Status: Finished

Man Like Me

Paris

“It’s such a cliché but I can smell croissants.” Penelope chuckled as she stood on the balcony of their suite.
Robert had gone above and beyond to get them to one of the best hotels in the city. The suite was marvelous and luxurious and Penelope felt completely spoiled but she didn’t complain, it was Robert’s gift and she was going to enjoy it.

Robert laughed as he placed his arms around her and pulled her against his chest as they stared at the sun set. Throughout the last 4 days they had visited The Eiffel Tower and spent a good part of their day hanging around on the gardens that surrounded it. They had visited the Louvre Museum, the Arc de Triomphe and some gardens and palaces. The only major places left where the Ópera Garnier and Notre Dame but both of them were more inclined to visit only Notre Dame and then keep on exploring the city which was their favorite part.

“In two days it’s Christmas Eve.” Robert said as Penelope smiled and nodded her head. “What would you like to do?”

“We could have dinner somewhere nice.” Penelope started as Robert listened closely to her “Then get marshmallows or popcorn or cake, come back here and snuggle near that fancy fireplace.”

Robert chuckled “Sounds perfect.”

♦♦♦


“Oh wow look at it!” Penelope said excitedly as Robert snapped pictures while she stared at the magnificence of the Notre Dame Cathedral “It’s beautiful!”

“I know right? Majestic.” Robert said as they kept walking closer to the monument when suddenly a pair of twin boys showed up running from behind a tree wearing Mickey ears, laughing delightedly.

One of the twins slipped and fell on his face a few feet away from them and Robert immediately ran to help the child up as the other went beside Penelope and placed his hand on the fabric of her jacket, tugging on it.

Penelope placed her hand on the child’s soft brown hair and caressed it as his light blue eyes looked up filled fear and she crouched to meet his level.

“Mon Français est trés terrible mais ça va aller.” Penelope said as the child smiled softly and Penelope picked him up in her arms carefully.

She walked towards Robert, to see him dusting the other child’s clothes as the child had a tear running down his chubby cheek but laughed at something Robert was saying. When the brother’s spotted each other, they traded a few words that neither of Penelope or Robert could understand, except that they kept pointing at the two of them expressively.

“Julius! Francesco!” Penelope and Robert heard as a confused woman came running towards them and embraced the two children tightly. “Merci! Merci!” She said happily as she stood up and hugged both Penelope and Robert tightly making them chuckle at each other.

Then, taking the child’s hand, the woman told them to wave goodbye and they left. Penelope stared at them go and couldn’t help but to smile, when she glanced at Robert she thought what it would be like if they really had children and she was sure that Robert would be a flawless father.

“Pen? Are you okay?” Robert asked.

“Yes, I’m fine.” Penelope said as she blinked and turned to him to find a concerned expression on his face.

“What’s on your mind?” Robert asked as she saw Penelope shove her hands into her coat pockets.

“I was thinking that you’re wonderful with children.” She confessed as Robert smiled warmly at her “And I imagined what I’d be like if we had twins.” She blushed with a shy smile as Robert placed his arm around her shoulder.

“It would be fun.” Robert chuckled “Not a moment of silence or boredom and they’d be little devils with Jarvis but he would love them and protect them. They’d tear off my scripts, force me to read them stories with accents while they’d ask you to cook for them their favourite treats and play the piano for them every night. ” Robert imagined “Then when they finally slept, we’d have our time together and it would be the best part of our day.”

“Robert...” Penelope said as she felt her heart flutter at his truly beautiful words.

“I bet you’d look stunning pregnant.” Robert said honestly as he glanced at her belly for a moment “Truly stunning and I’d drool over you.”

“What if I’m not ready to have children?” Penelope asked as she looked at him with teary eyes, knowing that Paris wasn’t the right place to tell him anything.

“Whatever the future brings for us, it will be amazing because I love you.” Robert started “With children or not, everything will be perfect. I know that your priority isn’t to have a child and I understand.”

Penelope placed her hands on the sides of his face and as tears ran down her eyes due to all the mess she knew she was into. Whether or not she was pregnant, it wasn’t going to be easy but the worst thing for her wasn’t what might happen to her. The worst for her was Robert. The worst was knowing that he wanted to be a father and that he was willing to wait for her to be ready, he was willing to push his long-dream back because of her.

“I love you, Robert.” Penelope said as she pushed him down for an intense kiss.
He wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer to him, when she pulled away in need for air he kissed the tip of her nose playfully.

“Don’t cry Penelope. I accept you for who you are and I accept what you want. You are younger than me and I can’t demand anything from you.” He said.

“But I want to make you happy...” Penelope said lowly.

