Status: Still under construction.

You Are My Sunshine

Stranded Staal

Courtnee shrieked as the bright red four wheeler jerked forward and then sputtered to a stop a good distance from the office she had started in.

She looked around her and saw a large house, and peering out at her through the window were two little faces, and three larger ones.

Courtnee sighed heavily, and swung her leg over the back of the four wheeler, turning the key in the ignition to cut off the engine, before making her way to the front door of the house.

She chuckled as the faces quickly disappeared and seemed to scurry towards the door.

Before she could even raise her hand to knock on the door a little boy with white blond hair had swung it open.

"Gramma said you would stay for dinner!" he announced before grabbing her hand in his tiny one and dragging her inside.

Courtnee glanced around at the three grown men who had finally made an appearance.

She gave them an incredulous look, tugging back slightly on the little boys hand. "Hold up there speed racer." she said, causing the little boy to pout, but halt his yanking on her arms.

"introductions?" she asked hopefully, appraising the men standing in front of her. They all looked similar to Jordan, whom she had abandoned at the lake.

"I'm going to assume you are the other boys Linda was talking about." she guess, causing the guys to nod.

"I'm Eric." said the tallest and oldest looking of the three. he held a young boy, maybe 5 months old to his side. "I would shake your hand, but Levi here just puked on them" he said sheepishly.

Courtnee scrunched up her nose and nodded."Next?" she asked, looking expectantly at the two other men, but a small voice from beside her piped in.

"I'm parker. Eric's my Daddy." He in formed her in a very serious voice.

She smiled and leaned down to shake his hand, "I'm Courtnee" she said as he shook her hand happily "I know. Grams told me." He interrupted, Causing her to smile.

"you're my favorite Staal so far." she told him in a stage whisper, causing him to giggle.

"I'm Marc." a voice said from her right. She stood back up, smiling and offering her hand to the bulky red headed man who shook it firmly. "Nice to meet you." she said, doing a playful curtsy.

"and I'm Jared." Said the smallest of the men, and he raised her hand to his lips and kissed it noisily. causing Parker to make a barfing noise.

Courtnee chuckled, raising an eyebrow as the youngest red head kept his lips pressed to her hand dramatically.

Her attention was drawn away from him by the front door slamming. She glanced up and saw a sunburned, and pissed off looking Jordan Staal.

Eric jumped in. "Jordy, this is Courtnee-" "I know who she is." Jordan said gruffly, grabbing her by the arm and dragging her into the kitchen, almost running over Parker in his urgency to get her alone.

"Easy There Blondie, I'm not a rag doll ya know." she said huffily."Though you look like one right about now, nice tan." she teased, chuckling softly.

"oh HA HA" he said loudly, causing her to fall silent and raise an eyebrow.

" do you know how far I had to walk to get back here?!" he demanded, still not having let go of her arm.

She smirked and shrugged "you were being annoying, so I left. I'm the customer here, Aren't I always right, or something like that?" she asked with a half smile playing across her lips.

He groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. This girl was infuriating.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wrote this in possibly 15-20 minutes. let me know what you think.