‹ Prequel: We Are Young
Sequel: The Motto

Secrets

Jill

Jill watched as Zack laughed with all his friends. “I’m such an ass hole” she said to herself. “I drove him away and I have no one to talk to” Maria didn’t say a word. She couldn’t, what would she talk about? The fact that she was dating Zack now? “he’s the only one who knows what happened to me with Christian, it still haunts me, and he helped me through it”

“I don’t know what to say. Maybe you could try to be friends with him again”

“No” Jill said immediately. “I want him to at least get some happiness out of all of this. Maybe he can find a nice new girlfriend. As long as she’s not Lauren Perry I don’t care who she is” Maria smiled. “God, I’m such a dumb ass!”

“I thought you like Steve?” Maria asked.

“Oh I do, but if it doesn’t work out then it’ll be for nothing”



“It makes me more depressed everytime I look at him. It’s like he’s getting happier but I have no idea why, he’s not dating anyone and he’s not getting fucked by anyone” that was a lie, Maria thought. Jill sighed. “Why is he so happy?”

“Maybe he’s trying” Maria said. “Just forget about him and try to have fun. We used to party before Zack, and get shit faced?”

“I hate doing that now”

It was almost like Maria and Jill were drifting apart. By the time Jill found out about Zaria, they wouldn’t be friends anymore.

“Partying is for fools, our education is truly our future” Jill said. “I can barely say that with a straight face but it’s true. You know what, you are right, I’ll think about something else, my future” she smiled. “Thanks” Maria sighed. Jill left the lunch table.

Zack sat at the table for a quick second. “Hey baby” he said. Maria smiled.

“Hey” she muttered.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s Jill, I hate keeping this all a secret” she admitted. “I’m going to destroy are friendship”

“Once we’ve been dating for long enough and she gets over me we’ll tell people” Zack said. “It’s only temporary” Maria smiled.



Jill walked into pre-calc fourth period like always, she smirked at Steve as she walked by. Steve smiled politely back.

“Hey” she started.

“Hey” he said simply, having no idea where to go next. He wasn’t that good with girls when he was in a relationship. He thought talking to other girls was cheating.

“I like that color on you. Purple brings out your eyes” she said. Steve blushed.

“Thanks, purple is Kaya’s favorite color. She wears it all the time, I make it a coincidence when we match” Jill tried to look interested even though mentioning Kaya was a total turn off.

“What’s your favorite color?”

“Maroon, weird huh, since it’s our school color”

“Not really, I can picture it on you” Jill smirked. Steve automatically knew he was being hit on, and it was awkward.

Kaya walked in. She didn’t see Jill as a threat, she thought they could be friends still after all they’ve been through.

“If you wear darker colors it’ll bring out your eyes” Jill said, purposely in front of Kaya. Kaya didn’t think anything of it until Jill leaned on Steve’s desk. ‘You’re so attractive, it would be a shame if someone stole him away”

“Ok, get the fuck off his desk” Kaya gently pushed Jill away. “Don’t talk to him anymore”

Jill gave her a look. “You can’t stop me from talking to someone”

“Yeah I can”

“Yeah she can” Steve added.

“You must have a very low self-esteem if you’re chasing after someone’s taken boyfriend” Kaya said. “I thought we could be friends, but you’re still a selfish cunt”

Jill pushed Kaya onto the ground. Jayden and Steve watched in terror.

“Dude do something!” Jayden exclaimed.

“What do I do?” Steve asked. Jayden got inbetween the fight. She pulled Jill off of Kaya.

“Calm down you pretentious headfuck” she said to Jill. “This is math not female fight club” Jill took a minute to regain her composure.

“Dude, you totally kicked her ass” Steve told Kaya. Kaya rolled her eyes.

“Now I have no idea what the fuck you guys were fighting about, I just don’t approve” Jayden said. “Fighting in high school is stupid. When we are dying and senile one day we won’t even remember what we were fighting about” she explained.

Jill rushed out of the class room, Steve had to follow her. “Jill!” he called. Jill turned around slowly, expecting to be kissed on the lips or something. He was obviously confessing his love for her. “I just want to make things clear…I don’t like you like that. You’re very nice and you’re pretty, but I’m in love with Kaya. I’m sorry” Steve didn’t wait for a response, he went back into the class room. Jill wanted to drop down and cry.

She’s a fighter.



Maria avoided the tree branches and bushes on the way to the party. “I thought you didn’t want to party like this”

“Well I need to keep myself occupied” Jill said. “I want to get so fucked up I don’t even remember why I was so upset” she said. she took a deep breath in and out. “I just want to forget about everything”

“What happened today?” Maria asked.

“Nothing” Jill spat. Maria sighed. Their relationship wasn’t improving much.

Jill held herself, she just wanted to forget.

Let’s just say, she got drunk out of her mind. She couldn’t even feel her feet and walk properly. She needed Maria to hold her up like always, but Maria was off in the woods with Zack.

Jill made her way up the path to get back to her car. Some random kid came up behind her.

“Hey Jill” he started. “Where you going?”

“Home, thank you” Jill said. she stumbled and fell to the ground. The random stranger helped her up. Jill looked into his eyes, he looked familiar, but definitely not a kid from their school. “Thanks” she said. she continued up the slight hill through the graves. The boy continued to follow her.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay?” the boy asked.

“I’m sure” she slurred. Jill grabbed onto a grave for support, that’s when the boy knew to attack.

The boy came from behind her and held her waist. He kissed her collar bone up her neck up to her cheek.

“Stop!” Jill protested. She kicked and punched and tried to push her way out of the situation but he was two times her tiny size. The boy pulled Jill to the ground. He pinned her to the ground and kissed her. He moved his fingers up her shirt and squeezed her breasts. “STOP!” She screamed. The boy kissed her to keep her from yelling.

Christian watched this all happen from about 50 feet away. He immediately remembered what he did to her a year ago. She truly deserved a heroic rescue from him.

Christian sprinted over to the scene, pulled the random boy and threw him up against a grave where he smashed his head. Christian helped Jill to her feet and held her.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Um…um…yeah…um…I think so”

“It’s okay now” Christian took off his hoody and gave it to her. “I’ll give you a ride home” he said. Jill’s head was racing from what happened, she just nodded like a fool.