Status: In progress :)

Here Goes Nothing

Officialness

It had already been a week since Wesley and I’s first date. Things were going extremely well and most of all, they were extremely secretive. We’d been seeing each other every chance we had, but no one knew. Sure, Madi probably knew SOMETHING was up but she never questioned it, probably knowing we would tell her when we’d be ready. The truth was, we liked the way things were. The thrills of sneaking around and the joy and pure bliss of being alone together whenever we could (even if we only had time to share a kiss and go back to our hotel room) was almost too much to handle. It was one of these moments right now. Everyone was in bed but Wesley and I were in the lobby, all tangled up in a blanket that I had brought and sharing a comfortable silence.

“You better not be falling asleep.” I heard Wesley whisper in my ear. I smiled, my eyes still closed.

“Why? What would it matter?” I asked, leaning a little more against him. He squeezed me a little tighter before answering.

“Because if you fall asleep, then I’ll fall asleep. And then someone will find us and we’ll have to answer a bunch of questions and-“

“Okay okay. I get it! I’m just really comfortable.” I said tiredly, making no effort to move or even open my eyes.

“I know what you mean. And believe me when I say that I want nothing more but to fall asleep AND wake up next to my girlfriend but if we want to keep things the way they are, we can’t do that.” Wesley said and with that, my eyes opened in surprise and I sat straight up, turning around to look at him.

“What did you say?” I asked him. He looked like a boy who had just been caught stealing a candy cane from a candy shop.

“I mean, isn’t that what we agreed to? If you want to tell people, I don’t mind but-“

“Not that. The part about me being your girlfriend.”

“Oh, I’m sorry about that. I guess it just slipped out.” He shrugged.

“Why are you sorry? Is that NOT what you want?” I asked him disappointedly as I looked at the ground.

“No! I didn’t mean it that way. Of course I want to…damn it Kaleigh! Can’t you see what you do to me? I don’t even think before I speak and you’re making me lose my mojo. My manliness is being questioned baby!” He said and he looked genuinely concerned. And that’s when I burst out laughing. Loudly. Wesley looked confused but laughed a little with me anyway. When we both settled down, it was my turn to speak.

“So when I introduce you to people, what do I call you?” I asked him.

“Well, I’ve already told you to call me Wes but that information flew right over your head. So I’m kind of expecting you to call me Wesley.” He said and I rolled my eyes.

“No I mean do I say ‘this is my friend Wesley’ or ‘this is my boyfriend Wesley’?” I asked him.

“What’s wrong with ‘this is Wesley’?” He asked me like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I sighed and shook my head a little, seeing that this conversation wasn’t going anywhere. Wesley saw my frustration and finally gave in.

“Okay, first of all, I thought we liked the idea of sneaking around? And second of all, in my head, you’ve been my girlfriend ever since that night at the movies.”

“Our first date?” I asked him with a shy smile.

“Yeah.” He said. And then my shy smile turned into a grin.

“Okay.” I simply said as I settled back into his arms. “And by the way, sneaking around is fun but we can’t keep this up. And I don’t like lying.” I said.

“I agree, but what do you wanna do, tell everyone?” He asked me.

“No, that’s cheesy. But maybe we should just…I don’t know…go with the flow?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that we could, without going crazy and/or inappropriate of course, allow ourselves SOME pda.” I suggested.

“Okay.” I heard him say. “Like, say, falling asleep on this couch and if someone finds us, then that will be that?” He asked me. I smiled at that before turning around slightly to place a soft kiss on his neck.

“Exactly like that.” I answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've just been really busy with work. Anyways, hope you like the new update! I'll try to write some more tonight!