It All Started With A Smile

Chapter Nine

The moment we arrived at my mom's funeral, my dad immediately went crazy. I didn't know how to react anymore! My old so-called friends were there too, all my relatives and my ex-boyfriends. MY EX-BOYFRIENDS. Goddammit. I hate everything. I want to leave right now. I mean, my dad was like shouting at me saying things like, "fuck it, why do you have to bring your friends along?" and "can't you just come here alone? What the fuck, Julia! What the fuck!". I just didn't mind him. I sat somewhere instead.

"Your dad's pretty tough. I didn't expect it at all.", Pat said.

"Yeah. He wasn't like that before. He was once a very busy man", I replied.

We all talked about my family and my old friends and everything went great. My relatives, so-called friends and my dad were all looking at us as if we were all complete strangers who just barged in a private funeral. Or maybe they're wondering why I'm sitting next to Garrett and holding hands with him. I don't really care what they think about him or any of us right here. I guess I'm just happy I went to Arizona and met these guys. I don't even get why I went back here to San Francisco. Well, all's well since they came with me.

After about 30 minutes, my relatives approached me and I introduced the guys to them. They weren't like my dad who was so goddamn aggressive. They were all......chill, I guess. Maybe they're hypocrites. Well, I do think they are. Anyway, my so-called friends were at the other side of the room, probably talking about us. I don't know, I just think so. They keep looking at us in between their conversations. I saw one of them staring at John then the other was staring at Kennedy. Oh, I'm not letting them flirt with these two guys right here! I mean, they are both single but still, no! Oh wait... I just realized it now. Kennedy and Patricia are dating! Man, I'm so blind. Now he's not single. But oh my god, they cannot just flirt with any of these guys. They're probably gonna approach us any time now and just use their "sweet voice" to lure these guys. Oh those promiscuous girls. I don't know what to do anymore.

******************************************************************************
We've been here for an hour now and I'm glad no one else approached us. I didn't feel like talking to anyone from San Francisco. Then, I guess the hour just ended and the promiscuous girls approached us. Oh, I hate them. I have always hated them. All they do is sleep with numerous guys and that's all. Like I said, promiscuous.

"Hey Julia. Do you mind introducing us to your friends?", Cleo said while approaching us. Oh, there were a lot of other girls behind her alright. They were probably 5, I think.

"Well actually, I do mind. So back off or I'll kick your stupid asses, sluts.", I said.

"Oh come on! Just introduce us!", she forced.

"Fuck it. I said no! Bitch. Cleo, get the fuck out. I don't want to talk to you or anyone from San Francisco", I replied.

"Chill! If you don't want to introduce us then I'll in--", she said.

"I SAID NO! CAN YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP? I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE, CLEO! YOU HAVE TURNED INTO A COMPLETE SLUT!", I shouted.

"WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? SOMEONE FAMOUS? OH, PLEASE!", she shouted back.

"WELL YES. I AM INDEED SOMEONE FAMOUS. I PLAY IN A BAND AND I TOUR WITH OTHER BANDS TOO. REMEMBER THOSE TIMES WHEN WE USED TO FANGIRL OVER BANDS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AND I SAID I'M GONNA BE PART OF A BAND AND TOUR? WELL, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!", I replied.

"THAT WAS THE OLD ME. BY FAMOUS I MEANT LIKE BRITNEY SPEARS OR SOMETHING. WHATEVER! YOU AR--", she said then I punched her right in the face.

Well, that caught everyone's attention, alright. I mean, they all went like, "Oh my god" or "Julia what did you do?" and then from behind I heard someone say something like "ooh she's a tough one". I looked behind me and the guys looked shocked and stunned at the same time. Their mouths were open and their eyes were wide. They could just stare at me like that all day but I didn't let them when I said, "We have to leave".

"Wait what? I'm sorry.. I think I was....paralyzed?", John said.

"What the fuck", I said while letting out a nervous laugh.

Everyone's eyes were on me. I said an apology and I told them I had to leave because this place was just too much for me.

****************************************************************************
"I re-booked our flight. We're leaving tomorrow", I said while driving the car on the way to the hotel.

"Oh, well that's fine with us. We don't like it that much here, anyway.", Josh said.

"That's good to hear, I guess.", I replied and sighed in relief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay another chapter that isn't really meant to be long. Gonna post the next chapter when I'm done with the draft!

Basically, this chapter is all about the things that happened in the funeral. Well, okay. That's all!