‹ Prequel: Better Off This Way

Cry

Worn Out

Brian pulled up the driveway of his home. The house looked different now. He couldn’t pin point what it was. It just looked different. He stayed in his car, and he looked around. There were the flowers Sophie planted just a month after they moved in. No, nothing physically had changed. He would get used to it. Sophie wouldn’t be in there, but Amanda. She did make him happy. Then why did it feel like his stomach dropped? He shook off the feeling. It had to be because he saw his recently ex-wife. She looked good. He was glad she looked good. He would truly hate himself if she had been broken. She looked well-kept together.

He walked inside of the house, and inside he noticed a lot of changes. Pictures were gone, or replaced. The pillows in the living room were gone. He licked his lips. On some deep level it bothered him. It had to right? He built a life with someone whom he had thought was the one. Then Amanda waltz into his life. She had been a breath of fresh air. He couldn’t explain it. He didn’t try to figure it out. Seeing Sophie had shaken him, but he would get over it. He went to the kitchen, and he went to the fridge. He took out a beer and opened it.

Brian had a small flashback of making love to Sophie on the table where he and Amanda ate breakfast for the past three months. He wasn’t an asshole. Amanda didn’t move in until two months after he was separated. He finished his beer, and headed upstairs. A shower sounded real good. He took a look at his left hand and on his ring finger there was a tan. He clenched his hand, and then went inside to take a shower.

His mind drifted to the old days.

“I love you,” Brian said the words so easily in bed with his girlfriend. She had a wide smile that just made his heart melt. He loved everything about her from her dark hair, to her red painted toes. He moved to her side. The sweat of his forehead proof of the amazing sex they just had. It’s been weeks since they made love for the first time in the back of the van and gotten their tattoos.

“I’ve never felt so connected to anyone,” she confessed quietly. “When I’m with you, the world just seems brighter and better.”

“I feel the same way,” he said and kissed her on the lips softly. “I’ll never need anything or anyone if I have you.”

“You’ll always have me,” she smiled and then caressed his chin. “You should let it grow.”

“What? A beard?”

“No,” she laughed making him smile, “I meant like maybe a little hair here,” she scratched underneath his chin. “It’ll make you stand out from the guys. Girls can be like ‘Oh, did you see that guitarist with that goatee? So hot!’”

“And taken,” he grinned and gave her a fast kiss. “Wouldn’t it bother you when I’m eating your pretty pussy?”

Sophie’s cheeks turned redder. They were already red from the heavy, hot sex they just had. He loved that he was her first. He planned to keep it that way.

“It wouldn’t bother me,” she said and raised her head. “I think it would tickle and feel really good.”

“You just want it covered in your cum,” Brian smiled slyly. “I love that idea. I will let it grow. You’re right. I can be the goatee guy. I won’t look douche-y, will I?”

She laughed and shook her head. “No, of course not,” she continued to laugh. He narrowed his eyes and then pushed her on her back. She laughed louder, and then a loud pounding on the door startled them.

“Stop being so couple-y!” Jimmy shouted. “I’m trying to fuck some groupies and I can’t do it with you two doing cute couple shit!”

“Fuck off!” Sophie shouted. Brian laughed, and then kissed her.

“I knew there was a reason I fucking love you,” he never felt so happy and content in his life. The girl of his dreams was in his arms, and a new possibility with the band getting more and more fans. He moved down her body and she opened her legs to him. He loved how she did that so naturally. He saw the letter B tattooed to her inner thigh. It was in the same font as his. He kissed it. He always did so before they made love and after too.


“Brian?” Amanda’s voice woke him from his past.

He was still in the shower. In fact, he was tracing his tattoo on his inner thigh absentmindedly. The shower door opened and Amanda stood there with a smirk. She was naked. Physically, she was different from Sophie. Amanda was a blonde with big blue/green-ish eyes. Her body was slimmer, and she had a bit of bigger boobs. He didn’t mind the physical difference. Personality wise, Amanda and Sophie were sort of the same. They both cared for people deeply.

Amanda stepped inside of the shower. He smiled and wrapped an arm around her small waist. He kissed her, and he tried to forget how beautiful Sophie had looked like earlier.

“So?” she asked when he pulled away.

“I’m officially divorced,” he said softly. “We signed the papers.”

“Did she keep the car?”

He shook his head. “No. She didn’t want anything from me. I can’t blame her.”

“Of course not. We did her dirty, but… things happen for a reason,” Amanda smiled and made him feel a bit better. She kissed his chest, and then started to go down to her knees. Brian leaned back on the cold tile wall. His dick hardened and then Amanda’s hot mouth covered his head. He hissed sharply and then moaned. She sucked him perfectly, and played with his balls.

He let his eyes close and take in the pleasure. Minutes later, he came in her mouth and she swallowed. She rose back up to her knees.

“Have you thought about covering up… the S?” Amanda asked.

The question caught him off guard.

“Or possibly remove?” she suggested.

“What?” he asked and then turned off the water. “Removing his just as painful as getting it.”

