‹ Prequel: The Best Mistake
Status: completed!

The Worst Choice

I'm hungover.

I sat in the hallway during lunch. The hallway only had seniors lockers and overall, they didn't use them. There were actually three abandoned hallways with senior lockers, but the entire school knew it was completely unsanitary to go in the third one because some kids around here are just way too horny for their own good.

I turned my head to the side, hoping I'd see Nash walk past. I had slight hopes that he was looking for me also. I mean, it was halfway through lunch- shouldn't he notice or be worried I'm not there? I scoffed at that thought. Please. He's probably sleeping somewhere.

When I stormed away from him this morning- as much as I just didn't want to be around him- I wanted him to follow me. I know it sounds pathetic, but it's the truth. I wanted things to be at least a little fixed before we left each other. All he did was stand there quietly and stare at the ground.

I got a little excited when I saw somebody walk by- but once it registered that Nash didn't have long blonde hair, I kinda got over that. I let out a deep breath. He wasn't looking for me. He probably thought I was overreacting so much that he probably didn't even care.

Nash.

"Um... Nash?"

I lifted my head off my arm for a second to see Susie was the one who spoke, before dropping my head back down. "Yeah."

"You know these floor are gross enough as it is to be laying on them," she said. "And this hallway is even grosser."

"Yeah."

"So then why are you in it and laying on the floor?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I'm hungover," I said.

"Ooh, understandable," she said, sitting down a few feet in front of me. "But on a weekday?"

I shrugged. I didn't really feel like talking to anybody. The only person I'd even put up with talking to would be Ashlyn, but when I saw she wasn't at the normal lunch table- and none of her friends knew where she was- I guessed she was pissed off and avoiding me.

"You look majorly depressed," she informed me.

I let out a long sigh. "I said I was hungover. So I'm tired and I'm pretty sure there's somebody kicking my head everytime I take a step. So I'm simply resting," I said.

"Well that explains the muderous look on your face when you came into chemistry," she said, nodding slightly.

I scoffed. "I got in a fight with my girlfriend, that's what caused that," I corrected.

"You have a girlfriend?"

"Mhm."

"Who is it?"

"Ashlyn Munro," I said. I watched as a weird look crossed her face and she scrunched her nose slightly. "You, uh.. you know her?"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "We worked together briefly," she said. I nodded. "So what were you guys arguing about?"

"She's just not happy about the fact that I drank last night," I said shortly.

"Oh. It seems like that kinda thing shouldn't be surprising if you're dating Nash Carter," she said.

I eyed her, not really knowing how to take that comment. "Yeah..." I murmured.

Her eyes widened slightly. "No, no!" she said quickly. "I didn't mean it in a bad way. I just- ugh. You have a reputation, you know? And it seems like she's not really accepting of that."

"I'd say she's more accepting than she should be," I said, shrugging.

"Well, maybe," she said. "But you're 18, aren't you?" I nodded. "You're just having fun. It seems kinda dumb that she's getting angry at you for that, you know?"

I raised an eyebrw at her. "Yeah, I guess."
♠ ♠ ♠
Update #1.