Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 2

Louis' POV

A few seconds after Chennaya leaves the room, my dear friend Harry decides to wolf whistle. I smack the back of his head.

"Oww, dude! What was that for?" he exclaims rubbing his head.

I smirk. "It hurt did it? Well, if you hit on her...imagine that a hundred times more painful."

"Whooo, Harold," Niall comments, "You should watch out. You know how hard Louis fights."

"Shut up. Just please, lads, don't try anything with her."

They all nod and obey my order. What the- Aren't they going to ask me the reason why they can't hit on Chey? Or are they already getting the point - that I fancied her first. I'm not that obvious..am I?

Anyway I wouldn't have blamed Harry for whistling her way. That girl has one fit body, and thick long black hair and the sweetest smile and the cutest laugh and hysterical sense of humour. Chenneya is sensitive but she can take a hard joke; she's funny yet extremely serious about life; kind and caring but not easily taken advantage of. I don't know - there's just something incredible about her that pulls me closer every day, every moment I see her. I already know I'm in love but that fact is as unbelievable as how beautiful she is.

Pathetic? Me? Please, I'm horribly pitiful.

"Lou, Boo Bear!" Zayn screams in my face. "Mate, why are you so protective about her though? I know you guys are close but she's not even your best friend. And this is the only time we've ever met her."

I stare at his confused face. He's standing above me and I feel quite awkward since I'm seated. Harry groans as his head flops back so he's gazing at the ceiling whilst Niall is in his own strange world. He's spinning on a chair, singing a Beyonce song.

Zayn continues to stare. "Well...?"

Harold groans once again. "Zayn, c'mon dude! It's pretty freaking obvious. He thinks she's fit. He fancies her. He's head over heels for that girl."

The once confused dark brown eyes are now wide open. "Oh."

I roll my eyes. "Took you long enough. But am I that transparent?"

"Louis!!" Chenneya screams.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥


I grip the corner of the pillow even tighter. "Oh really? I play the guitar, d'you want me to teach you?" I mimick the words streaming out of Liam's babbling mouth.

Harry slaps my cheek. "Buttercup, what are you doing? She has no interest in Liam and he already has Danielle."

I know, I say to myself. I'm probably jealous because I'm insecure. I've been in her life for many years and yet she hasn't given me one single clue if she sees me as more than just a "brother".

"Hey! Why don't we play a fun game?"

Liam eyes Harry very carefully. When you hear Harry saying fun in a sentence, you know it's different to your view on having fun. "Like what?"

"Striiiiiiiip pokerrrrrr!"

Chenneya laughs nervously. "Yeah like I'd strip in front of five guys."

"Suuuure," I coo. "Sure you don't want to. Sure you're not just ashamed of your non-existent sexiness." I know her sexiness definitely exists.

She raises an eyebrow in a funky way. "Please, your body doesn't even own one inch of sexy. You don't believe I have sexiness? We'll see."

Chenneya starts to pull up her long sleeved shirt whilst us four guys, stare on, being real perverts. I blink then that shirt is off and I see...a singlet?

She cracks up laughing.

Liam doesn't particularly care, Niall gives a chuckle and the remaining three, including me, are just overly disappointed.

"You guys," she takes a breath, "didn't actually think...that...your faces! Oh my god, you guys looked like you wanted to start touching yourselves."

"Well, with that strip tease, how can I resist?" Harry teases.

She giggles. I can't help but be a little jealous.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.....as you can see I'm a very slow writer..... Anyways, likey? :)