‹ Prequel: The Best Mistake
Status: completed!

The Worst Choice

Do you love him?

"I always hate the school year because all of my friends go to school and I sit at home with a tutor," Jas complained, frowning.

I laughed. "Why don't you just go to regular school?" I asked. "Although I think I'd much rather be home-schooled."

"My parents are so anal about everything," she said, rolling her eyes. "Plus Levi says he sleeps better at night knowing I'm not dealing with public school things. Stupid, right?"

I laughed. "It's so cute how he looks out for you!" I cooed.

"Shut up!" she said, chuckling. "Speaking of cute... Nash has been a bit bummed lately. Levi says it's because Eric's birthday is coming up."

"Yeah, I guess," I said, shrugging. "How is that cute, again?"

"Because, when he told me about that, you popped into my mind," she said.

"What are you talking about, Jas?" I asked.

"When are you and Nash gonna go see Eric for his birthday?" she asked, smirking.

I gave her a dumbfounded looked. "Who the hell gave you that idea?" I asked.

"Nobody gave me that idea," she corrected. "It's just how you are when it comes to him. So, how right am I?"

"Hopefully, you'll be completely right," I said. "My step dad is supposed to be talking my mom into letting me go."

"Oh my god! That is so cute!" she gushed.

I rolled my eyes, failing to hide my grin. "Don't tell Nash, okay?" I asked. "Don't even tell Levi if you think he'll slip."

"He's good with secrets, no worries," she said. "But I won't tell- scout's honor."

I laughed. "Right," I said. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. "Hang on a second." Digging my phone out of my pocket, I hurriedly clicked the answer button when I saw Jeremy's name on the screen. "Hello?"

"Dinner should be ready any minute now, and you aren't here," he said in a stern tone.

"Sorry!" I said. "Did you talk to her?"

"I did, and a late daughter might alter her decision, so I'd suggest you hurry up."

"Thank you so much Jeremy!" I said, grinning.

I heard him chuckle. "I'll add it to the list of favors you and Nash owe me for," he joked.

I laughed. "Alright, I'll be there soon. Bye," I said, not waiting for an answer before hanging up. "I feel bad for going off so suddenly, but that was my step dad and-"

"Go ahead," Jas said, chuckling.

I smiled at her. "Thanks," I said, before rushing to my car.

* * * *


"No drinking, no drugs, no robbery, no sleeping in the same room and be respectful," Mom listed off.

"None of that and I will be as respectful as possible," I answered, grinning. "Thank you- so much, mom. You don't understand how much this means to me."

She gave me a soft smile. "I think I have a good idea," she said. "And about how I feel toward Nash... I don't hate him, sweetie. But after everything, he just seems incredibly shady to me." She sighed. "I'll try to be more accepting though, because it seems like he isn't going anywhere anytime soon."

"As long as I can help it, he isn't," I admitted, biting my lip.

She looked at me a couple seconds, not saying anything. "Have you two exchanged 'I love you's' yet?" she asked.

My eyes widened in shock and it took me a few seconds before I found my voice. "No, mom," I finally answered. "We haven't."

"Do you love him?" she asked.

"Um..." I started. "Look at the time! I have homework that's due first period tomorrow morning and it's a big, big grade so I should get to that, yeah?" I quickly stood up, putting my dishes in the sink.

I heard my mom laugh. "Tomorrow's Sunday, sweetie," she said. "But nice try, I'll let it go."
"Night mom! Love you!" I called, running up the steps.
♠ ♠ ♠
dragged you down below, down to the devils show, to be his guest forever. - nightmare, avenged sevenfold.

I did a really lame glance-over once I was done, so I apologize for any errors. Just let me know if you find any.

Anyway, thank you MoMo_92, NothinNNomore, Shadow14, MerciPorLeVenin, TayVengeance, Cerullis_Creature, amyuhohs, pixie dusttt., ImJustLaya, Blacklisted Me., MusicLover525, and Sunshine Suicide for the amazing comments. I'm pretty sure most- if not all- of you comment after every chapter and that's really fucking fantastic. Seriously, thanks. :)