“Then cover it,” she said.

“No,” he said too quickly. His reaction shocked her, but he couldn’t believe she even suggested that. “What would I even cover it with?”

“Something! I just don’t want to be reminded of her every time I go down on you.”

The sound of the house phone ringing saved him. He got out and said they would talk about it later. He wasn’t going to talk about it. With water dripping down his body and a towel wrapped around his waist he answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Brian, it’s Matt,” his best friend said, though it didn’t seem like it lately.

“Hi, what’s up?”

“Um, Arianna and Sophie are having a girl’s night, so she kicked me out. Want to have a couple of beers at the old bar?”

“Sure,” Brian answered. “I just need to change and I’ll meet you there buddy.”

“Sure thing, and uh… don’t bring Amanda like you did last time.”

Brian groaned. “Sorry about that. She sort of invited herself, and I couldn’t think of way not make her go. She wants to get to know you guys.”

“Well, Arianna will rip my balls off if she finds out. So, just you, okay?”

“Yeah, yeah. See you there.”

Minutes later, Brian was dressed to go out with his friend. He had to take advantage to any time they were free because even months after the separation he was still the bad guy. He couldn’t blame them. Sophie had been part of their tight group. She had done a lot for them, and Brian had shown his gratitude by loving her. She never asked for anything material in return. He understood that he had done her dirty. He wished it could have happened another way. He really did because he loved Sophie. Despite everything, he cared for her, and she had been his ultimate best friend.

“You’re going out?” Amanda asked coming out of the shower.

“Matt invited me out for drinks. I should be back before midnight,” he got his wallet and his keys in his pockets.

“All right then,” she smiled. “I’ll wait up for you,” she walked over to him and kissed him on the lips. She kissed him slowly, and he wrapped his arms around her naked body. She pulled away after a while with a small smirk.

Brian grinned and was reminded why he did what he did. He loved Amanda. She did make him happy. He walked out of the house, and then got into his car. It was almost seven at night. He drove to the bar and then went inside. It was a slow night, but it was good. His fans weren’t happy with him. Not all of them, but some. Mostly the ones who had been fans for years and had known what Sophie had done for the band and for him. He scratched the fuzz under his chin and then sat down.

A waitress came by and he got a beer. A couple of minutes later Matt arrived. Brian got up and greeted his friend. It had been days since they last saw each other and that was when Amanda had come with him.

“Good thing you came alone, man,” Matt sat down and also ordered a beer.

“I’m not on a leash,” Brian laughed. “What’s your problem with Amanda?” he got straight to the point.

Matt raised his hands. “I have no problem with her. It’s my girlfriend who does, and if I don’t take her side then she’ll withheld sex from me. I’m home from touring and I love to get laid every day.”

Brian rolled his eyes. “Some best friend you are.”

“Hey, I wasn’t the one who did something shitty to one of our own,” Matt narrowed his eyes.

“We’ve been over this. I’m sorry for hurting Sophie.”

“Whatever. Let’s not argue because then I might end up punching you in the face… again,” Matt smirked and then his beer arrived. “So, I know the divorce was finalized today.”

“Yeah,” Brian rubbed the back of his neck. “I saw Sophie today and she looked well.”

“She might have looked, but probably wasn’t,” Matt muttered making Brian feel like shit.

“Really? She was… okay. She didn’t seem sad. How is she?”

“Well, she has a job. She’s moving into her new apartment in LA tomorrow—“

“So soon?” Brian asked.

“Yeah, she wanted one where she could move in immediately. I don’t mind having her around, but I do miss fucking my girlfriend whenever and wherever I want.”

“Then she’s moving on,” Brian nodded his head. “That’s great. I want her to be happy.”

Matt drank his beer, and then gave Brian a sour look. “You know you’re so damn lucky Sophie isn’t like all the other girls. Any other girl would have taken everything from you. She didn’t want alimony and she didn’t want shit from you.”

“I know. She’s a great person, but I’m not in love with her like I used to be. You don’t understand.”

“No, I don’t because I think you’re making a huge mistake. Don’t you remember what she did for you? All the stuff she gave up to be with you?”

Guilt raked through Brian. He thought about how five years ago Sophie had been offered a job at an art gallery in New York. She would have made loads of money. She would have been famous, but he begged her to turn it down. He begged her to stay with him, and that he would make her the happiest woman on earth. Because she loved him so much, she turned down the offer, and then one year later they were married. She stopped working because he brought the money.

“I know,” Brian groaned. “But she’s moving on, and I want her to move on. She deserves someone better.” A cold chill came over him at the thought of another man touching what had been solely his for seven years. He didn’t understand the bit of jealousy. He had to be jealous, right? It was natural, but he would get over it.

“Are you sure the thing with Amanda isn’t a mid-life crisis or something?” Matt questioned. “I think you might still have a chance if you leave Amanda now and go back to Sophie.”

