Status: Completed 6/19/2012

Forget Your Mistakes

Say That You're Coming With Me Tonight

The next morning didn’t really…feel right. It wasn’t like that feeling you get when you think something bad is going to happen or anything, but it didn’t feel like anything you would feel when you’re opening presents on your birthday either.

I had just woken up, and I noticed Jamie wasn’t laying beside me. But I could smell waffles, which is always a plus. I rubbed my eyes, stood up, and walked into the kitchen to see Ryan making breakfast.

“It’s 9am. What are you doing up so early?” Ryan asked when he noticed me. “I smelled waffles,” I smiled. “Well, you’re in luck because I make the best waffles around.” I chuckled and walked into the living room, then back into the kitchen. “Hey, Ry. Where’s Jamie?” “I don’t know. He said something about going for a walk. I’m sure he’ll be back in a few minutes. If he isn’t, he’s not getting breakfast.” “You would really not let Jamie have your ‘insanely delicious waffles’?” “Yes,” Ryan laughed.

I heard a door open down the hall and Rebekah appeared, dragging herself across the apartment. “Good morning, sunshine!” I smiled. “Why are you so happy?” she laughed. “Ryan’s makin’ waffles.” Rebekah instantly became wide awake as she yelled, “I love waffles!” “I know you do, babe.” Ryan laughed. Rebekah looked around, then at me, “Where’s Jamie?” Ryan just chuckled and I said, “Ryan said he went with Mario and Luigi to go fight Bowser to save Princess Peach.” Rebekah threw her arms up, “Again? God, that girl needs to stop getting caught! People are gonna start thinking she’s only good for being kidnapped all the time!” I laughed and went to go get dressed.

After breakfast, Jamie walked through the front door and I looked at him, “You missed breakfast.” “I know,” he said, “but we need to talk.” “Oh, God..” I muttered under my breath. Jamie grabbed my hand and took me outside.

*Inside*

Ryan and Rebekah were sitting on the couch. “He’s not gonna break up with her, is he?” Rebekah asked, worried. “Oh, no. If there’s one thing I know about him, it’s that he loves Alex more than anything and would never do anything to ruin what they have,” Ryan replied. “Wait,” Rebekah looked at Ryan with her eyebrows raised, “how do you know he’s not breaking up with her?” Ryan smirked, “You’ll see.”

*Outside*

I started playing with my fingers as I sat down on the steps. “Okay,” Jamie spoke, “I just wanted to run something by you..” “Alright..” “Well, this isn’t exactly easy for me to tell you…” Jamie trailed off. “You’re…You’re not breaking up with me, are you?” I asked quietly. Jamie took my hands and laughed, “Of course not. I love you too much to even think about doing anything like that.” I breathed a sigh of relief, “Then what are you talking about?” “I…I went for a walk, just to think about how I wanted to tell you what I have to tell you, and…I saw your mom..” I looked at him in disbelief, “No…No you didn’t. You..You’re lying…” “Alex. When have I ever lied to you?” I looked at him and knew he was telling the truth. “Oh my God…” “I know she knows where we live, so I wanted to run something by you,” he said, almost nervously. “What..?” “Hot Chelle Rae was offered a chance to headline a tour, and we took it.” I smiled and hugged him excitedly, “That’s great! But what does that have to do with me?” Jamie smiled, “We wanted to invite you and Rebekah to be the official photographers for the band.” I looked at him wide-eyed, barely able to get my words out, “Seriously?” “Seriously.” “Oh my God, of course we will!” I nearly screamed.

“Have you told Rebekah yet?” I asked. “No. Ryan thought you should tell her.” “But he’s her boyfriend.” “I don’t know. All I know is he wanted you to do it.” I kissed Jamie and whispered, “Thank you.” before running inside.

I pulled Rebekah off the couch and ran into my room with her, yelling back to Ryan, “I need to borrow her for a second!” “Whoa there, what’s up?” Rebekah asked once we got into the room. “The band is going on tour and wants us to be the photographers!” I said, almost too fast for her to understand. Rebekah screamed and we heard Ryan and Jamie laugh in the other room. She ran back into the living room and basically tackled Ryan, “Hell yeah, we will!”

“Wait, what about school?” I asked. Ryan smiled, “We figured you would say that. So we called your school and told them about it. They think it’s great, and you don’t have to worry about going. They said it’ll be great experience for you, and they want you to go. They just want to see your photos when the tour is over, and if they like them, you’ll be able to graduate next year.” Rebekah and I looked at each other, nearly passing out from the sheer excitement of possibly graduating two years before we had planned to. “When does the tour start?” I asked, still too excited to speak slowly. “Two months.” Ryan replied.

I didn’t know what would happen on tour, or what to expect. All I knew was this is exactly what I wanted out of life and the fact that it’s happening in only my second year of college was beyond a dream come true. The knowledge that my mother would never be able to track me down over the next year was just an added bonus.