Status: Active

Chase Away the Darkness

Warm

“What was that?” asked Hanna after making sure everyone was out of ear shot.

“I don’t know,” I said honestly

“You’re going to give yourself away Mickey,” said Hanna.

She was right. What was I thinking? I seriously just blew my cool back there with Tony.

“Ugh I know it was stupid,” I said

“Don’t worry I don’t think anyone noticed” she said, “You’re lucky Mike made an unintentional save. Now let’s go join the others, you need a drink.”

Right when we walked into Pierce The Veil’s bus Mike handed us shots. It looks like we walked straight into a toast.

“To a great summer! Let’s make this Warped Tour memorable!” declared Vic.

Everyone held their shots up and yelled “cheers!”

One hour and a few more drinks later. I started feeling that familiar warm sensation throughout my body. Yeah, I was pretty much borderline drunk at this point. I studied the area around me. Everyone else seemed to be drunk too. I kept looking around when I realized the person I was searching for was nowhere to be found.

Damn, I really have to stop this nonsense now. Who cares where Tony was. I’m pretty sure he’ll probably forget who I am tomorrow anyways. I was about to get another drink when Hanna stopped me.

“I think that’s enough for you,” she said

“You’re the one who said I needed a drink,” I questioned.

“I said one, not 10. Plus I see what you’re doing. Tony is outside on the phone if you must know.” Said Hanna

“I wasn’t….,” I started but Hanna gave me a look.

“You truly are my best friend.” I admit defeated. She grinned

“Let’s go back to our bus we need to set up merch early tomorrow anyways, extra early if we want that shower,” stated Hanna

I nodded in agreement and followed her out the bus to the smaller one.
I couldn’t help but look at the dark figure on the phone as I passed.
I sighed, this was going to be harder than I thought.