Brian thought about it for a while. He thought he made the right decision going through with the divorce. He couldn’t be wrong. It was too late to take it all back anyway. After a few hours of taking about everything else, Brian went back home. He didn’t have too many drinks, so he got home safely. It was just after eleven. The bar had gotten more people by the time he had left. Brian walked inside of his home and headed upstairs. Amanda was waiting for him in skimpy lingerie. The bra was see-through and so were the panties. It left nothing to the imagination.

Brian chuckled and she crooked his finger to come to her. A memory came back to him of Sophie doing something similar. He had been on tour for nearly six months. The only contact they had was through phone, texting and web cam. He missed her terribly. Most of the tour had been overseas, so it was extra difficult to communicate. When he arrived back home, she was waiting for him in the living room. She had a tray of fruit and cute lingerie. It wasn’t see-through, but it had made his mouth water.

Now, Brian only had a hard on. He wasn’t as turned on as he should be. Could it be the thrill was gone? He drove those thoughts away and removed his clothes. When he reached his blonde girlfriend, he leaned down and kissed her. She groaned and pushed him away.

“You should really get rid of the goatee,” she grumbled. “It always leaves red marks on my skin, and it feels funny.”

Brian narrowed his eyes. “I’m not going to shave it off.”

“Why not? It’s an old look. You should do something fresh,” she grinned.

Suddenly, Brian lost his erection. “I’m just not going to, Amanda. Look… I’m pretty worn out. I just need some sleep, okay?”

Amanda frowned. “I didn’t mean to upset you. You can keep it then,” she said.

Brian looked into her eyes and saw that she was really sorry, but how was he going to get hard again? His mind drifted to that night in the living room with Sophie. The sex they had been hot, intense and so amazing. He never came so hard in his life, not even with Amanda. He couldn’t remember a time when he felt like his soul left his body.

“Hmm,” Amanda’s moan brought him back. Her hand on his dick, “I think I want another taste.”

**

Brian got out of bed alone. Amanda was still asleep. Now he felt guilty about thinking his ex-wife while he had made love to his new girlfriend. He was shitty as they came. He went to the kitchen and reached for the cupboard with mugs; only find that it had been replaced by regular glass cups. He groaned and opened the next one, nope that was Tupperware. He moved on to the next one, a little more frustrated than before and finally he found them. He shouldn’t mind the changes around, but he was starting to. He liked the order that it was before. He could easily pour himself coffee before without being too awake. He would have to remember where things were now.

The changes were putting him off. First with the things in the house, and Amanda even wanted him to change his look. His goatee was his signature. Everyone knew about it. It wasn’t like he hadn’t taken it off before, but he liked it now. He wasn’t going to change for Amanda even if he did love her. He checked the time. It was just after nine. He could call Sophie and meet up so she could see Pinkly.

The Maltese didn’t sleep in his room anymore because she didn’t like Amanda. He had been kind when he said to Sophie that Pinkly hadn’t warmed up to Amanda. Pinkly didn’t like Amanda at all. He didn’t get it. Maybe the little dog knew that he had hurt Sophie and didn’t like the newcomer. Brian grabbed the house phone and dialed Matt’s home number. He prayed to go God Arianna didn’t answer because like the other times she would hang up.

“Hello?” Matt answered with a groggy voice.

“Still in bed sleeping beauty?” Brian joked.

“I did fuck my girlfriend last night until 3am, so I do deserve a nice nap,” Matt chuckled. “You’re lucky the girls are gone.”

“Gone?” Brian then remembered about Sophie moving to Los Angeles. “Right, Sophie moves into her new place.”

“They just left with a bit of a hangover. They had a lot to drink and passed out in the living room. I took my girlfriend to bed and left Sophie because she looked damn comfy,” Matt said. “What did you call for?”

“Sophie. I wanted to talk to her. It’s her weekend with Pinkly, so I thought I could drop her off. You could just give me her new address and I’ll drop off Pinkly there.”

“Uh,” Matt said awkwardly. “I don’t think I should in case I get in trouble. Call her. Her cell phone is still the same.”

“Right,” Brian faked a yawn. “I might go back to bed. See you later man.”

“See you. Don’t forget about the party I’m throwing for my parents’ anniversary. No Amanda, Brian.”

“You know it’s bad of you guys to exclude her,” Brian grumbled. “She’s my girlfriend.”

“And Sophie is everyone’s friend. Ask her if it’s okay to take Amanda. If she’s cool with it, then so am I.”

Brian said a short goodbye to his friend. Then he dialed Sophie’s cell phone number by memory. It went to voice mail, but at least it rang the appropriate times letting him know she didn’t reject his call. She was probably driving and her cell phone was in her bag. He left a message that he wanted to drop off pinkly, and to call him back. He put the phone back when he was done.

He had a feeling he shouldn’t take Amanda to the party. Maybe he shouldn’t go either. He didn’t want to make Amanda feel bad. He decided he wouldn’t go. But he should ask Sophie anyway if it was okay with her. Brian was close to Matt’s parents. He couldn’t let them down.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you all for your support and love <3