Status: Active again.

Letters to Heaven

Letter 1

Dear xxxxxx,
It snowed again today as I waited by the mailbox. It was cold but I didn't care. I never did even when you were here, no matter how much you would scold me. And again, today, I waited…but you still aren’t here. Neither was your voice. Only the sound of the mailman as he walked past me and my existence. Just like you did.


****

Have you ever wondered what you're doing with your life? Why you're here? What's your purpose? And what happens when you're done? I remember the old lady who lived across the street from me when I was younger would always tell me to work hard now so in the future I could live with ease. But that's not true. It's not as simple as that. I've worked hard. I've smiled and cried. I've found and I've lost. And now all I have is nothing. But I admit, in a sense, she was right. I have all the time in the world now. All alone, waiting, just ticking away.

"Uh,...ma'am?" A young teenage boy spoke up, most likely a part time worker. "Sorry,...we have to ask you to get ready to leave...It's just about closing time..." He hesitantly spoke in a soft voice, pointing towards the clock.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't paying much attention to the time, how rude of me." I smiled as I got up and pushed back my chair, grabbing my jacket that was slung across it. "Sorry for having to keep you here longer." I apologized, sincerely sorry for keeping him. Just because I had time all the time in the world didn't mean everyone else did.

"Oh, no no it's fine! The boss said its fine too because you're a regular. You come here every day, right?" He asked, feeling more at ease knowing I wasn't a moody, self righteous customer.

"You're right, I do, my favorite café in fact." I spoke softly, almost more to myself rather than him. "Well, I'd hate to keep you all any longer than I already have. Thank you, have a good night." I smiled handing the boy a tip, though at first he strongly denied it, but I sneakily slid it into his apron pocket. As I walked towards the exit, sliding on my jacket, I heard the workers gather together and whisper, staring in my direction.

"Whoa, she can actually talk!"

"Well of course, idiot."

"You know what I mean! She always just...sits there. Like she's waiting for someone."

"True. See how she always buys two cups of coffee? She just keeps the other one across the table...doesn't even take a sip of it, just her own."

"I wonder who it is..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty short but got what I wanted in. Leaving a little mystery~

Heads up: I'm starting up on this story all over again, so I have made slight changes to each chapter. Hope you enjoy ~