It All Started With A Smile

Chapter Eight

2 days after my birthday, we finally left for San Francisco. I was both excited and nervous. Oh, I'm pretty sure my so-called friends have no idea that I'm in a band and that I'm dating Garrett Daniel Nickelsen. Wait... My dad has no idea either. I am so dead. Well, that's alright. They let me go, anyway and they don't even care.

After a short flight, I guess, we arrived at our destination. It isn't really our <i>desired</i> destination more like, the destination where we needed to be. There were still a few things I wanted to do before I go straight to my dad's residence. I wanted to go to my favorite diner first and eat because I am so hungry. Though, I was afraid to see my friends. But I need to be brave. I wanted to leave the past behind already. I don't know why it all has to come back to me now and haunt me.

"Hey, are you alright?", Garrett asked probably noticing.

"Yup. I guess," I said.

"Everything will be alright soon, okay?", he said then kissed my forehead then wrapped his arms around me.

It made me feel better. A whole lot better. For me, the sweetest thing a guy could ever do is kissing you on the forehead. Well, there's no time for daydreaming right now or any of those thoughts.

After that we headed straight to the place where I ate frequently. It brought back good memories which was okay with me. But then, right when I was about to sit down with the others, I saw my old so-called friends. Of course they saw me too and who obviously began talking about me. I just didn't pay attention to them instead, I sat between Garrett and Patricia so that they wouldn't get in the way.

I have this feeling that they're going to approach us any time now. I was a little nervous that they might start flirting with John or Kennedy or Jared or Josh or Russell. Okay that's a lot and they are only 2. Oh, those 2 flirty bitches whom I left at the bottom once I left their group in middle school. Yup, they've been flirty bitches since they were still children. After that, I created a new group of friends who likes bands and everything related to that. We even made an attempt to start a band. But I'll have to admit it wasn't a success.

I was still in the middle of some flashbacks when we were all interrupted by the two shitty bitches.

"Oh, hey Julia. Well, it's nice to see you again!", Sarah said.

"Hey Sarah. I missed you!", I said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Well, you didn't miss me?", Scarlet asked.

"I was sarcastic. GET OUT OF HERE. WE WERE NEVER FRIENDS.", I shouted.

"What? Don't you want to introduce us to your friends?", Sarah asked.

"No. SO GET OUT.", I said, while pointing to the door.

I bet they got scared because they left immediately. I never got this mad. Was I just scared that they might steal Garrett from me or something? Well, all I know is that I don't want any of my old so-called friends near these guys right here.

"Hey, are you alright?", Patricia said, whom I didn't notice was holding my arm probably to stop me from attacking those bitches.

"Yeah. Oh my god. I was about to burst!", I said shaking my head.

"Mhmm, why don't you sit down?", she suggested and so I did sit down.

I had to calm down. The anger was still there. You might think like, what did they do to me in the past that made me so aggressive around them. Well, they did a lot of things. From stealing my boyfriend to sleeping with them. I guess I really didn't want them to steal Garrett from me.

"Okay, so what's up with those two sluts?", Patricia asked.

"They were my friends in middle school. So-called friends.", I replied.

"Oh. I'm guessing we shouldn't ask anymore.", she replied.

After that, we ate quietly and we didn't even talk. The silence was interrupted by a fan who entered the diner and literally screamed and asked if she could get a picture with each one of us. After taking a picture with us she asked a few questions which was just fine.

I was still quite distracted by the fact that we were in San Francisco. All the things that happened.... Ugh. Just eating in the same old diner gave me a lot of problems especially when I saw Scarlet and Sarah. My old self had a lot of problems. I was the type of girl who hid a lot of secrets. Well, I already said goodbye to my old self when I left this place. Now that I'm back, it's saying hello to me once again.

*******************************************************************************
We left the diner and went straight to the hotel they were staying in since I was staying in our house. I rested in the hotel first before heading to our house.

"Oh God, I don't want to go to our house", I said.

"Then, why don't you just stay here?", Garrett said.

"Well, my dad doesn't know you guys came with me", I replied.

"Oh. But we can go to the wake, right? I mean, I'm sure your dad invited some of your so
called friends so yeah", Patricia said.

"Yeah, of course!", I said.

After 2 hours, I left the hotel and went to our house. It wasn't really an hour-drive. Just about 30 minutes. I didn't want to go down the car. I don't want to go back but I guess I have no choice.

I rang the doorbell after unloading my things from the car and my dad was waiting at the door after all.

"Hi dad", I said.

"Hey Julia! I missed you!", dad said.

"Uhm missed you too, I guess.", I replied.

"Why don't you come in? I'll help you bring your stuff to your room," he said.

