Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 3

Chenneya's POV

hey chey! im havn a party latr 2night. wanna come? the guys are invited 2. call me if u are :))

a party? suure! i'll ask the guys. call ya later.


"Lou? Liam? Niall? Curly boy? Zayn!?" No answer. "Guys!?" I scream once again. It might be a little more helpful if I actually stand up and look for them. God, I'm such a lazy ass girl.

Suddenly, a familiar scent tickles my nose. I scrunch my nose and wander what - oh sh*t. I gently throw the lovely book I was reading onto the couch then run as fast as I can following the smell of pastry being burnt. Trust me, I've burnt many things in my life and the smell just can't seem to drift away so I end up memorising each different scent. Creepy. I know.

"Agh! Liam what did you do!?"

I hear a voice squeal. "What you told me to do. Heat the ove-"

"But it's too hot and the pastry! It's not even ready yet...what is this? How old are you people?"

I reach the kitchen and find five guys, looking fairly attractive in aprons, bustling around. Wait, aprons? Even I don't wear aprons. Harry seems to be the one who knew what they are doing. He orders Liam to turn the oven off and take out whatever they were attempting to bake. I believe Louis is stuck with the washing since he really doesn't have cooking genes, Niall is - unbelievably - licking the bowl in the middle of the chaos and Zayn is holding an electric mixer...he's an expert, if he was still a five year old!

"Guys!" I shout. Everyone of them freezes and looks my way. "Okay, Liam continue with what you're doing. Niall give the bowl to Louis. Lou...keep washing. And Zayn, put that down before you hurt yourself. Harry what are we cooking?"

"Tarts. I tried tel-"

"Sshhh. I know how to make tarts, okay." Louis grins at me waggling his eyebrows. I wink at him. He knows the horrible history of my cooking skills. However, I took lessons and can now finally classify as a bit-higher-than-average cook.

 

Louis wipes the crustard off my nose. His blue eyes burn into my dark ones and I blush.

"He's a lovely boy, Chenneya. Where'd you two meet?" my aunt Jena asked me.

I laughed. "We go to school together. Why?"

"He's an absolute keeper sweetheart."

"I know," I said. "He's an awesome friend! One time we went swimming at a waterfall and-"

"Wait friend?"

"Yeah."


Whenever Louis and I were out together, even with our other friends, people always assumed we're in a relationship. He and I would always break into hysterics whilst they stood there. Our friends, too, they would comment on how Lou acted like my boyfriend when talking or doing something with me.

It was nice but sometimes it felt irritating. It felt like both of us were being pulled into a different direction we didn't want to go into. Like we were forced to act in a certain way. One day, we actually tried it.

Our lips touched. It was a short, wonderful, sweet, lovely, perfect kiss. But it never felt right. Once my hand wounded around his neck we'd immediately stop. Holding hands felt awakward. Hugging each other was terrible if it had to be in that way. So being more than friends with him never worked out. Sometimes, I wishes it did. He would make an amazing boyfriend.

What is this? I remove my gaze from his sweet adorable face. No, Chenneya, this is not happening. I swallow the last bit of my chocolate and custard tart and lick my lips. "So you guys up for the party?"

"Yep!" they chorused.

I wonder what it'd be like partying with these bunch of idiots...
♠ ♠ ♠
So, two chapters in a day. Amazing writer? I think yes. Okay, yes, terrible I know.