Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Graduation

Today was probably the biggest most important day of my life. I had been working for this for the last twleve years of my life. I worked my butt off. Studying at all hours. Researching every little thing. Taking notes on everything. I was finally going to graduate high school today.

"Veve, honey, are you ready?" My mom asked knocking on my door. I rubbed my lips together once more and opened my door. There stood my mom in a pair of dark wash Rock Revival skinnies, black flats, black chiffon button up shirt and her hair in waves. She's thirty eight and she could get away with saying she was twenty eight. I hope I aged like her. 

"Oh honey," she gasped. "You look gorgeous!" She looked down at my heels and chuckled. "Only you would wear zombie heels to your graduation." 

"What about me?" Lulu asked coming out of her room. My mom gasped when she saw her too. "You look amazing Lulu! And I see you're both going for the untraditional graduation apparel. A galaxy dress and zombie heels. Only you two." 

"What can we say? We're original people. We follow our own rules," Lulu spoke. I slipped on my graduation gown and held my cap in my hand. I left the god awful gown unzipped and pulled my hair out from under it. 

"So you're like dust in the wind?" Gavin asked walking down the stairs behind us. I furrowed my brows. "Um, no. That's basically saying we go with the flow. Dust is like a follower; it let's the wind take it places. We don't do that. We're our own people; we do what we want," I explained. 

"Like screwing douchebags from a boy band?" Kohl questioned as we reached the entry way. Lulu and I gaped at him. He was still upset with me about the whole joining the army deal. It happened a week or so ago and he hadn't spoken to me  unless it was to make smartass comments. 

"I'm not...I'm not screwing anyone," I rushed out. "Neither is Lulu."

He snorted. "Oh right. 'Cause living on a bus with five hormonal guys is going to be sex free? Yeah, I'll believe that when Hell freezes over." 

"You know what?" I glared at him. "Don't come to my fucking graduation. I don't fucking want you there." 

My mom sighed and shook her head. "Veronica, you don't mean that."

I didn't mean that? I didn't mean that?! He's being an ass for no reason! He's holding me voicing my opinion against me. If he didn't want my opinion he wouldn't have told me. He knew I would have an opinion on the whole thing and it ended up being one he didn't like. Shit happens. Get over it. 

"I meant every word of it Mom," I snapped. "He's being an ass for no damn reason and he's ruining the biggest day of our lives. If he's going to act the way he is I don't want him to be there when I walk across that stage and get my diploma." With that, I marched out the door and to my moms suv.

He's not getting the satisfaction of ruining my day.

++++++

One Direction

"Has she sent them to you yet?" Louis asked Harry. He shook his head and continued to stare out the bus window as the highway flew by them. 

"I wonder if they tripped on stage," Niall wondered out loud. That emitted a chuckle from all five guys. "I bet they'll come back and have huge goose eggs right in the middle of their foreheads!" 

"That's not very nice Niall. What if that happened to you on stage? How would you feel?" Liam...always the adult in these situations. 

Niall pouted. "Embarrassed and pissed."

"Exactly. Now don't jinx Lulu and Veve, or they'll find some way to torture you," Liam stated. 

Harry stared down at his phone waiting for it to light up. Veve had promised him that she would send him pictures from before, during, and after the graduation. Him and the others were on their way to the next stop and couldn't attend. The girls were okay with it seeing as they didn't want them to get mobbed. The guys however were a little upset that they weren't getting to see them graduate high school. All of a sudden his phone lit up indicating he had a text. He quickly unlocked it and opened the text from his girlfriend. In it was a link so he clicked on it. When it loaded, up popped her photography website. The latest post was of her and Lulu at graduation. 

"She sent them!" He hollered to the others. They all gathered around his iPhone and scrolled through the pictures. The first one was of Veve and Lulu outside without their caps and gowns on. Second was with their caps and gowns on. Third was with Gavin and Alli, then with some man who they assume was Alli's father, then with Veve's mum and dad, then with all seven of them. Another was with them with their diplomas. And the last was of all the students caps being thrown in the air after graduation was over. 

"Your bird wore zombie heels to her graduation, Harry," Zayn stated. 

Harry grinned. "Well your bird wore a galaxy dress to her graduation, Zayn." 

"You two have unique lasses on your hands," Niall commented. Liam nodded, agreeing. "Keep 'em around. They're meant for you guys."

"I will," Harry and Zayn mumbled in unison. 

