Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

We Kiss We Make Up

Lex's P.O.V.

"Do I really have to do this? I mean it's not too late, I could walk right back to-"

"Yes Mattie. You do." I smiled as I cut him off, swinging the front door of my childhood home open and stepping in. I held the screen door open for him behind me, letting him shut the front door. The sudden sound caught Ronnie's attention, and he sat up from where he was laying on the sectional with Duke, his eyes lighting up slightly at seeing me smiling.

"Hey." He said slightly confused as Mattie and I sat down across from him.

"Hey." I smiled at his appearance of a white gray T-shirt and black basketball shorts, his hair was messy and his eyes were tired. I frowned slightly, he must've dozed off and we had woken him up.

"So," I took a deep breath and patted Mattie's knee and glanced at the nervous boy before continuing. Ronnie stared at us intently. "When I left, I walked over to the park and met up with Mattie, since I knew you'd be wondering." My boyfriend nodded slowly and I smiled. "And we had a pretty long talk, about everything."

"Like what?" Ronnie asked softly. "If you don't mind me asking."

"No, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up." I reached across the coffee table and grabbed his hand, lacing our fingers together.

"Ronnie, I love you more than anything, and things might be going a little bit faster than we expected..." I motioned to my abdomen with my free hand. "And I have to admit that I'm scared fucking shitless." I sighed and bit my lip. "I know that you guys don't like eachother..." I felt myself tear up, the bravery the alcohol had given me fading and the fear from the possibilities of my future hitting me again. "But if things are going to be the way we think they are, you're going to have to find some way to get the hell along. You're both very important parts of my life, and you ain't gonna be at eachother's throats forever, especially if there's gonna be a kid around. I'm not asking for you to hold hands, just to be nice." They both sighed and I rolled my eyes. "It sucks that one of my bestfriends and my boyfriend can't stand to be around eachother because of some stupid shit that had more to do with me than either of you! I got over it! It's your turn!" I let you of Ronnie's hand and stood up, motioning between them. "Now be men and shake hands." They looked up at me before glancing at eachother. I inhaled loudly, letting them know I was getting irritated.

Ronnie and Mattie slowly reached across the table, looking at eachother hesitantly before grabbing eachothers' hand and shaking awkwardly. They let go and nodded at eachother. I rolled my eyes again.

"Sorry for punching you that one time..." Mattie trailed off, stratching the back of his head and looking down.

"Sorry for slamming you into the dresser." Ronnie sighed and did the same.

"I shouldn't have called ya all those names, I thought I was looking out for Lex, but I guess I just fucked it up even more. You're not that bad of guy, Ron." Mattie said awkwardly. I smiled at him.

"I shouldn't have been a dick to you because I was jealous. I guess I was just as wrong. We should probably put everything in the past where it belongs, Matt." I smiled at them, getting the feeling that even though they had been doing this to make me happy at first, the apologies were sincere.

Ronnie and Mattie shook hands again, this time less awkwardly and I grinned. A few seconds later, I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket and pulled out before answering it quickly. I stepped out of the room, leaving the men to finish making up.

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"I wonder what that was about." I said quietly as Lex left the room quickly with her phone pressed to her face.

"Might be the hospital." Mattie replied, lighting a cigarette and taking a drag.

"Probably. I think he's supposed to be home tomorrow." I nodded and ran my hand through my messy hair. I hadn't even bothered to comb it after I got out of the pool. Luckily, this conversation hadn't been going as awkwardly as I thought it would.

"Hopefully. Lex will probably wanna see him and talk to him, and we have to go back to the buses by the evening to finish up the tour." Mattie kind of sounded exasperated at the last part, most likely just tired from touring all summer, not to mention all the drama that came with it.

"It's over already." I said solemnly.

"Yeah, it seems like a blur." We both nodded as if it were something like burying a dead pet, in our case it was pretty much the same.

"Hey." Alexandria came back into the room from the hallway, beaming brightly at us both.

"What's up?" Mattie asked as Lex sat down next to me before kicking off her shoes and curling up in between my side and the back of the sectional.

"Dad's comin' home in the morning." She smiled even brighter giving the news and I kissed her forehead.

"I'm happy he's alright. We were all pretty scared for a while." Mattie said seriously.

Lex and I nodded at his words, grateful that the man she loved and looked up to so much, was going to be okay.

"I think I'm gonna head out. I'm tired as shit." Mattie stood up and stretched. "Better pack your shit. No time for homesickness now, we'll be back in less than two weeks." He smiled at Lex, who just smiled and waved. My sleepy looking girlfriend didn't give any indication of getting up, so I stood and followed him to the door and let him out.

"See ya tomorrow." Mattie waved over his shoulder and walked over to his car.

"Bye dude." I waved as he pulled off before shutting the front door and locking it. I turned back to Alexandria, who looked like she was dozing off. I smiled at her and shook my hair out of my eyes before walking over to her and picked her up. She stirred slightly in my arms before looking up at me through half lidded eyes as I walked up the steps and down the hallway to her bedroom.

I heard her yawn and rub her eyes as I pushed the door open with my feet, before entering and shutting it with my back. I really couldn't describe the feeling I got when I gently laid her down and she looked up at me, smiling lovingly and stretching out with open arms for me to join her.

I laughed slightly and took my t-shirt off and she stripped out of her tight jeans, leaving her in her Poison shirt and little green boyshorts. I crawled in bed beside her and pulled her black comforter up to our shoulders. I pressed my chest against her back and nuzzled her hair before putting my hand on her stomach. I found myself silently praying for everything I was worth that there could be a baby in there.

"G'night Ronnie. I love you." Alexandria mumbled sleeping into her pillow.

"Sweetdreams, babe. I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks becca65 and thatscalledyes for commenting. I thinking this lovey-dovey chapter was what that story need with all the turmoil so far. Thoughts? Comments make the fictional world go 'round (: