Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

I Hate This Town, It's So Washed Up

Lex's P.O.V.

It was almost sunrise by the time Jesse and I were exiting Northeast Philadelphia airport, and it took half the time too... probably since we didn't bring anything with us.

"What did Max say?" Jesse yawned, stretching his arms above his head as we walked out of the doors.

"He said, and I quote..." I paused and rolled my eyes. "It's a little too late to run off now! You're stuck for life!" Jesse laughed and shook his head as we stood on the curb, waiting for our cab.

"I wasn't aware that I was stuck." I muttered.

"Do you feel stuck?" He asked me.

"Nope." I replied, pulling out my phone.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I put the device to my ear.

"Calling Jacky." I shrugged and stuffed my hands into the pockets of my track pants, kitting an empty soda can that was laying on the sidewalk as I waited for him to pick up. Jesse sighed and sat on the curb.

"Hello?

"Yo, you with Ronnie?" I stared at Jesse as I waited for my response.

"Yeah, he's right here. Wanna talk to him?" I could just about hear the cringe in his voice when a female voice giggled. I smirked evily and tapped my screen, setting it on speakerphone so Jesse could hear.

"Yeah, but could do me a favor, Jacky?" I asked in a sickly-sweet voice that sounded out of place compared to my normally monotonous one.

"Uhhh. Yeah. Hold on a sec." I heard him hesitate and snicker before he told me he put me on speaker phone.

"Ronnie?" I asked softly, grinning at Jesse, hoping the ugly skank heard me loud and clear.

"Lex? Babe? Is everything alright? You haven't been answering me." I smirked even wider when I heard the female voice completely disappear and the phone being shuffled around when he grabbed it.

"Yeah everything's fine. Fan-fucking-tastic." I giggled. "I didn't want to bother you and your new friend." My voice instantly changed back and I saw Jesse choke on his cigarette out of the corner of my eye and start to laugh.

"Alexandria. You could never bother me, no matter who I'm with. You're more important than anything or anyone else. I miss you babe." I heard the sadness in his voice and smiled, it was genuine this time.

More important than anyone or anything else, hope you heard that, you little bitch.

"I miss you too." I mumbled back. "You still coming home Saturday?"

"Well, duh. You think I'd be able to stay away from you any more?" I laughed again, actually happy to hear his unique voice again. "What've you been up to today?"

"Nothing." I bit my lip, signing and running a shaky hand through my hair. "Just landed in Philly." I cringed at the long pause after my reply. The sound of a rumbling engine caught my attention, and Jesse elbowed me at pointed in front of us. There, was none other then Bryan parked in front of us, waving smugly out of the window of his black trans am.

"Fuck." I muttered quietly, forgetting Ronnie was still on the other line.

"Lex? Why are you in Philly? What's going on?" I heard Ronnie getting upset. I frowned and sighed as I saw Bry get out of the car, coming over to us.

"Everything is fine, just call me off your phone whenever you're done, I have to go now. Love you." I pulled my phone away from my face and ended the call, already feeling guilty for hanging up on my husband.

"Did you seriously just bang on Ronnie?! He's gonna be pissed!" Jesse whispered harshly to me, still smiling so my approaching ex-boyfriend wouldn't ask questions.

"Shut up." I whispered back, nudging him with my elbow.

"Hey guys." Bry flashed us a grin, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his black leather jacket. "What are you doing here?"

"Whadaya mean, what are we doing here? We live here." I raised an eyebrow at the tall, tattooed boy. Jesse snickered at my rude reply and shook his hand.

"You don't." Jesse stated. I turned slowly to face him, giving him the "what the fuck is wrong with you are you retarded?!" Look. He just smiled and stuffed his hands into his denim vest.

"Since when?" Bry ignored my previous comment. I just stared at him, not really feeling compelled to answer. Jesse chuckled again
and looked at me knowingly.

"Fine." He held his hands up. "You guys need a ride? Or ya just gonna stand there waiting for a cab that probably ain't gonna show." Be smirked and walked back around his car to the driver's side.

I opened my mouth to reject his offer, but Jesse cut me off by opened the passenger's side and getting in, glancing back at me expectantly. I growled low and yanked open the door, sitting down quickly in the familiar backseat behind Jesse, letting the door shut behind me.

"Jesus Christ." Bry chuckled as he started the car, staring at me
through the rear view mirror. "You on your rag or something?"

I punched him in the arm in response. "Asshole."

"God damn." He shook his head. "We goin' to your house, Lex?"

"I wasn't aware you were coming with us." I mumbled.

"Yeah." Jesse laughed.

"So, Jimmy called me." I heard Bryan sigh as we pulled onto I-95, passing all the nice neighborhoods quickly on our way to mine.

