needed to do this for Maia. Only for her.
At least I had a weeks preparation...better than nothing.
Hopefully, Leah didn't mind showing me the ropes.
The bar had slowly emptied as closing time neared and my mind had drifted to, no surprise, Ronnie.
Thoughts of him had only started to fill my head once I'd seen him.
After that small incident, I was distracted. I was dropping things and dazed off.
He defended me, what a gent. I didn't like him, it's just that feeling when you're reunited with someone you haven't seen or heard of in a while, like a fuzzy feeling knowing they're okay.
I had gone way past the stage of the crazy, hurt, psychotic ex and was now at the civil stage.
And it seemed that something way WAY deep was contemplating any feelings for him.
Maybe it was because I missed the way he act before he started getting into this rock and roll business.
I sure did miss that Ronnie.

*
I could almost feel the alcohol running through my veins, sucking the life out of me. I groaned as intoxication took place inside my body causing major exhaustion. I was so tired all I wanted was to lie down and sleep till next Thursday. I groaned as I felt a yawn coming and opened my mouth so wide letting the yawn escape that an involuntary tear rolled out of my eye and down my pasty cheek. I swallowed at the bitter bile working its why up my cotton dry mouth. I slumped back down, my body threatening to shut down.
My head lolled back hitting Leah's wine coloured walls but shifted uncomfortably to lie on my right shoulder. I licked at my lips slowly as my eyes lazily scanned the room.
The laughter, the conversations and the music slowly slipped away from my hearing as if I was getting further and further away from the room. But he caught my eye.
Standing with his back to me, dark denim covered legs along with black suede boots, his studded Motley Crew jacket tight across his back.
His face was turned in my direction, his dark hair hair framing his face. His jet black eyeliner only added to his dark look yet his eyes were full of pity and concern.
I heaved. What the heck was running through my head when I decided to consume this much alcohol?
'Woah, woah, woah!' Exclaimed Leah, obviously shocked at my current state. 'I lose you for an hour an hour and you turned into and alcoholic hobo slumped down in some lonely corridor.'
As carefully as she could, she lift me up. I also attempted to make an effort, straining my muscles, commanding them. I let out a small cough as Leah swung my arm over her shoulder and placed her arm over my shoulders, supporting me. That's what best friends are for, right?
I took one last glance at the guy who stood watching me to find him still looking. I didn't have enough energy to keep my head turned so I faced forward and let my head drop down.
My senses weren't fully functioning at this point. The throbbing sensation in my brain was a signal of dehydration and the pumping seemed to affect my hearing. I heard little clips of conversation, at one point I heard Leah cursing at people urging them to move out the way. I heard a conversation between a group of women about breast implants, men talking about how many beers they could drink before passing out and various other topics as I past groups of people.
I then felt myself being lifted and my butt landing on something rather hard beneath me. My hands lay on a flat surface, lazily supporting me and my feet were dangling meaning they were away from the ground.
'Someone get me a glass of water.' A familiar voice, a guy's voice spoke. ic ould just about make out what he said. It had confused me a ton because the last person that spoke to me was Leah, I briefly remembered her lifting me up.
I felt my hair being pushed back and tucked behind my ear and a finger placed beneath my chin lifting my face. Instead of looking into Leah's bluey-green eyes, I looked into a pair of comforting chocolate brown ones before my eyelids fluttered ready to settle down into a deep sleep.
'Honey, look at me.' I tried raising my head but I was just too tired.
Until an ice cold blast hit my face unexpectedly, the water running down my face and neck, small streams running deep into the neckline of my dress.
I gasped, an instant awakened and refreshed feeling taking over me.
I blinked off the droplets of water clinging to my lashes.
'Hello.' I half gasped, half whispered.
'Hey, there.' He said, his voice just as soft but audible enough for my ears.
I chuckled lightly as my fast breathing began to slow down, my stomach churned.
I moaned and let me head fall into this complete stranger who was in a little shock at first, I could tell by his tensing body. But I didn't care. He then relaxed and placed an arm around me, the other hand raised, stroking my hair.
'Is she okay?' Asked Leah, I couldn't see but I recognized her voice.
'Yeah, she's fine. She'll be fine.'
Despite not being able to see her face, I could imagine her face scrunched in worry and her hand lifting to her mouth, picking at her lip.
'Leah, would you be able to make the strongest coffee you can and a ?'
'Sure, all I have to do is put in a shitload of coffee...right?'
He didn't reply. I chuckled at Leah's hilarious question.
