Status: work in progresss..............

It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing...

Timmy's a naughty boy

“PIZZA!” Tristian cried, scrambling over me, Josh, Gretch, and Freddy to fall over the arm of the couch and scramble for the door. I looked at Josh.

“Why didn’t he just stand up? He’s at the end, it would have been easier.”

“Don’t question Tristian. Things get ugly when you question Tristian.” Josh stretched, then gasped. “We have Karaoke on the wii! Why don’t we get it out!?” I shook my head vigourisly, but all the guys where in agreement. Soon enough the system was set up and Tristian was hiding behind the couch eating his pizza. I looked over the back of the couch, and he made a shushing motion. I looked around, saw no one was paying attention to me, and hopped down next to him with my plate.

“Why are we down here?” I stage whispered.

“They’ll make me sing!” he whispered back, stuffing his face. I rolled my eyes, and then a shadow fell on me.

“Found them! Josh says you two are doing a duet. Get out here!” I groaned as Frank laughed. Tristian shook his head now, shoving his face again. Frank grabbed his hair, dragging him out, then reached for me. I jumped back, a sound escaping, and Josh was there, shoving Frank back.

“Watch it man!” he growled, then turned to me, rolling his eyes. “Get out here and sing, Gracie.” I relaxed slightly, but didn’t move. “What song?” he glanced at the t.v. “Looks like Tristian picked We’ll be a dream by We The Kings and Demi Lavato.” I reached out and took his hand, and he yanked me over the couch, making me gasp. He pushed me to the mic stand gently, and Tristian shot me a pouty look.

“I don’t wanna do this.” He muttered at me.

“Neither do I. So we’re miserable together. “ he rolled his eyes at me and shook his head as the song came on. I’d never heard it before, but the rhythm and words where easy enough to predict.

“….When the lights go out,
we’ll be safe and sound,
we’ll take control of the world
like it’s all we have
to hold onto,
and we’ll be,
a dream…” I made my part go up a few more octaves then his, then fade back down. It blended well enough, but I think it also made it a little rough, so I didn’t let it last long. a few more lines, and we where done. I looked over at Tristian, and he was staring at me. I glanced around, and realized everyone else was too.

“What?” Freddy looked at josh, then at me.
“How are you two related? Jesus came down and touched your vocal cords. I’m pretty sure your brother ripped his out and dragged them over glass before putting them back in.” the room erupted into laughter, and I backed away from the mic. Tristian touched my arm as I went to go get a drink.

“Hey, he was right. You have the voice of an angel.” I smiled slightly, glancing up at him. And when I say up, I mean up. He was probably 6’3, but I barely cleared 5’4.

“You’re not so bad yourself, you know.” He laughed, rolling his eyes and letting my arm go. I went to the kitchen to find Timmy sneaking in through the window over the sink.

“TIMMY!” I exclaimed. He yelped and fell in the sink, which was filled with water- supposedly Josh was doing the dishes before he got distracted by something- and he got soaked.

“Gracie! Don’t do that!” he rubbed his butt as he climbed out of the sink.

“What where you doing?” I exclaimed. He blushed a deep red, and I giggled. “Ohhhh, did little Timmy sneak out to see a giiiiirl?” I sang. He slapped a hand over my mouth, then dragged me up the stairs to his room. He shoved me on his bed and scrambled into his closet.

“You can’t say anything to mom, or Josh!” he hissed.

“So I can Tell James?” his head came out as he was tugging on a gray tee shirt. “Mom told you about James?”

“In passing, yes.”

“Well you can’t tell him either. “ I leaned back on his bed. “So who is she?” he came out in joggers and the gray tee. He sat in his computer chair backwards.

“Her name is Rosa. She lives in the house next door.”

“Why is this a problem?”

“Mom says I can’t date until I’m 17.” I snorted.

“I was 14 when I went out on my first date.” I frowned. “Of course, you saw how well that turned out.” He shot me a surprised look. “You mean you where out on a … date when it happened?”

“Walking home from one, yes. I told them I had a ride and waited for them and their mom to leave. He was only 15, and I had snuck out to go to the restaurant. “ he shook his head. “Who was it?”

“Jimmie Baker.”

“Jimmie Baker!? Holy crap!” he shot to his desk and shoved a picture at me. It was a picture of Him, a few other kids around his age, and two that where older and had black hair and a million peircings.

“The one on the left is Jimmie! He went haywire after you got kidnapped. He dropped out of high school, or so I was told. I go up to Colorado every year during break and stay with Johnny.” I shook my head, grinning. “I knew he would end up like that. He was fun though.” Timmy took the picture and sat it back on his desk. He sat next to me carefully, taking my hand and lacing his fingers through mine.

“Gracie?” he asked in a small voice. I tugged him closer so he was leaning on me. “What, Timmy?”

“What… what did Gretchin do to you?” I sucked in a sharp breath, and his grip tightened on my hand.

“He did a lot of things.” I said slowly. He sighed into my shoulder. “You know what I mean.” I rubbed my forehead with my free hand. “Timmy, I don’t think-“

“Just tell me, please. I always wondered about you while you where gone, and promised myself if you came back I’d ask.” I gave his head a long look, since I couldn’t see his eyes, then sighed, closing my eyes. “What do you want to know?” He let my hand go and wrapped both arms around my waist. It took me a second to relax in his hold.