"No. I only brought a backpack"

"Oh. I thought you were staying here for good. I guess, not."

"What? Of course I'm not staying here!"

"Oh, well. That's actually what I wanted to talk about with you."

WHAT? Oh my god. My dad wants me to come back and settle here in San Francisco. After putting my stuff in my room, I went down to the living room and talked about it with dad. I didn't agree to what he wanted, okay. Just because he's my dad, doesn't mean I have to follow everything he wants. My parents let me go! Now my dad wants me back? SERIOUSLY? NO. JUST NO.

"Why not?", he asked.

"Dad, I'm in a band. I go on tour, I have other stuff to do and yes, I live with my band.", I replied.

"WHAT!? YOU ARE IN A FUCKING BAND AND YOU DIDN'T INFORM ME OR YOUR MOM? WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THIS? YOU THINK I'M PROUD OF YOU? NO! I'M NOT! WHY WOULD A FATHER BE PROUD OF HIS DAUGHTER WHEN SHE JUST GAVE EVERYTHING UP AND STARTED A BAND AND NOW LIVES IN FUCKING ARIZONA?", he replied.

"WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND? THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO DO. I'M HAPPY WITH WHAT I AM DOING.", I said.

"A BAND! YOU STARTED A BAND! OF ALL THE OTHER THINGS YOU WOULD RATHER DO, YOU STARTED A BAND! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING?", he said.

"YES DAD, I DO. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TALK TO ME ABOUT IT ANYMORE. I AM NOT STAYING HERE IN SAN FRANCISCO! FUCK IT!"

"WHY? WHY! IS IT BECAUSE OF A GUY YOU MET ON TOUR? IS HE IN A BAND TOO, HUH?"

"YES DAD, YES. HIS NAME IS GARRETT. I LOVE HIM AND HE LOVES ME TOO. HE EVEN CAME HERE WITH ME ALONG WITH HIS BAND SO DID MY BAND. SO DAD CAN YOU JUST STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT ALL THIS?"

"A GUY, HUH? WELL FUCK HIM! I WON'T STOP UNLESS YOU STAY HERE"

"JUST STOP! NO DAD NO. WHATEVER. I'M LEAVING THIS HOUSE NOW AND I'M STAYING IN THE HOTEL"

"OKAY THEN. GO AHEAD AND LEAVE!"

"YEAH! YOU'LL SEE ME FOR THE LAST TIME TOMORROW AT MOM'S FUNERAL!"

After that, I went straight to my room and got my stuff and left. Oh my god. I'm starting to hate my dad. I mean, why does he have to shout at me just because I'm in a goddamn band? He even got madder when I told him about Garrett. Oh God. San Francisco, why?

I called Garrett and told him to wait for me at the hotel lobby since I was staying there instead. I was literally crying while driving. It was a good thing I didn't get into an accident or something because that'd be a really bad thing.

********************************************************************************
When I arrived at the hotel, Garrett was at the lobby waiting for me with a big smile on his face. I smiled back. I parked the car and ran to him and gave him a big hug and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey, what happened?", he asked with a worried expression on his face.

"My dad and I fought. He wanted me to stay here and I told him I didn't want to and he got extremely mad.", I said.

"Oh. Well too bad his daughter doesn't want to stay here", he said jokingly then laughed.

I laughed along with him because it's been a real stressful day.

We rode the elevator on our way to the 10th floor and headed to our room. To my surprise, Kennedy, John and Pat were sleeping soundly. Patricia, Josh and Russell were talking by the coffee table near the tv. They were laughing and I don't know, they all seem happy.

"Oh yeah, Julia, have you heard the news?", Garrett asked.

"Wait, what news?", I asked.

"You know? The one about Kennedy and Patricia?", he replied.

"Oh my god. No, I haven't!", I said.

"Oh well, you'll find out soon!", he said.

"What? TELL ME!" I replied.

"No, I won't", he said while laughing.

"Oh fine. I'm asking Patricia then.", I said.

"Well, she won't tell you either!", he said laughing even harder.

I actually think Patricia is dating Kennedy. Well, I don't know. Maybe she really is. I mean like really they look like they have been dating since the first day they met. Joke but really.

I was trying to forget about everything that happened earlier then I got a text from my dad saying he was sorry! Oh god. I know it's just a stupid excuse so that I'll go back and stay here in San Francisco for good. NO WAY.

*******************************************************************************
The next day, I dressed up for my mom's funeral and so did the others. We all wore black. I didn't want to see my dad. I don't even want to see my relatives. But I have no choice.

The moment we arrived at the funeral, everything was already messed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long before I posted this :(