Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

And The Devil Himself Could Be Pulled Out Of Me

Lex's P.O.V.

About an hour later, I was done with my crying, and finally decided to shut my phone off. We all sat in the living room, staring at each other in silence.

"Well..." Jesse sighed. I looked up at him. "I gotta call earlier from Jimmy. Some shit went down with one of the dealers, and apparently he said there were people watching the house." He shrugged again when I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course shit pops off when we leave. Of fucking course." Mattie grumbled. Damn he was in a bad mood tonight.

"Anyway," He glared at Mattie for interrupting him. "I gotta go home and make sure everything's alright." I blinked and felt my heart speed up with every word. "I'm gonna fly back tonight, and probably end up comin' back tomorrow or the next day. I really don't feel like it but-"

"You have to." I cut him off in a robotic tone. Jesse just frowned at me. "And I'm goin' with you." Everyone stared at me with wide eyes, shocked at my statement.

"Lex, you can't... Ronnie-"

"No. You said it was only for a day or two anyway. I'm goin'." I stood up as well, staring at them, challenging them to argue.

"Fine. Fine." Jesse shook his head. "Maybe it'll make you feel better. Just tell Ronnie. He ain't chewin' me out for this shit when he gets back." He sighed again in defeat as we walked towards the door. We turned back over our shoulders to give our goodbyes, out friends still in slight shock.

"Lex!" Mattie stood up, taking a deep breath as I turned back to face him in the doorway of his apartment.

"Yeah?" I asked as Jesse walked over to his car.

"Maybe you shouldn't go." He mumbled, stepping out and closing the door with a dozing Dylan on the couch.

"Why not?" I tilted my head and sighed.

"Did you not hear him just now?" He flailed his arms slightly. I crossed mine and raised my eyebrows. "He was talkin' about dealers and shit goin' down!" Mattie whisper-yelled. "If Ronnie finds out..." He stopped and ran a hand through his hair.

"If Ronnie finds out what? Think he'll actually drop that bitch and fly home?" I replied coldly.

"You don't know that he's doing anything with her! She could be just a friend." He exclaimed.

"That's not the God damn point!" I stomped my foot onto the concrete and balled my fists. Jesse opened his car door and watched us, making sure I was okay. Mattie looked slightly taken back.

"Then what is?" He asked softly, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"That he can go hang out with whoever he wants and do whatever he wants with them! I'm stuck here with Max most of the time! I love him, but I wanna go out. Right now, I want my dad, my house, my God damn dog! Just for the day, I news a break! I'm not leaving him! I couldn't." I calmed down towards the end and looked down, upset. "I'm just so confused, Mattie... is it supposed to be this hard? We've only been married for like what...? A month?" I mumbled and glanced back at Jesse, a subtle signal to let him know I was aware that he was waiting, patiently at that.

"I know, Lex. I know you love him. I've seen the way he looks at you." He grit out. I smiled sadly before kissing his cheek. "Here." He unzipped his tight gray Metallica King Nothing hoodie and put it around my shoulders. "I left it in the dryer too long. It's colder back in Philly. It's only September, but you know." He shrugged and zippered it halfway. I went to turn away, but felt a tug on my wrist. I turned back to have Mattie press his lips to my forhead before shoving me lightly towards Jesse.

"Be careful," He waved at us. "All three of you!" I waved back, lingering a bit and staring back at him before getting into the passenger's seat in Jesse's rental. He glanced at me as he pulled out of the moderately sized parking lot.

On our way to L.A.X., Jesse reached across my lap and into the glove compartment, pulling out a pack of Newports and a lighter. I eyed him strangely.

"Didn't you quit?"

"You really gonna bust my balls about a 'port?" He smirked as he lit the cancer stick.

"No. I'm actually jealous." I grumbled, looking out of the open window at the unfamiliar boulevard we were speeding down.

"But seriously. Are you sure you wanna go?" He glanced back again as we pulled into the parking lot of hell on earth that is known as L.A.X.

I stared straight ahead as he pulled the key out of the ignition, stopping the car.

"'Cause I'll take you back to Ronnie's right now, where you'll be safe." He sighed. I shook my head, getting out of the car.

"No. I'm positive. It's only for a day or two anyway. I'm gonna call Max to check on Charlie." Jesse walked around the car, slinging an arm around my shoulders as we neared the doors. We both sighed again into the night air before he spoke again.

"We're goin' home. Maybe only for a little while, with God knows what waiting for us when we get there." He smiled. I forced one back before we went through the glass doors I had become slightly familiar with over the past three years.

But this time was different.

Instead of an anxiousness to go home, I felt a tug pulling me back. My heart wasn't calling me home this time, it was pulling me back.

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"Has Lex answered you yet?" Jacky asked as we exited the studio we were currently working on our second album in.

"No." I took in a deep breath. Running a hand through my messy hair. Alexa waved from the curb where she was parked. I groaned in slight annoyance and threw my head back.

"What in the bloody hell is she doing here?" Jacky spat. I turned to look at my hostile British friend.

"I don't know. She wants to go out for lunch." I shrugged.

"She's coming with us?" Jacky asked incredulously as we walked towards her car. I nodded solemnly.

"I don't want to go. I want to talk to Alexandria." I mumbled pathetically.

"I'll try to get a hold of her. It might, just might have something to do with the tramp putting up a picture of you and her on a certain social networking site." My eyes widened and I stopped dead in my tracks and growled, we were still out of earshot of said tramp.

"What?" I asked lowly. Jacky eyed me before handing me his phone, showing me the picture of Alexa and I in my hotel room from yesterday. I frowned. If it were anyone else, I'd be worried about Lex's well being since I haven't heard from her. Now I knew exactly why she was ignoring me. Jacky glared slightly at me as he snatched his phone back.

We got into Alexa's car, and I forced a smile, really feeling like a total scumbag on the inside. She flashed a grin and said hello to Jacky before pulling of to the restaurant we'd be meeting my band at. I tried calling my wife again, for probably for at least the millionth time, hearing her voicemail as many times as before. I frowned and rubbed my eyes before Jacky leaned forward, his phone vibrating in his grasp. I couldn't see the caller I.d., but I knew someone was calling him.

"Ronnie." He bit out, completely ignoring the girl driving. "It's your wife."
♠ ♠ ♠
.__.