'What's the coffee for?' I asked, lifting my head slightly to look at his sympathetic face an angles jaw.
'It's for you.'
I felt my face drop. Slurring, I said, 'I don't even like coffee.' I attempted to pout using as little energy as possible.
He laughed, I felt his chest vibrate with laughter making me laugh myself.
'Hi, I'm Ronnie.'
'Spirit.' I said smiling ever so softly.

*
'Spirit, do you want to stay here all night?'
I hastily took the mop and bucket back to the cupboard at the sound of Kathy's voice.
I smiled at her grabbing my bag and saying goodbye to everyone and then heading back home. I swung my bag over my shoulder.
I pushed the door open, the air not too cold but cooler than earlier. The loose strands of her hanging around my face waved softly in the wind. I crossed my arms over my chest and made an exit out the alleyway, where that little incident had occurred earlier.
I hadn't seen Ronnie since earlier when we'd been outside. In fact, I was a little disappointed that I didn't see more of him.
I took a left and walked down the street. The only sounds heard were the sound of my feet, one after the other scraping softly against the pavement and a distant police siren.
I was half expected to be jumped by someone due to the scare I'd had earlier but continued my journey.
I began to pick up the pace as I felt the goose bumps raising on my arms.
The journey from the bar to my house was about 10-15 minutes depending on how fast I walked.
And I had a feeling today was going to take longer than usual as I felt completely drained, I suppose lazing out in the sun earlier had done this to.
I shoved my hand hand deep into my bag searching for my phone which seemed to have swallowed itself up in this huge bag. The bigger the bag, the more things I seemed to put in it.
I cursed in my head as I continued rummaging through my bag not paying attention to any surroundings. I was so focused on finding my found that when I found it, I pulled it out. My toe caught on the slightly elevated pavement slab and I tripped almost losing my balance and throwing myself to the floor.
As if my heart was any slower, a heard the honk of an SUV which startled me so much that a squeal escaped before I had realized it. I brought my hand up to my mouth, clasping my clammy palm against my lip. My eyes were wide in surprise as I turned my head, closing my eyes slightly at the bright headlights. I stood still. The car strolled further a little allowing me to see who was driving.
'Oh, my god!' I lay my hand flat against my chest. 'You scared the absolute SHIT out of me!' I exclaimed allowing myself to swear out loud, something I don't normally do.
I heard the whirring as the window came down.
'Oops, sorry.' Ronnie half shouted back over the rumble of the engine of the unmoving car.
'You going home?' He asked me as I began to walk down the street, his car rolling alongside.
'Nope.' I said with a 'pop' at the end. 'I,' I pointed to myself, 'Am going grocery shopping and then getting started on dinner.' I shrugged, obviously joking around.
'I'll take you grocery shopping if you invite me round for dinner.' He asked, playful hope in his voice and his face curved in the goofy grin I had fallen for years ago.
'Tempting...but no. Sorry.' I sent him an apologetic smile. He made a sad face which made me giggle.
'Fine,' He waved me off, 'Let me at least give you a ride home. I'll come grocery shopping some other time in the earlier hours of the morning.' He held his hand up as if it were a sign showing what he had to offer.
'Nooo, it's alright.' I shook my head. 'I don't live too far. Thanks, anyways.' I smiled politely before continuing my route home knowing that Ronnie was persistent and that I'd give in eventually.
'Spirit, come on. You know I won't let you walk home alone bearing your legs and whatever else at this time.' He faced away from, sort of embarrassed at what he had just said.
A blush crept up my cheeks, I snaked my arm to the baby hairs at the nape of my neck and circled the soft hair round my fingers. A nervous laugh escaped my lips.
I heard a click letting me know he released his seat belt. He grunted as he leaned forward opening the door, I watched as it swung open and Ronnie's inviting face sending memories rush.
I smiled, my shoulders dropping as I paced quickly and lightly to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
(A/N - This chapter is sort of a filler. Sorry if it's terrible, I haven't really been into writing but I've tried my by best, work has been going into overloadand I'm quickly running out of ideas. I'm also starting my first year of college and have no equip and no clothes that suit the dress code whatsoever! It's so stressful. QUICK THOUGHT - If you have any ideas and would like to contribute, please do message me and I will most certainly credit you and help promote anything you have written. Urm, I was wondering if you guys would be able to give me feedback for the last few chapters so I know what needs improving! Also if you want me to check out your story, give me a shout or a poke and I'll read it along with feedback! :)
Jessxox)