Sequel: Smoke and Fire
Status: Complete! ^.^ READ THE SEQUEL :D

Back to the Start

13 - Garrett POV

That was interesting, I mused as I drove to Pat's house. She's different. The same, but different. Still Rachael. But slightly more reserved. Or maybe that's just...because of the history. Maybe Falyn and Rachael should meet. They'd be great friends. 

Pulling into Pat's driveway, I see that I'm the first one to arrive besides for Tim. Mrs. Kirch answers the door, and gives me a hug. "Garrett! Look at you. You look well. Come in. The boys are in the basement, but you know that. We've missed you!" She pulls me into a hug. "Cookies and brownies will be done in a few minutes. I know they're your favorite.", she says winking at me. "Move along. I'll bring them down to you boys when they cool down. God knows you need more fat on those skinny bodies of yours. All of you should eat better during the tour. It would ease the mind of us mothers."

"We do eat well," I assure her. "It's just fast metabolisms. I missed you too."

"Just my baked goods I'm sure. Go. Pat will be wondering why you haven't come down yet. I know he heard the doorbell."

Laughing, I head downstairs. Tim and Pat are sitting on the couch, with Pat's drum set already set up. I take my bass and quickly set it up. Upstairs, I hear someone else arriving. And more people. I guess we're all here now. Wait. Not John. Where is he?

When everyone finishes setting up, Tim starts talking. "Where's John? There's no time to wait for him. Someone tell him everything later. So, I have a few gigs lines up for you guys around here, Phoenix is the furthest you'll have to go for a few months. But late August, you'll have another two month US tour. We'll announce the release of your new EP. Then Europe for a month. We might line up an Asian tour after that. But nothing is set for that yet. How does that sound? We didn't decide who's going with you yet, but you may co-headline with another band. Either with Mayday Parade or A Rocket to the Moon. I know you're excited now if you weren't already."

I can hear the other guys around me cheering. Europe is always fantastic. And if we are touring with ARTTM, it'll be fantastic. We all practically grew up together. But...abroad again? It hasn't even been half a year since we last went. Falyn...

I clear my mind as we begin practice. John arrived riht after Tim left. Running in, he seems out of breath. "Sorry guys. What did I miss? Something...last minute came up." 

"Don't worry. The only really important thing you missed was Pat's mom's cookies and brownies.", smirks Jared, patting his stomach. Following his lead, we all smile and nod. John just rolls his eyes at us. 

After telling him what Tim told us, we worked on a few demos that will probably be released on our EP. Good Love and Ice Cave for sure. It's been a concert favorite for the past year, we just didn't have enough room on Pioneer. John, Jared, and Kennedy talked about recording acoustic versions to be released as well. Pat and I just sat there, with him occasionally putting in his opinion. Tim left after the announcement, saying that there was a lot to do at Eighty-One Twenty-Three Management. I think about the tour announcement. Falyn would be happy for us, but it also meant too many months of not seeing each other. 

Deciding to text her, I pull at my phone. She's either at her apartment, or with some friends right now. "We're going on tour again. Maybe a co-headline. US. Europe. Maybe Asia. We don't know yet. I can't believe this. I'm going to miss you so much..."
♠ ♠ ♠
So why do you think John was late? Hmmm? :D