Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

Drifting Farther Every Day

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"Hey Brett." I answered my phone as put away the groceries I had just bought.

"Ronnie, I have good news." I grinned.

"We're playing warped?"

"How did you know?" My grin grew even wider at the shock in his voice.

"I guessed, but you kind of gave it away anyway." I laughed and he did as well.

"Yeah, you guys are headlining." He replied.

"Sweet. Can't wait." I nodded as Charlie, my pit bull walked into the kitchen and sat by his food bowl impatiently.

"Call me back with the details. I gotta go." I sighed jokingly.

"Alright, talk to you later."

"Uh huh." I tapped the screen of my iPhone, ending the call.

I fed Charlie, finished putting away the food, and decided to just relax for the rest of the day, having already called Jacky, Derek, Ryan, and Ron about warped.

"Ronnie?" I heard Sally, my girlfriend call to me from our bedroom. "I need some help."

"Alright babe." I got up from the couch and walked into the room, to find her standing in front of the closet, holding her dress up with her back to me.

"Can you zip me up?" She smiled and I nodded.

I pulled the zipper up on her white dress and leaned down to give my tiny girlfriend a kiss. She really was small, about 5'3. She smiled a bright smile and thanked me.

"Going out?" I asked as I walked across the room to the dressed to find a pair of basketball shorts and a T-shirt.

"Yeah." She nodded, touching up her make-up in the closet mirror as I changed. "Out with the girls."

"Have fun." I pecked her cheek as she grabbed her clutch and slipped into her heels. I sighed when he left the room. There were some things I just didn't understand. Why did women wear high heels if they knew their feet would be in pain by the time they were out the door?

Alexandria never wore heels

My eyes widened at my thoughts. No matter how hard I tried to stop it, all my thoughts came to her. I found myself comparing Sally to her all the time, even though they were completely different in every way. It confused me. I've been with Sally longer, shouldn't I be comparing other women to her?

But I don't.

I would never tell anyone this, but I think about Lex constantly. From what Jacky has told me, she's still back home in Philadelphia. Her new album just came out and honestly, it's amazingly great. Skyline is probably as popular as my band, within half the time too.

I wonder if she's happy. I sighed again, looking over my tired face in the mirror of my dresser. She doesn't have a personal twitter, but sometimes goes on the band's to reply to fans. I smiled at the thought. She was a great person, there was no denying that. She could be a bit rough around the edges, had a temper, was kinda crazy, but amazing none the less.

Sometimes I do wonder, even if she's on the other side of the country, does she still wonder about me?

Mattie's P.O.V.

"Hey, I'm picking up the guys now, they're bringing their girlfriends." I said to Lex as soon as she picked up her phone.

"Alright, if you don't have money on you for booze, just ask Jess and I'll pay him back when you guys get here." She replied as I started my car.

"I'll just hit a wawa for an ATM on the way. They're probably going to invite some people, I'll just let them know to bring shit too." I lit up a cigarette and rolled down my window as I drove down Torresdale Avenue, trying to look out for any cops. I didn't exactly want a ticket for being on the phone.

"No problem. I'll let you go, since you're driving."

"Alright. I'll see you in like fifteen minutes."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I ended the call and made a right on a tiny side street and followed it for two blocks until I was out front of Jesse's.

"What's up, dude?" Jesse greeted as he hopped into the front seat. Amy, his girlfriend jumped into the back seat next to Dylan, and his girl Courtney.

"The fucking sky." I laughed and Jesse just shook his head.

"Stoked for warped tour?" Dylan leaned up from the back so that that he was in between Jesse and I, and stole one of my cigarettes.

"Who isn't?" Jesse grinned and fixed his poison shirt, getting money out of the wallet attached to his gray skinnies by a chain.

"I can't think of anyone." Dylan smiled and kissed Courtney on the cheek. I frowned inwardly, wishing I could have something like that

It seemed as if everyone was in a relationship that was picture fucking perfect. Well, except for Lex and I. I never really got involved with girls beyond the bedroom. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a whore, I just don't think it's right to be in a relationship with someone if I'm not gonna give it my all.

Lex, on the other hand, is just... a magnet for assholes. I'm not just saying this because I care about her, but she really does know how to pick 'em. I tuned out the chatting that was going on between everyone else in the car on our way to the liquor store.

We grabbed bottles of vodka, rum, tequila, and even some wine for the Courtney and Amy, they weren't big drinkers. We paid, got back in the car, and headed back to Lex's neighborhood. I pulled up in front of the mustang it took her so long to save up for and we got out.

As we walked up the steps to her front porch, I braced myself for the long night we had ahead of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
9 readers, 6 subs, & three comments on the first chapter? Well, don't I feel fucking awesome.