Status: Hiatus.

Watching You

Ceremony

I was taken from my chambers, by Sif, to see what has been going on. There had been a ruckus throughout all of Asgard. Rumors were being spread that the God of Lies had been freed from his prison by the All-Father. Was this whole nonsense truth? My heart seemed to stop beating as I heard the news, not wanting to believe that it was the truth. Sif broke me from my thoughts as she tugged my forearm, leading me to where the throne of Odin was. There were people gathered around while Odin stood there with his wife by his side, both had smiles on their faces as they stood there. The Asgardians looked at them in awe, not knowing what to think of what was happening at this moment of time. My place was behind the crowd with Sif, and I soon noticed that the Warriors Three stood beside us. Then glancing to my left, I had spotted Thor that was standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. I tore my gaze away as I looked towards Odin as he began to speak.

“Greetings, people of Asgard, I have news for you all,” Odin started to speak, his eye gazing over every face in the room. He stopped upon me for a brief moment, seeming to look at me for a mere minute before looking elsewhere to start to speak again. It looked as if he was searching for an answer when he looked upon me longingly, which brought me into some confusion. “You may know of Loki, my son, and how he has done wrong to a lot of things, but I have word that he is now free to roam Asgard, as it is his home.”

There were a few gasps in the crowd, and my own gasp escaped from my lips. My hand went to cover my mouth as I stood there in shock. This could not be. Loki was free to roam Asgard once more? He should not even be here. After all that he has done to the people of Earth, and to his own home, he should not even be there. He should not be able to be free with just a slap of the hand. This angered me, and I became tense as I stood there.

“Loki, come out,” All-Father spoke, as he motioned from behind him to allow the Asgardian to walk to him. Loki took slow steps, seeming as if he was going to collapse at any moment. When he had glanced up to look at the crowd before him, he had the look of fear. He had known that these people would not warm up to the fact that he was able to freely roam around like nothing has happened.

He looked to his father, and his father gave him a nod. With that nod, he looked back to the crowd. “People of Asgard, I am no harm,” he started, “I am giving up my magic to do bad, but to do good. I swear to you all that I will not turn my back against you or I will be punished once more.” I watched him in disbelief as he stood there, and then his eyes fell upon me. A grin made its way to his face, and I responded with a shake of my head before looking away. Then I made my way out from the crowd, not wanting to rejoice of the matter that he was now a free Asgardian. There would be people skeptical about his return to be Prince, but no one dared to question Odin’s motives.

Now I would be able to see Loki’s face freely without consequences.

---

“Loki, I do not wish to see you,” I stated as he came to me after the grand welcome back ceremony. I stayed far from it, not wanting to celebrate the day of his return. From when the ceremony started, I sat in front of the glorious fountain that I usually always found myself in. I always came to the spot, quite aware that this was where Loki and I had our first moments in the past. This spot will always be my go to spot, even if it brought memories. Now I was interrupted by Loki when he got away from the party. “I do not wish to speak to you, nor see you.”

“Do not be like that, Zenya,” he spoke, moving over to where I was standing. “You may have a right to be mad at me, but I do have a right to be mad at you, so do not make it seem like this is all of my fault when it is not.” He sighed, bringing his hand to his hair to run it through. “It does feel nice to be out of the prison cell, and I had a lot of time to think.”

“Thor came to visit me last night, and I asked him a question,” he continued, and I watched him as he placed his hands behind his back as he walked to stand in front of the fountain. “I asked him, ‘how does someone love someone when they have done them wrong?’ You know what he told me?”

“What did he tell you?” I asked him, curious at this.

“I am afraid to lose that person,” he answered, now looking back at me. “He is right, Zenya. I do not wish to lose the person I love to someone like my brother. I want you to love me, and only me, like you have in the past.”

“But you hurt me, Loki,” I spoke now, watching as he turned to face me as I spoke to him. He knew that I was right, I could see that he was cursing himself for causing me torment. Though I knew that I had hurt him as well, but only once. He has hurt me on numerous occasions, and he was aware of that. “How can I love you if I believe that you hate me? Why do you care so much for me, Loki?”

“You are doubting me?” he questioned, his tone sounded heart broken and lost. His eyes were full of hurt, and that was not something that he could feign as a fake emotion. “I do not hate you. It was a mistake to let you go, it was a mistake to let my goals to get in the way of my feelings.”

I did not know what to say, my eyes going directly to the ground. Did he mean his words? He did lie, but this could not be one when he was being genuine. “You are being the cause of my pain...” I spoke, my words coming out as a whisper. I wanted to forget everything that had happened, but I could not. The memories always came back, as much as I put them on the back of my mind as when Thor told me to do. None of that had seemed to work. My thoughts always strayed to the God that was standing before me.

The thoughts in my head distracted me, and I did not know that Loki had stepped in front of me until I heard his voice. “I apologize for the torment I caused you,” he spoke sincerely. A small gasp escaped my lips as he placed his hand underneath my chin to gently make me look up at him. My eyes connected to his, getting lost in the sea of color. “You lost hope for me, but I will prove to you everything,” he told me, his voice was gentle. He sighed, leaning forward to press his forehead against my own. My eyes fluttered closed and my breathing became fast as my heart began to race. “This is no lie, my love, I am only telling the truth. I want you to believe me.”

“Everything you have done,” I whispered, not opening my eyes or moving from the spot we were kept in, “I will not forget.”

“But will you forgive?”

I opened my eyes, and he brought his forehead from mine to look at me for an answer. “Yes,” I spoke gently, and a smile graced his face. A real smile that he did not have to force. A smile that I have longed to see ever since he turned his back on his father. That smile that was kept in my memories forever. It was a smile that I will never forget.

A smile made it to my face as well, feeling content. In this moment, I brought my hand to slide behind his neck. Confusion was brought to his features, but I then pulled him forward towards my lips. Our lips connected in a gentle matter. A kiss that I actually wanted from him. A small sound of surprise came from my throat as he held my face in his hands, deepening the kiss that we shared. It was urgent, but full of the emotion of love. He was not lying to me. He truly loved me.

Deep down I knew that I still loved him, but I hated him at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love writing this series. <3
I hope you liked this installment.
What do you think will happen?
I would like to know your opinions. x)