“Did he hit you?”

“Yes.”

“Did he break any of your bones?”

“A few times.”

“How many?”

“13.” His head snapped up. “what!?” I grimaced. “Both my arms. My left leg twice in the same place, and my left femur. My right pelvic bone, two of my vertebrae, and five ribs.” He set his head back on my shoulder, and I let a sigh escape. I’d also dislocated my shoulders so many times I’d lost count, and both my hips three times.

“Did he rape you?” he asked bluntly, shocking me. I began fiddling with his hair. “I don’t… you shouldn’t…” I sighed, shaking my head slightly. “Yes.” I said so softly I barely heard it. He tightened his hold on me painfully.

“Gracie, oh, God, I’m so-“
“Don’t. Please, Timmy. It’s done. Please.” He nodded, rubbing his cheek on my shoulder. I realized he was crying. I gasped.

“Oh, Timmy, please don’t cry for me.” I murmured, Wrapping my arms around him and rocking us gently. He cried a few more minutes, then pulled back. I wiped at his cheeks and he shook his head. “No, this isn’t how it works. Shouldn’t you be the one bawling your eyes out?” we both laughed slightly, and I hugged him tightly. “Timmy, I got over it along time ago. I learned that tears didn’t change the situation, just cleared the mind enough to let us see what we could do with it. I saw what I could do with this kind of situation a long time ago, when I was first taken. You haven’t. it’s alright.” He hugged me as well, and we sat like that until a knock came on the door.

“Yeah?” Timmy called, pulling away and rubbing at his eyes. Josh, Tristian, and Freddy came in. I smiled when I saw the jacket Freddy had on. “That’s freaking awesome. Freddie Kruger?” he looked down at his jacket, surprised, then grinned at me. “You are my new best friend. No one else got it!” I gasped, Glaring at Josh. “Shame on you!” he shook his head. “ I have no idea what you’re talking about. “ I pointed out the door. “Redbox. Now. There is one around here, right? Rent nightmare on elm street. The new one is out. Gretchin owned it. Shoo. Go.” I made a shooing motion with my hand, and Timmy sprang up. “I’ll go. I need to tell him what we talked about, ok?” I nodded, and Josh gave us a confused look.

“ok then. Trisitan? Freddy? I’m trusting you two to watch her. I don’t trust the other guys so much. Get out a guitar for her or something.” I scowled at him, and his eyes widened. “For the record, I don’t have to be ‘watched’. I was locked in a basement for five years by a pedophile gone schizophrenic. I think I know how to be cautious.” He held up his hands innocently. “Sorry, damn. I didn’t think you’d go off on me.” I groaned, rubbing my forehead. “I’m sorry. It’s been a long week. Not even week! Long four days.” Timmy touched my back, and I flinched away.

“Calm down. There’s ice cream in the freezer. Indulge.” I laughed as the two of them left. I motioned for Tristian and Freddy to do the same. Freddy moved, but Tristian leaned in the doorway. “Ladies first.”

“I need a minute.”

“Then I’m staying right here.” I shook my head, burying my face in my hands for a long time. Finally I took a deep breath and looked up. He was still in the doorway, studying me. “Ok. I’m good. Sorry, I had to calm down. Sometimes I have issues with my anger.” He nodded. “ I can tell. Ready to go?” I nodded, and he held an arm out for me. I smiled, looping my arm through his. He led me to the kitchen and opened the freezer. I heard everyone in the living room, arguing over some game. He sat a quart of ice cream in front of me and got out two spoons.

“You don’t mind sharing with me, do you?” he asked in a serious tone.

“Do you have aids?” I joked. He grinned at me. “Not that I’m aware of, no.” I rolled my eyes. “that’s reassuring. Don’t you want to go and wrestle over whose playing guitar on rock band next?” he shook his head. “ I don’t like those games. Besides, why would I hang out with those dweebs when there’s a hottie like you in the next room?” I shook my head, getting a spoonful and eating it. I sighed. “I haven’t had Ice cream in such a long time.”

“I imagine you haven’t had a lot of things in a long time.” He mused, eating along with me.

“Yeah. The funny thing is, the cop asked if there was anything I wanted before we left to meet my mom on the way down here. The first thing out of my mouth? Hot chocolate.” He laughed. “Good choice.” We ate in silence for awhile, until Freddy walked in. “Hey! Ice cream.” He stole my spoon, ate a spoonful, then gave it back. I scowled at him, and he grinned.

“So, how do you like the guys so far?” he asked, finding a soda and sitting across from me and Tristian. I shrugged, going to get a spoonful, and frowning when I found the box empty.

“Damn. And you guys are alright. Of course, the only people I really have to judge you against are my brothers and a 47 year old pedo. So, you know, that’s not saying much.” They both snorted.
♠ ♠ ♠
seeeee? another chapter! and i'm not guaranteeing they're always going to be this long. I'm just saying that now. Im actually suprised that they're this long anyway.