Status: In progress - regular updates

Same Old Routine, Until It Changed...

Texting

‘Wow you have some pretty intense views about this band huh?’ they wrote in their first message.
‘Well yeah. Like I explained, this band has helped me through a lot of tough times and although they don’t probably realise it I think they have helped a lot of people through rough patches in their life. Even just by playing their music they instantly make me feel a bit better.
So why is it then that you hate them?’ I messaged back, unable to contemplate any one not liking 30 seconds to mars.
‘Oh I don’t hate them at all, quite the opposite in fact. I think they are great. I was just wanting other peoples view points as to why they obsess over them so much. I also figured that by posting on this site I would probably get replies from mainly girls/women so I could get a completely different view and to be honest I was expecting the pretty typical ‘because they are hott’ reply. So it was a breath of fresh air to get a reply that explained so well why you loved them without even mentioning their looks, so thank you :D’
Awesome he was a fan, now I can enjoy chatting with him.
‘Yeah I know, so many people are so shallow that they only actually like bands because they are hot or whatever, its ridiculous. As far as i’m concerned you are supposed to enjoy listening to of a band because they are good musicians/singers etc and because their lyrics are good and meaningful. Because you enjoy their songs. The kind of songs that mean something and move your entire soul. Songs like From yesterday, A Beautiful Lie, The Kill etc.
I honestly don’t know how they do it every single song, if you close your eyes and just listen they almost take you to a different world. They just completely astound me with every single song they create and the videos are always mind blowing and in a strange way beautiful.
Yes they are attractive guys but I don’t account that at all when I am thinking of reasons as to why I love them, to me thats an added bonus for when i’m watching the videos :D’

I decided to stop rambling there, I sounded ridiculous.

We spoke for a few hours after that. I even took my laptop into the kitchen with me while I cooked some pasta. At about midnight he told me his laptop was dying, but only if I wanted to, we could continue talking via text. I agreed and gave him my phone number. About 2 minutes later I received a text.
‘Hey its BCout :)’ (12:17am) I couldn’t help but smile as I read the text.
‘So what is your name?’ (12:18am) I typed back almost immediately.
‘You can call me J’ (12:19am) While I was reading another text came through ‘So what about you?’ (12:19am)
‘I’m Danielle :D’ (12:21am)

After hours of texting it was around 5am when I text J telling him that I was going to sleep. I explained that I was working the Coldplay show tomorrow and I was working from 1:00pm till at least 2:00am.
‘Wow tough shift, I hope you have fun :) I’ll text you at some point tomorrow... if you’d like that is?’ I had to smile at that he was adorable.
‘Yeah that would be great :) I’ll text you when i’m on my breaks.’
‘Awesome :D night x’
‘Night x’

That night I went to sleep smiling I’d met a new friend that I got on with so well. To start with I thought this guy hated my favourite band, but he doesn’t, he loves them. He says that he has never seen them live but he’s been on stage with them a few times, working. I can’t believe how lucky he is, to have worked with them.
I drifted off to sleep wondering what J was really like. Who he was other than a 30 Seconds to Mars fan.

