Status: Hiatus.

Watching You

Unexpected

It had been days since our last meeting, and I began to worry. What was Loki doing with his time away from me? His brother also did not see him, and not even Odin. Word was that he had locked himself in his chambers for the last few nights, no one knew what he was thinking of. It felt as if he imprisoned himself from doing harm to others. Perhaps he did not want to speak to anyone, or maybe it was due to the last conversation that we shared. All hope was lost, though I was not too sure what I thought of it.

“I was wrong to accuse my brother for stealing you away,” Thor has commented when we sat in his mother’s garden. We wanted to get away from everything around us, and so we decided upon settling ourselves here. However, I had a feeling that his brother was watching over us. The blonde God before me shook his head as he ran his hand through his locks. “I thought he would have stolen you away when I went to look for you.”

A sigh escaped my lips, shaking my head as I did so. Thor had never been the smartest, when he always thought ahead of things in a poor matter. I understood as to why he did accuse of his brother of taking me away, but surely Loki was not dim witted enough to actually take me from my home. He would not do that, would he?

“You cannot assume things, Odinson,” I spoke, causing him to look at me with a curious glance. There had been a strange tension between us and it brought me to become uncomfortable. Shifting slight, I had crossed my legs and placed my hands on my lap. “Loki has changed, and I believe he is trying to change himself.”

A silence passed after I said that. Perhaps he did not believe that his brother could change his trickery ways, but it was possible. “I do care for you, Zenya,” he spoke out of context, and this time I gave him a curious look. His larger hand was placed upon mine gently. “What we did, I do not regret. I even rightfully told Loki what we have done, even that I knew he was quite aware of the night we shared.”

My eyes rolled as I moved his hand from mine, now standing to move myself away from him. Of course he would taunt me with those memories. What we did was immoral, as I was rightfully his brother’s. Though there had been no binding contract that I was, but it had been branded inside me that I was. “I told you that I wish not to speak of that night anymore,” I retorted, bringing my gaze away from him as I turned my back towards him.

I then felt him behind me, his hands gently placed upon my shoulders. It did amaze me how gentle he was with his touch when it came to a woman when he was a strong man. “If I could steal you away from him, I would,” he whispered into my ear, not even Loki could hear him speak if he was watching over us.

Now I shrugged him off, not wanting to hear his plaguing words. My feelings were mixed already for the two brothers, I did not wish to make things even more complicated. “We cannot do this, Thor,” I stated, turning to face him. His eyes held sadness, knowing that I was speaking the truth. There was nothing right about this situation. It seemed like we were causing some sin that could not be fixed if we continued to be like this. “I am sorry, but you know that I do love Loki and wish that I could be with him,” I told him, looking into his eyes to see the many different emotions that ran through him at this moment. I did feel a ping of guilt as I spoke to him, but this had to be done. He could not have false hope.

He ran his fingers into my hair when he reached up to my head, and soon cupped my cheek in his large hand in a gentle matter. “I do not know why I have not noticed you before Loki has,” he commented, and his eyebrows furrowed as he looked down from my eyes. “Loki had the luck of finding an Asgardian beauty suitable for him.”

Thor glanced to me once more, and he did slowly started to lean into me. My eyes closed as he got closer, until a familiar voice went through my head. ‘Speak of the Midgardian woman he has claimed that he has fallen in love with,’ he spoke, and I heard him chuckle, ‘I am sure that he will get riled up with that.’

My eyes opened and quickly I pulled away from Thor, forgetting to realize that there was a woman on Midgard that he was in love with. “What about her, Odinson?” I questioned, he looked upon me with confusion. “The woman on Migard? Do you not love her?”

He took a step back from me, his head shook as he turned his back to me. “What a grave mistake,” he spoke softly, “I beg of your pardon, Zenya. I did not mean to make this to go thus far.” With that he left, and a sigh escaped my lips.

“Thank you, Loki,” I spoke softly, slowly becoming in a relaxed state.

“You are welcome, Goddess,” he said, and I whirled around to see him standing there behind me. A small smirk spread across his face, his armor was on with his scepter in his hand. I smiled at him, glad that he was okay after days of not seeing him. My feet brought me to him with my arms spread wide. A laugh escaped him as he brought me into his arms, dropping his scepter in the process, as he embraced me.

He buried his face into my neck, and heard him sigh in content. “I have missed your embrace, my dear,” he spoke.

“Where have you been?” I questioned gently.

He pulled away from me, placing his hands on my arms. “You swear to not tell anyone?”

Worry flashed in my eyes, but I slowly nodded. “I swear, Loki.”

He looked me in the eyes, and told me in my mind, 'I was speaking to Thanos.'

My eyes widened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh, it just got interesting.
Hahah!
Happy 4th if you are from America!
I sadly work today, but might as well get it out before I go! <3