"If you break up with them I won't know what to do," Louis spoke. "We'll have to gossip about you lot and bash you and have girls nights. Then I'll have to deal with you moping around and/or being slags. I can't have the best of both worlds! This won't call for a Hannah Montana song!" 

They all stared a him as if he had lost his mind. Although that wouldn't be out of the question with him. He did some odd things and said some odd things. Don't ever underestimate his crazy tendencies.

"Lou, mate, take a chill pill," Harry said.

++++++

Veronica

I was a high school graduate. I was finally a high school graduate. I had my diploma. I had the thing I worked twelve hard years for. My mom had framed mine and Lulu's diplomas and they were now hanging in the living room right beside Gavin and Kohl's. 

Speaking of Kohl, he had yet to look or speak to me. He hadn't come to the graduation ceremony like I told him not to. I didn't feel the need to apologize to him for voicing my opinion on his choice. He chose to tell me for a reason. He had to know that I wouldn't agree with it. I'm not sure any sister would for that matter. My mom didn't agree with it but there was nothing she could do but voice her opinion. And the same goes for me. He was an adult and could do as he pleased, I just didn't have to like it.

"Yo Momma!" 

"Yo daughta!" I slid down the staircase railing on my butt and landed on the hardwood floor with a thud. "Where you at?" I hollered in a Jersey accent once again. That's the product of too much Jersey Shore. 

"Kitchen!" She hollered back. When I made it in the kitchen I saw she had six kiddy plates sitting out along with six sippy cups. "Whatcha fixing for lunch?" 

"Macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dogs in it, mandarine oranges, and some pretzels. I made extra for you and Lulu," she replied. I watched as she put food on the plates. Her phone rang so I answered it. "Yola?" 

"Vee? Is that you?" My cousin Tyson asked. 

"No you retard, it's Carrie Underwood. What did ya need?" 

"Smartass. I was going to see if your mom would go get Sadie from preschool but since your home do you think you could?"

"Fosho! I'm on the pickup list right?" 

"Yep. She gets out in ten minutes so I'd leave now. Thanks Vee! I'll talk to you later."

"K. Bye Ty." I hung up and placed her phone back on the counter. "I gotta go get Bug from school. Be back in a bit." 

Lulu followed me out to my moms car and hopped in the passanger seat. As soon as it turned on I immediately rolled down the windows, opened the sunroof, and synced my phone to play my music. Hollywood Undead was my music of choice today. 

Gangsta
Gangsta
So gangsta

Gangsta
Got my diamond earrings
Gangsta
Gonna turn you on
So gangsta
I preserve my sexy
And I'm packin' heat so don't disrespect me

I love it when the DJ throws my song on
I hit the dance floor and get my sing along on
I love to spit the choruses when I'm on one
My c-walks too hot I done ripped my Sean Jean
Smellin' so fly I got the Hugo Boss on
You got the type of booty I'd like to put my paws on
We can roll in the Fiesta just to get our floss on
I got the speakers bumpin' straight bangin' the Thong Song
Got my hair did got my shit braided up
Rollin with Funny Man and he's breakin' a blunt
Snatch it outta his hand and now I'm blazin' it up
Took another sip of Henny now I'm faded as fuck
Yo Charlie Scene tell me where you got them shades at
You know I've had this OG style since way back
Sittin' in VIP blowin' trees I'm laid back
This bitch is gonna be another notch in my wave cap

Gangsta
Got my diamond earrings
Gangsta
Gonna turn you on
So gangsta
I preserve my sexy
And I'm gonna beat it up if you let me
Gangsta
Diamonds all up on me
Gangsta
Gonna turn you on
So gangsta
I preserve my sexy
And I'm packin heat so don't disrespect me

I'm just so damn flossy
And I know what you like
There ain't no gangsta like me
I'm a give it to ya every time

Hold up and let me lace up the Tim's
I'm only 26 but so is the rims
I wanna hit the dance floor and thrust my pelvis
I look so good a million bucks is jealous
So I parked the Huffy kicked down the kick stand
Paid the 20 dollar cover and I got me a wrist band
Got bitches to my neck like I'm standin' in quick sand
You talk to me twice you better talk to my pimp hand
Got the Lakers jersey got the platinum chain
Two Blue-tooths and a pinky ring
Gettin' drunk as fuck from that tangeray
Beer googles on I'm talkin' to a grenade
Yo, Charlie Scene tell me how you got so flossy
It isn't my fault that all the ladies want me
I just roll with the posse that's cool like Fonzy
And known to be flashier than paparazzi

Gangsta
Got my diamond earrings
Gangsta
Gonna turn you on
So gangsta
I preserve my sexy
And I'm gonna beat it up if you let me
Gangsta
Diamonds all up on me
Gangsta
Gonna turn you on
So gangsta
I preserve my sexy
And I'm packin heat so don't disrespect me

Freeze...
At ease...