I woke up at 11:00am to my alarm horribly buzzing in my ear. I pulled on my slippers, hating it when I forget and stand on my freezing cold tiled kitchen floor. It was like standing on ice to make your morning coffee. Walking into the kitchen the first thing I did and do every morning was switch on my iPod. By the time I had gotten to my kettle and put the coffee ingredients in my cup. This is war by 30 seconds to mars started to play and I started to sing along.
‘Warning to the people, the good and the evil. This. Is. War. To the soldier, the civilian, the martyr, the victim. This. Is. War. Its the moment of truth and the moment to lie and the moment to live and the moment to die. The moment to fight, the moment to fight, to fight, to fight, to fiiight!’ I sang at the top of my lungs, jumping and dancing around the kitchen. Its a good job that I don’t have a job that involves me getting up really early, this is part of my routine when I go to make my coffee in the mornings, although usually I have drank my coffee first before I start singing and dancing; I was just in a really good mood today for some reason.
I sat on the counter top and started making my porridge. I don’t know what it was but I loved sitting on the counter whilst I was cooking. It was comfortable.
I pulled my phone out of my tracksuit bottom pocket, wanting to check the time. I continued to stir my porridge clicking through my unimportant emails, then I realised I had a text message. I opened it up.
‘Morning, I hope you have a good day today and have fun with Coldplay :) J x’ I smiled brighter than I have in a long time. It had brightened my entire day waking up to a text message, especially from someone that I already felt a connection with. Even if it was just as friends.
‘Morning and thanks :) I hope you have a great day too. x’ I typed back almost in a world of my own. I turned my head looking around the kitchen randomly, then my eyes settled on the hob and to my porridge that was now burning to the bottom of my saucepan.
‘Oh shit’ I mumbled under my breath. I quickly jumped down from the counter and quickly began re-stirring. Thank god for ceramic pans. It had barely burnt let alone stuck to the pan. A good stir and it was fine.
After all of the mornings excitements I finally got to work excited for the day ahead of me. I started on the standard keeping the already huge queue in order so they didn’t make too much mess etc. but later I had been put on front of stage. I loved working in front of the barrier, I know exactly what its like to be on the other side of it. I also loved how close it got you to the music and the excitement from not just the audience but also the band and having seen Coldplay shows on the TV I knew that they were in for a good show.
The day went relatively quickly, i’d been talking to quite a few of the people in the queue while doing my rounds as it were. I had my break at around 5:00pm and I text J telling him my exciting news about getting to work front of stage.
‘Wow that’s awesome. I bet you will have a great time front of stage is amazing, so much fun down there. x’ (5:10pm)
‘Are you kidding me youv’e worked front of stage too. Is there anything awesome that you haven’t done? x’ I couldn’t believe it as if working with 30 seconds to mars wasn’t enough. I had asked him at some point last night what it was that he actually did but he was pretty vague saying
‘This and that, I’ve been told that I try and do everything, but I’m also told that I do it well so why stop right. I enjoy it all so there is no harm in trying it all haha x’
‘Not technically but I have been front of stage a fair few times haha :) Its good fun you will enjoy it. Especially with Chris Martins performances. x’ He was making me more and more excited. I had been front of stage before but not with a band anything like Coldplay, they were mad and sure to come off the stage at least once.

About 20 minutes into Coldplay’s performance Mr.Martin started to get off the stage into the section before the barrier. I along with a few other stewards turned around to make sure that he was okay and could get down safely without injuring himself. While facing this way for some reason I took a quick glance to the right hand side of the stage and I could have sworn I’d saw someone, a guy. He looked although he was staring right at me. Maybe its because I was the only female on front of stage, maybe he wasn’t even looking at me, maybe he was watching the singer. I just had the distinct feeling that I was being watched. I looked a little harder to see if I could recognise him as one of the crew members or something but when I did look closer he just looked a lot like Jared Leto. I couldn’t see properly and it almost certainly wasn’t him, but he just looked very similar.

After my shift was over I got a ride from my work friend that lived not too far from where I did and she would usually drop me off when we did a shift together. It was about 2:30am when I got home. I fed poppy and headed to my room McDonalds coffee in hand (another tradition we had when we worked together we’d get a drink from McDonalds just before she dropped me off so we could both have a relaxing cup of coffee before bed. I put it down on my bedside table while I quickly changed and curled up in bed. I looked at my phone to see I had a message from J. The message was from 1:00am though, Would it be too late to text back now. I thought I’d read the text first and decide how urgent the reply needed to be.
‘Hey did you have a good shift? :) So I was wondering, I am going to be in London next week and I hoped that you might want to go and get some dinner one night? x’
Oh my god did J just ask me out or was that like a friendship meet up thing? Please say he just asked me out! I thought extremely hopefully to myself and may have whispered aloud i’m not sure.
‘Yeah I’d love to. When and where? x’ I hoped he was still awake I wanted to know tonight. I tried to stay calm while I waited. He could just want to be friends I reminded myself.
‘Erm how about next thursday 8pm at the Manna Cuisine restaurant. They have the best vegan food in London. They do other things too so don’t worry you won’t have to eat vegan, or you can suggest somewhere else if you’d like. x’ Perfect he wants to go to a Vegan restaurant. I’m not a vegan but I am a vegetarian and get bored of the same choices everywhere I go. Vegetable lasagna, I swear if I eat much more of it, it will start coming out of my ears.
‘Thats perfect, I’m a vegetarian so it won’t bother me at all in fact it will be a welcome change to just one choice. :) x’
‘Wow awesome. Shall we call it a date then? x’ I almost fell off of the bed as I read that. A date?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey I hoped all of you that read Chapter 1 enjoyed it. Id really appreciate you letting me know.

Im never very confident about my writing so comments would be great constructive or other wise.
Thanks and I hope you liked chapter 2 too :D