Status: Hiatus.

Watching You

Family Feud

I sat with these other beings, plus my own, as they started to speak of Loki. I decided against not speaking against him on the behalf I still cared for him. Thor tried to make Loki seem like a good person, but that was not working. They all knew behind his scheme, his motives. I was hearing all of this for the first time. Him creating another army to destroy the human race. I looked towards Thor, seeing how he was not giving me any sort of eye contact. That brought me into bewilderment as he ignored me.

“Thor, you should have told me of this,” I started, looking straight at him with intentions of him to look straight at me. “I am brought into another realm that I do not understand to hear of this army that Loki is trying to create to destroy this race.” He now looked at me, giving me an apologetic glance. He, too, held an expression that he was hearing all of this for the first time.

“My reason to come was for the tesseract,” he told me, “I was not aware of this army. I apologise for bringing into a realm you do not understand.”

“And how did Loki score a woman this striking?”

I looked up to see the man that was wearing the armored suit in our first meeting. “Do not insult him,” I stated, my eyes narrowed into a glare towards the man. “Does one need to question how does one fall in love with someone?”

“It is not my intention to step on anyone’s toes, but you seem like an intelligent woman,” the man spoke, and he crossed his arms over his chest. What I found curious was the glowing item that was located on his chest. It seemed like it replaced his heart, but he was still a mortal nonetheless. “Did you care for him before he went into his maniac power hunger phase?”

“Of course,” I commented, “Though I do not know what his intentions are, so I cannot help you with the answers you seek. I am simply here to moderate, as you mortals will say. Anything I say to Loki, he will not listen to me. He is too blinded at the fact of making a new life for him and I so we can live together as King and Queen, and I do not wish that.” I stood up from my chair, and gave a nod to Thor. “Now, please excuse me.”

I walked further into the sky fortress, not wishing to be around the people who downgraded Loki. I could only stand so much of it before I started to break. I wished not to lash out on them like I have done to Thor before we left Asgard to here. At this moment of time, I was alone. No one really knew the pain I felt for Loki. I wanted him to be normal again, but he was acting on God of Mischief. He was causing torment to everyone. When the red haired female told Thor that he killed eighty people already, I did not know how to react. He was killing people for fun, and that was not the Loki that I once knew.

“For the sake of her, do not speak of Loki that way around her,” I heard Thor’s voice boom from down the hall. I kept walking, not caring as to where I was headed. I did not care for the direction I was going, I just kept walking. This fortress was bigger than I imagined. How did these humans possess the technology that they did to create such a magnificent fortress?

I looked around, and then came across something that caught my eye. I went down this hallway, just going on instinct here. A faint smile was on my face as I kept walking, feeling his presence, but it soon faltered when I realized that he was still not the same Loki. I was going to turn around and walk the other way, but my body told me otherwise. I had to speak with him.

He was kneeling on the ground of the cage that he was locked in, and his vision was focused ahead of him. When he felt my presence, he looked up at me and then gave me a smile before he stood to his feet. “Zenya, my dearest,” he spoke, his words were the most kind like they were before all of this happened. The Loki that I knew. “What brings you here?”

I walked forward, standing in front of the glass cage. I observed him, seeing that his sense of dark power had surged out of him for the time being. “To see you,” I spoke, and brought my hand to rest on the glass. “What changed you, Loki? You are not the same person that I once knew.”

“My realizations, and my hurt,” he spoke, his eyes looking into mine, “I want them to see who can fall on top. I, Loki, God of Mischief, will have my reign. It hurts me to know that you would rather be the hero rather than stay by my side.” I could feel the anger that went through him, and I took a step back. “Did you become weak? Did you lose guidance when I left you? Did you-”

“Listen to yourself, Loki! You are talking to me as if I am a puppet with no soul. I make my decisions on my own, you will not control me, you will NEVER control me,” I spat out, my rage for him had been appropriate at this given time. No one was allowed to control my actions and he pushed this too far to say that he had control over my actions.

He looked at me with curious eyes, and a smirk fell upon his lips. “The fire in your eyes, I could see that you trained your powers well,” he chuckled, and he simply watched me. I clenched my fists, allowing my energy to form in my palm. “I do anger you, now do I?”

Fire surrounded my fists, and I was close to bringing my hand up before Thor stepped in. I felt his hands upon my shoulders and I relaxed, letting the energy loosen up. “That is not wise to do here, Zenya,” he whispered to me, and looked to his brother. “Leave her alone, Loki. She does not deserve the torment that you bring her,” he said sternly.

“Is that so, my dear brother? When did you start caring for her?” Loki questioned, chuckling slightly. “Ever since you made her a warrior, you tried stealing her away. I knew of your plans, brother. Though you know that she loves me, and she will always love me.”

“Quiet, the both of you!” I shouted at them, and turned on my heel. “We will not discuss this now, but later, when this is all over. Thor, let us go, and good bye Loki.” I walked forward to leave from this place, heading down the hallway at a quick pace. I heard Thor’s footsteps behind me, and soon felt his hand wrap around my wrist gently to make me stop in my tracks. My mind had been racing of many thoughts. Was I betraying Loki for being close to Thor? Did Thor want me for his own? The two brothers were different in many ways, and to love them both for different reasons felt so wrong.

“I apologise, Zenya, for whatever that has upset you,” Thor started to speak, and I glanced down at our hands. “Loki will realize in time what he is doing wrong, and having you here will allow him to realize this.” He then let go of my hand, and I glanced up at him. I could tell that he was bothered by his brother’s antics, and I had no word to tell him that everything will be fine in the end. Loki will not learn from his mistakes, and that is what would lead to a world of misery.

I gave the Thunder God a nod, understanding what he was speaking of. I felt uneasy in this realm, knowing well that I did not belong here any longer. I did not want to see anyone fight against Loki, and I did not wish to fight against him. No one understood the love that I held for him. The love I had for him grew, not for the dark side that was emitting from his being as of the moment, but for the kind and gentle Loki that was hiding under his facade. Perhaps Thor understood, but I was not too sure.

“Do you wish to be here, Zenya?” he asked me, and I brought my attention to him again as I broke myself away from my thoughts. It was like he knew what I was thinking, but he did not wish to voice an opinion until now. I felt broken. I just wanted to be home in Asgard, praying to my Gods that Loki would make it back home normal again.

“I do not,” I spoke, shaking my head.

“We will be home in Asgard when this is over, with Loki. Do not lose faith,” he told me, giving me a smile in encouragement. I just simply smiled back at him, hoping that his words were true. Home with Loki. That was what I always wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shout out to Loki;;.
Read the Loki story this author is writing here. <3

I love you all.