"Funny Man is so damn fine," I swooned. Lulu nodded, agreeing.

Let Funny Man bang on these keys
I'm about to get it crackin' and freaky deaky
All the ladies in the world just dyin' to meet me
Cause nothin' about me is ever cheesy
I'll get you in the bed and make it squeaky squeaky
Lookin' so damn fly as I hit the club
Low ride west side yes we throwin' it up
Make my way to the dance floor to burn it up
Now go ahead and hit the chorus and turn it up

Gangsta
Got my diamond earrings
Gangsta
Gonna turn you on
So gangsta
I preserve my sexy
And I'm gonna beat it up if you let me
Gangsta
Diamonds all up on me
Gangsta
Gonna turn you on
So gangsta
I preserve my sexy
And I'm packin heat so don't disrespect me
 

By the time we were halfway through the next song we had reached Bugs preschool. We both hopped out of the car and made our way inside. We could hear the two teachers reading them a book in the other room, so we walked around the little cubbies and waited for them to finish. Sadie saw me right as the teachers finished and waved her arm around in the air like a lunatic. I chuckled and we both waved back to her. 

"Miss Leana, can I's go?" She asked. One of her teachers looked around and spotted me, grinning at me. "Yes you may. See you Friday at graduation Sadie."

"Bye Miss Leana, bye Miss Macy!" She hopped up, darted to her cubby, put it on and grabbed my hand and Lulu's hand and drug us out of there. 

"Veve, I misseded you! Lulu, I misseded you too!" She hugged us and then continued to pull us to the car. Once we got in there she got buckled in her booster seat and demanded we play the cd that was in. As soon as I switched it over I couldn't help but shake my head. Of course it was One Direction. I forgot her and her sister were obsessed. 

"Yay! I love Rection!" She exclaimed. Oh lord. That just...that doesn't sound good. At all. I turned it up like she instructed and pulled out of the parking lot as all three of us sang along.

You're insecure 
Don't know what for 
You're turning heads when you walk through the door 
Don't need make up 
To cover up 
Being the way that you are is enough 
 
Everyone else in the room can see it 
Everyone else but you-ou-ou 
 
Baby you light up my world like nobody else 
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed 
But when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell 
You don't know (oh oh) 
You don't know you're beautiful! 
If only you saw what I can see 
You'll understand why I want you so desperately 
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe 
You don't know (oh oh) 
You don't know you're beautiful! 
(Oh oh) 
That's what makes you beautiful! 
 
So c-come on 
You got it wrong 
To prove I'm right I put it in a so-o-ong 
I don't why 
You're being shy 
And turn away when I look into your eye eye eyes 
 
Everyone else in the room can see it 
Everyone else but you 
 
Baby you light up my world like nobody else 
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed 
But when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell 
You don't know (oh oh) 
You don't know you're beautiful! 
If only you saw what I can see 
You'll understand why I want you so desperately 
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe 
You don't know (oh oh) 
You don't know you're beautiful! 
(Oh oh) 
That's what makes you beautiful 
 
Nana (chant) 
 
Baby you light up my world like nobody else 
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed 
But you when smile at the ground it aint hard to tell 
You don't know (oh oh) 
You don't know you're beautiful! 
 
Baby you light up my world like nobody else 
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed 
But when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell 
You don't know (oh oh) 
You don't know you're beautiful! 
If only you saw what I can see 
You'll understand why I want you so desperately 
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe 
You don't know (oh oh) 
You don't know you're beautiful! 
(Oh oh) 
You don't know you're beautiful! 
(Oh oh) 
 
That's what makes you beautiful!


"Hey Lulu, text my friend and tell him and our other friends to get on skype in like an hour. I want to surprise a certain four year old." She stared at me with furrowed brows and her mouth hanging open a little with this dumb look on her face. 

"Wait, who are you talking about?" 