"Yeah. Apparently everything's goin' to hell down here on my block. That's why we're here." Jesse nodded and lit a cigarette. I felt my phone vibrating in my hand, and looked down at the lit-
up screen to see that Ronnie was calling me. I didn't answer it or ignore it, instead I let it keep ringing.

"I figured as much. How long you guys gonna be here?"

"You deaf? I told you we live here." I asked him, cutting Jesse off.

"Shut up, Lex." Bryan laughed again, taking the exit closest to my house. "I know you guys haven't been around that much, so I decided to ask."

"Well," Jesse smirked back at me and grabbed my hand, shoving it in Bry's face. "That's what happens when you're off gettin' married and makin' babies" Bryan stomped on the brakes, almost causing us to smash head on into a tractor trailer. We swerved into the bike lane for a few seconds before I heard sirens blare behind us.

"What the fuck! Why the hell did you do that?!" I shouted, clutching my stomach and taking enormous breaths. "Not even back home for an hour and a fucking cop is pulling us over!"

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Bryan screeched, slamming his hands on the wheel. "This is bad. Oh God... this is baaaaaaad." He started to panic.

"Dude, all you'll get is a ticket, calm down and pull over." Jesse soothed, patting his hand on my ex-boyfriend's shoulder as we slowed the car to a stop, all the other drivers on state road speeding past us.

"Why are you freakin' out so bad? We can get out of this. I've been pulled over for drag racing down torresdale and got away with just a ticket!" I tried to calm him down as I looked out of the back window to see the cop pull up behind us. Bryan just shook his head, gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white.

"I'm holding twenty fucking bags of dope for Jimmy!" He grit out from between his teeth.

"WHAT?!?!" Jesse and I shrieked at the same time, leaning forward. My eyes just about fell out of my head as I heard the cop's door slam shut.

"He gave it to me before I dropped him off at the airport! Just in case his house got raided!" He cried, shaking his head, letting his dark brown hair fall into his face.

"Well now you're gettin' fucking raided! Jesus fuckin' Christ, Bry! You can't carry that shit on you!" I smacked the back of his leather seat in frustration. Once I saw the cop step into view, we were all silent, hearts racing in fear.

"I'm going to need you all to step out of the car, please." He raised an eyebrow, studying us all suspiciously.

Fuck my motherfucking life.

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"What happened?" Jacky asked softly as I pulled his cell phone away from my ear. Alexa's car slowed to a stop in the parking lot of the restaurant we were meeting the rest of my band at. She took the key out of the ignition, silent. Just like she had been after I got on the phone with Alexandria.

"She hung up." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, staring down at the screen of the phone. "She's in Philly." I mumbled, feeling a painful tug in my chest. I was used to this feeling by now with crazy relationship I had with my wife, and knew what it meant. This time, the feeling was much stronger. I knew exactly what I had to do.

"Hey Jacky?" I asked in a daze as we got out of the car, Alexa still observing us in silence as we stepped out onto the asphalt.

"Yeah? He asked, fixing his rumpled bandana and Mötley Crüe t-shirt with the sleeves cut off.

"We're done recording, right?" I asked quietly, staring up into the sky before spotting a billboard advertising an airport.

Damn. These things never fail.

"Your vocals are, yeah. Why?" He finished cautiously, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his ripped-up skinny jeans.

"I uh..." Squinting up at the billboard that couldn't be more perfectly placed, I trailed off. "Gotta go." I turned back around quickly to see Jacky stare at my for a moment before nodding knowingly. Alexa stood there, stuffing the car keys into her black blazer.

"Where are you going, Ronnie? I'll go with-"

"Uh, I gotta take care of this myself. By guys." I cut her off.

And with that, I took off in a sprint down towards the road, running as fast as I possibly could in my tight black skinnies. My heart pounding in my ears was almost as quick as the soles of my Vans hitting the cement beneath me. I wanted to rip my white and black DGK tank top off so bad, but decided against it as the large, intimidating airport came into view. I pulled my wallet out of my back pocket, searching desperately for my passport and cash so I could buy the ticket that would lead me to Lex as I pulled open the large glass doors. After being practically slapped in the face with cool air conditioning, I rushed through the not-so crowded airport towards the counter so I could get on a plane and get the fuck out of the clusterfuck.

As I jogged over to the counter, a brunette with tired eyes looked up and smiled at me. "How can I help you, sir?"

"One way non-stop ticket to Philadelphia." I replied in between deep breaths, cursing myself for all my years of smoking. I pushed my hair out of my sweat covered face and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think a lot of people think my username has something to do with Max Green, but it's actually a reference to the Philadelphia Eagles. Just thought I'd clear that up (: enjoy the chapter. (: