Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

You Told Me Think About It, Well I Did

Lex's P.O.V. (Two days later)

"Ugh." I groaned, which came out more like a raspy moan. I struggled against the harsh, blinding, bright lights. I felt a stabbing sensation in my rib cage, but ignored it, and tried to sit up as my eyes attempted to open fully.

"L-Lex! Oh my g-god!" A familiar raspy masculine voice startled me from inches away.

"R-Ronnie?" I asked, using my voice as much as I could, and it still came out as just above a whisper. "Fuck." I groaned again, trying to sit up but failing, and instead slumping quickly against the pillows behind me. From the sights around me, I gathered that I was in a hospital room. And from the sight of Ronnie, he looked like he should've been too.

His eyes were bloodshot and became glassy as he yawned, and there were bags under them. They were completely makeup free. His raven layers of hair were sticking up in every direction. He looked worried as he placed a slightly shaky hand on my shoulder to gently keep me down as I held my pain ridden side.

I didn't even bother to ask what happened as the memories of the cause of my injury flooded back instantly. It's not like I got punched in the head, although I'd believe by the way it was aching.

"Are you mad at me? I mean, this is all my f-fault! Of course you're mad at m-" I couldn't take his rambling anymore so after cringing slightly as my stiff limbs, I quickly clamped the hand that wasn't wrapped in a light cast over his mouth. His big brown eyes went wide as I put my face close to his and brought his down closer to me.

"Don't worry about it, Ronnie. You're forgiven." I sighed and let go. He sat back down in the chair next to my bed and took the hand I removed from his face and laced his larger tattooed fingers with mine. I jumped slightly at the sudden contact before looking at his solemn expression as he stared at the floor.

"How long have I been out?" I questioned quietly, pulling the thin white blanket up to my chest with my other hand, and ignoring the pain that instantly gripped my entire left arm.

"Two days." He said softly, looking back up at me. "Everyone's been here as much as possible. A Day To Remember, Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, and your brother's band, as well as mine dedicated the sets we did to you. There's only been one since all this happened, and the buses won't be heading out until tomorrow night." I nodded, feeling almost guilty about all this. He swallowed thickly and looked me in the eyes. "I only left to do my set, which I was forced to. I've been here the entire time, so has everyone else." I squeezed his hand and thanked him.

"Where's everyone else?" I looked around, seeing as we were the only two living things making noise.

"Well," he sighed, letting go of my hand to pull his phone out of his black hoodie. "It's midnight. They probably all went to go shower, change, and eat. They'll probably be back by morning." I nodded, using the hand he released to fix my messy hair.

"You look like you could use a break." I offered, but he quickly shook his head and told me no. I sighed again. "I'm guessing I have some broken ribs?" He nodded and started listing off other injuries that the doctor, who I hadn't even seen yet, previously told him about.

"Holy fucking shit. I really fucked myself up, didn't I?" My eyes widened and Ronnie laughed at my choice of words before I realized something. "Your girlfriend isn't mad at you for being here? Or for me pretty much breaking her face?" A smile on voice at the last part.

"Well, she probably would be, if she was still my girlfriend." He laughed softly. "She broke up with me over the phone before I even told her I was here. It was for the best part anyway. She started all this," he motioned to me with his hand. "God only knows how much more damage she would've caused if she stuck around. I probably would've resented her for putting you in this situation anyway." I smiled and quickly apologized, but he brushed me off and shook his head.

"Thank you, Ronnie." I said softly and looked at him. A smile spread on his lips as he spoke again.

"You're supposed to protect the people you care about." His eyes became glassy and he cleared his throat. "We weren't sure if you were going to make it. There was a lot of internal bleeding and stuff, so everyone's gonna be stoked when they find out you're up." I smiled and blinked my glassy eyes before tugging on the sleeve of his hoodie. He looked back up at me, silently questioning me.

I reached my arms up and I guess he got the message, because he sat on the bed, exposing his white skinny jeans to me. Making me smile.

This man has the weirdest style, ever.

I reached my arms up and wrapped them around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder, facing his colorfully inked up neck. His smell almost brought tears to my eyes, and I assumed he felt the same, because I heard a sniffle and felt a warm tear drop onto my back as he gently wrapped his arms around me. We didn't pull away after a few seconds, and I found myself not wanting to.

"I'm fine now." My voice wavered as I felt a tear run down my right cheek.

"I know, but I was so worried that I was going to lose you, again." He paused before the last part, his voice was muffled against my hair.

More tears slid down my cheeks as I nuzzled my head against his stubbly jawline and kissed it. He kissed the side of my head and breathed in a shaky breath before I tightened my arms around him.

"You ain't gonna loose shit." I said into neck, and felt his chest vibrate with laughter at my words. I laughed a little as well, and we pulled away just enough so that we our noses were almost touching, but our arms stayed where they were.

I felt his shaky breathing on my lips, and looked up into his chocolate eyes to see more tears threatening to spill. I reached the hand that didn't have a cast on it to wipe them away, lightly running my hand over the tear drop tattoo as I placed my hand on the back of his neck. My eyes were slightly blurry from my own tears, but I blinked them back before he spoke again.

"Promise?" He asked me softly. I nodded, not trusting my voice to speak normally. "You really forgive me?" His voice cracked slightly and I nodded again.

"For everything." I replied. He smiled slightly, and moved his right hand so that it was on the back of my neck.

"Everything?" He asked lowly, his eyes slipping shut as he turned his head slightly so our noses wouldn't touch while we leaned forward.

"Everything." I whispered, before our lips pressed together. More tears slipped down my cheeks as our lips moved softly together for the first time in years. My heart pounded against the bones in my chest as he gently pulled me closer to his own, and I moved my non-casted hand into his soft, messy hair.

Ronnie's arms tightened slightly around me and I leaned into him, giving him what he wanted. The frustration and sadness I had felt for him seemed to melt away as our lips moved together and I felt exhilaration at the thought of possibly having this forever. We pulled away and he leaned his forhead against mine, his black hair blending with my blonde. We smiled and stared at each other as we caught our breath from the long kiss. Right before our lips pressed together for a second time, voices outside the door made us both freeze.

Ronnie turned around and we stared out of the window outlooking the hallway to sees my band, Ronnie's band, and my brother's, who I hadn't seen in years.

"Woooooooooo!" Ryan cheered, throwing his arms up.

"Finally!" Dylan followed up, clapping his hands. Everyone else was quiet, or talking to each other. Jacky was smiling warmly at us, with his arms crossed over his chest. Jesse was doing the same once Jacky nodded at us.

Mattie, however was not.

My heart dropped into my stomach as I saw his emotionless eyes and I knew that he was probably upset. He was glaring like I expected him to, but he wasn't exactly happy looking either.

I covered up my frown with a smile as Ronnie turned his head back to face me right before the door opened, spilling in family and friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to assume most of my readers are going to be very fucking happy. I've said it before. I aim to please. <3
I only had two comments on the last chapter :(