‹ Prequel: Daydreamer

Living Our Dreams

t.

It's been over an hour since I helped Tyler get ready for his upcoming date with Taylor. He decided to give the girl a chance, no matter how crazy I personally thought she was. He told me to look at it as a pity date. He left quite a bit ago.

Usually, an hour wouldn't feel so long to me, but it felt like forever. They were going to eat dinner locally. Tyler told me about how he always wanted to spend a day with Steve Yzerman, his hockey hero when was younger. I just wished that he chose a fan that he was a hockey hero to, not eye candy.

A little too antsy, I did what Clayton would usually do in moments of anxiety like this. I found a glass bottle of the good stuff, and drained a shot. It was quickly followed by a second. Then third. Fourth. And fifth. Before I knew it, I was on the balcony of the nice hotel, one of the top levels, sobbing to Cody on the phone.

"I don't understand you, Care." He said halfheartedly. I could hear the sounds of his highschool friends yelling, making me guess his was playing a video game with them, or having some kind of fun.

"Tyler's not back yet." I choked out.

"Mhmm." Cody replied. "And where did he—damnit, Justin!—oh, uh, yeah. Where is he?"

"With a girl. What if he's dead?!" I yelled dramatically.

I was interrupted by a knock on the glass door back inside. Tyler gave me a look, as if asking me what I was doing outside. Unfortunately, in my drunken state, I just ended up having tears of joy fall down my cheeks, glad he was alive. This is why I didn't drink often.

"What the hell are you doing?" Tyler grabbed my upper arm and stood my up. He dragged me back into the room and onto the bed. "Jeez. Did you get drunk or something while I was gone?" He asked incredulously. I knew he was kidding but he still seemed very scary as he asked.

I shook my head, which quickly spun out of control. He held my head still, trying to focus on my eyes. He glanced over his shoulder to the small kitchen area to see an open Vodka bottle.

"Man, I was kidding." He groaned incompetently.

"You were out so long. I thought you were dead." I frowned.

"You're such a fantast, with the imagination of your's. We went out for ice cream after. I had lots of fun, and Taylor is a great girl." He let go of my head and took a seat next to me. I could quickly feel my cheeks start to go cold without his warm hands. "She invited us to her brother's tomorrow. You might like him."

"You sound like my mom." I pushed him away. He landed back on his elbows.

"Also, Taylor thinks you don't like her that much. Try to be more open. She just wants to be your friend." He smiled before heading to the bathroom or a shower.

Image

"Hey, I'm Caroline." I stuck my hand out the male version of Taylor, Theo. He had the same platinum blonde hair and sea blue eyes. He made my brown hair and dull, grey/blue eyes hide in the corner.

"Nice to meetcha." He shook my hand firmly. "Do you happen to know how to play cheat? Me and my two sisters were just about to play."

"Uh, sure." I shrugged my shoulders. Tyler did say to at least try.

Theo shuffled the deck and handed them out neatly. Tyler sat between me and Taylor. He said he'd take the loser's spot in the next game.

It wasn't that long into the game when Tyler yelled out, "Care has no sevens!"

"Hey!" I yelled back, hiding my cards against my chest and sending Tyler a glare. "Cheating isn't allowed!"

"We are playing cheat. And I'm sure you've already cheated plenty of times." Theo chuckled along with his sister, Tanisa.

"Stand over there!" I ordered to Tyler, pointing to the other side of the room where I could keep my eye on him.

"How about I stand right here?" He got up and took the spot right behind me, casually picking at my cards to try and get a peek.

I pouted. "One ace." I slammed my card onto the table.

"Cheat!" Taylor yelled after a minute of thinking, and casual glances to Tyler.

"This is unfair!" I glanced over my shoulder and stuck my tongue out rudely at him. "Can't I have someone standing behind Taylor?" I was the only one either not smiling or not laughing.

"Nope." Tyler grinned. "Cause I'm gonna make sure you lose." He grabbed my cards swiftly and held them high as he looked through them. I jumped, trying to get them out of his reach, but his height made him tower over me.

"Fuck this!" I muttered, taking a seat on the couch a few meters away from the table, "Tyler's turn to play!"
♠ ♠ ♠
fantast \ FAN-tast \ , noun;

1. A visionary or dreamer.

It's the word of the day, guys. According to Dictionary.com, so I decided to use it. Pretty cool, huh? I'm excited to see what tomorrow's is. Hopefully I can use it in the story. It really helps to expand your vocabulary. (:

Also, I do these chapters a bunch in one day whenever I'm free, so sometimes I don't have new days with new words, so if you could drop a line with maybe your birthday or just a date you love, then I'll look it up and use the word of that day (: