Status: I need motivation! Someone send me ideas, character names! xoxo

Avery And The Wolves

The Chosen One

I blinked twice and turned to face the rising crowd.
"I'm supposed to save all of you?" I asked them slowly. Yolanda bobbed up and down; I took that as a yes.
I didn't know whether to laugh or run screaming away from them. But then I looked down at Nate and his childlike belief in me made me strong, I would do this, for him.

"Come with me," Joshua said and started to walk with Yolanda into the hidden village. The crowd started to fade but whenever a native caught my eye he or she would give me a small smile or bow ever so slightly.

We reached a small hut and he ushered Nate and I in, I was soon faced with three ancient looking people.

"Meet the Elders, Elders meet the Chosen," he introduced us.
The first one stood, she was old with fierce amber eyes and silver blonde hair, "Hello Avery, I am Vera, this is Opal," she motioned to the older looking lady with grey eyes and nice smile, "And this is Lucile," she pointed to the man on her left. They kinda ignored Nate.

"This is Nathaniel," I said. They nodded.
"We know him," Lucile said, "But you are what we are concerned with."
"How am I supposed to save everyone?" I asked.
"There is the Prophecy," began Opal, "There is the word that a young girl or both Panther and Wolf will bring peace to the Shifter world."

I sat down and pulled Nate into my lap as she threw some dust into the fire that they sat around. Joshua leaned casually at the entrance listening intently.

"There once was a great battle among all races of the shifters because of who would lead them," she continued in a trance-like voice, "The panthers wanted a panther prince and the lions wanted the queen to be a lioness and so on with the others. The top three contenders were the lions, tigers and panthers because they were the strongest and most in number. That is why today there are hardly any shifters that can turn into snakes, birds or water creatures; they all got killed out or are now hidden. Hybrids came into existence by a beautiful Tigress who was trying to make a point; she slept with a Panther and had 3 sons for him. All of which could shift into anything they pleased. More wars, more hybrids were born. The Prophet elders said that the hybrid child will unite us all; she will come with her wolf prince and winged child immortal. You fit that profile my dear, you will lead us into peace."

"How?"
"By facing off with the deceiver," she said.
I gave her a blank look.
"The white tiger."

I gasped; the man who killed my mother, the man who was trying to kill me. I was going to have to kill him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry loves; French, Biology and Literature finals have kept me quite busy.