“You already do.” Robert whispered against her lips as he kissed her softly.

TWO DAYS LATER


“God...” Penelope muttered as Robert pulled the door open for her and they were welcomed into a really fancy-looking restaurant that was completely Christmas decorated but still had a vibe of romance in it.

“Downey.” Robert said towards the waiter as the polite man conducted them to a table next to a large window from where they could see the full moon.

“Robert, look!” Penelope pointed, holding her tone as she pressed her hand on his arm and he turned to look at the moon and then smile at the light reflecting on her face.

“You’ve outdone yourself tonight.” He said as she glanced towards him and he was grinning. “You look absolutely gorgeous tonight.”

“All for you.” Penelope replied as she saw a glint in Robert’s eye as his hand brushed up her leg briefly and set on the table, on top of hers.

“I’m flattered.” He smiled as he gave her a quick kiss before they ordered.

Their meal lasted for longer than an hour and by dessert they were both a bit more than just happy due to the good wine.

“Robert, we should go.” Penelope said as she tried to stop giggling “We ... We s-still need to buy.... threats.” She remembered him as she pressed her index finger against his nose as he gave her a sloppy wide smile and nodded his head.

“You’re right, my Queen.” He said as he planted a soft kiss on the palm of her hand and called the waiter.

After paying for their bill, Robert asked in messy French where they could find a place to buy anything sweet. Luckily a nearby store was still open.

“You sure about this?” Robert asked as he stared at a chocolate cake with strawberries on top “I thought that you w-wanted marsh...marshmallows or p-popcorn.” Robert added slowly as his eyes gazed lazily at his girlfriend.

“Yes, Robert... I want this one sweetie.” Penelope purred at his ear with a pleading one. “Please...” She drifted as Robert sighed “I’ll... I’ll make it to you.” Penelope said with a hint of lust in her eyes, alcohol always worked wonders on her and it had just given her a ‘genius’ idea.

“How?” Robert asked as he turned his head.

“Oh, you’ll see. I bought something with you in mind big boy.” Penelope smirked as she kissed his cheek and Robert quickly asked for the cake.

They arrived at the hotel, quicker than she could imagine being possible and Robert suddenly picked her up on his back, making her laugh.

“Heels make you look beautiful but they slow us down.” He muttered as he set Penelope down on the floor of their suite.

“Now be a good boy,” Penelope said with a lustful smile as she took her heels off painfully slowly “Undress, open the cake, start the fire and wait for me.” She said as she took a box from inside of the closet and headed for the bathroom.

Robert quickly took his jacket, pants, shirt and bow-tie off. He almost tripped over the cake, due to his rush as he searched for plates and champagne classes. About half an hour later, the fire was beginning to start and Robert was sitting on the floor anxiously when suddenly the door of the bathroom opened and Penelope walked out while her dress fell down her body, revealing her new lingerie and matching stockings.

Robert inhaled sharply as he remained seated, gazing intently at her and at how incredibly sensual she looked. He turned his body, so their eyes locked as she changed into a crawling position and crawled towards him with a smile. Once she reached him, she kissed his lips softly.

“Cake?” She asked with a grin.

♦♦♦


When Penelope woke up, she moved her arm slightly to realize that she was alone in bed. She opened her eyes and turned around to find Robert kneeling, only on his boxers, next to her bed stand waiting for her to wake up.

“Merry Christmas.” Penelope said with a wide smile as she reached her hand to his face and brought him closer for a kiss.

“Merry Christmas.” He grinned as she smiled and took his present from under her pillow with a smirk. “So that’s where it was.” He said with surprise.

“Of course! I had to have a good place to hide it or you’d open it before it was time.” Penelope laughed as she sat on the bed and gave Robert room to sit down.

“I still have childish ways!” He said proudly as she chuckled.

“Come on, open it.” She encouraged him as he opened the medium sized leather box in his hands and saw a watch resting inside with a perfume beside.

“Oh wow!” He said with a wide smile.

“Now, you have no excuses to arrive late.” She grinned as he placed the watch around his wrist and smiled widely. Then he handed her a small box, she opened it to find a pair of diamond earrings.

“Wow, Robert!” She exclaimed as he took the earrings from the box and carefully placed them in her ears.

“They fit as beautifully as I had imagined.” He grinned as Penelope was speechless “You still have a bit chocolate there.” Robert smirked as he leaned in and kissed her passionately. She wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
So I decided to turn the Paris chapter into a very sweet and loving chapter before rough times approach from every corner of the story, so beware.
Thank you so so much for all your lovelies comments, they definitely boost me into updating more often. I'd also like to thank my silent readers. Also, thank you for your subscriptions and recs.
Comments, thoughts, theories are always welcome!