I got an 'are-you-serious' look on my face. "Harold! Text Harold!" I exclaimed. A look of recognition crossed her face making me shake my head. "Blondes," I muttered. 

"What?" She asked, not looking up from her phone. 

"What?" I asked, acting all innocent like. "What'd you say?" She asked.

"What? I didn't say anything," I replied. "So Sadie Bug, are you excited you're graduating preschool?" 

I glanced in the rearview mirror long enough to see her nod. "Yes! I gets to wear a pretty white dress and hat! Mommy said I can wear my TOMS you got me."

I grinned. I spoiled her like she was my own. Any time she wanted something and her parents or grandparents wouldn't get it for her, I would. She would come to me with those big brown puppy dog eyes of hers, those chubby little cheeks, and her pouty lips and I was sold. She had at least three pairs of TOMS, Converse, Vans, Sperry's, and UGGs just from me. Any time I got new clothes or shoes, I got her some too. She looked up to me and wanted to dress like me. I was glad she looked up to me. It made me feel special. 

"Well that's awesome. Me and Lulu will be there."

++++++

Lulu, Sadie Bug, and I were in my room watching 1D music videos on my PS3 per Sadie Bug's request. She demanded I get on YouTube on the PS3 and look up 'Rection'. While she danced around, Lulu and I sat on my bed and got on my laptop. I brought up Skype and logged in. 

"She's going to shit," Lulu mumbled. I nodded. "She's going to scream." A loud ding sounded from the small speakers of my laptop as a box popped up. I clicked on the box and a second later up popped Niall and Liam's faces. 

"Hey guys," Lulu and I waved. 

"Hey love!" Liam greeted. 

"Vevekins! Lulu!" Niall shouted.

"Where's Harry?" 

"I don't know. He got a phone call from someone about twenty minutes ago and he's been on there ever since," Niall answered. "He didn't seem very happy with whoever it was."

I nodded, wondering who it was. "Who is you talking to?" Bug asked when the video was over. "Oh just some friends. Wanna come say hi?" I asked. She ran over and crawled between Lulu and I. When she saw Niall and Liam her eyes widened. 

"You Rection! They Rection Veve!" Loud laughs emitted from the boys. 

"Did she just call us what I think she just called us?" Liam asked.

"Yes siry bob. Lovely right?" 

Liam start talking but Bug cut him off. "Where's Harry Smiles? I wants to see Harry Smiles!" She was so much like me. She was four and even went after the cutest guy on this planet. 

"I'll go get him and the others." Niall walked off hollering for the others and came back a minute later with them. Harry looked a little peeved, but I decided not to question it in front of everyone. 

"OMJ! It's all of Rection! Look guys, it's Harry Smiles!" 

At the sound of Sadie's shouts they all chuckled. Harry quit laughing and said his hello. "Well hi there pretty girl. What's your name?"

She looked up at me with a huge grin and her brown eyes sparkling. "Harry Smiles just called me pretty, Veve! You need to date him. I don't know what that means, but you need to do it."

I blushed. "I'll think about it. Aren't you gonna say hi to the boys. I think they might cry. Look at 'em." I pointed to the screen where they were all acting like they were about to cry. 

"Hi Harry. Hi Louis. Hi Niall. Hi Zayn. Hi Liam. I'm Sadie Bug," she rushed out. They all said their hello's and spoke to Sadie for atleast twenty minutes. She even sang a little bit of One Thing for them. It was quite adorable. 

"When are you guys coming back on tour? We miss you," Zayn spoke with a pout. 

"On Saturday. Bug here is graduating preschool on Friday and we can't miss that," Lulu replied. 

"Well that sounds exciting. We want tons of pictures, okay Sadie?" Louis said. 

She nodded and all of a sudden gasped. "What about youse come?! Youse can sit right up front!" 

"We would love to, but we can't doll. We have to work," Louis replied with a sad face. She all of sudden got a sad, pouty face. She gets attached easily and even though she hasn't met them in person she's already attached to them. Tears gathered in her eyes making my heart break, and by the looks on the boys' faces it broke theirs too. Before anyone could say anything she crawled off the bed and ran out of the room sniffling. 

All was quiet except for my ceiling fan in the background. 

"I feel like I just got told all my cats died." 
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't spell check! I wanted to get this out before I went to work. Sadie is actually inspired by my four year old cousin Boo. She says all that stuff and everything. Anyway, ENJOY!!

Sadie's outfit