‹ Prequel: Daydreamer

Living Our Dreams

th.

To be honest, I didn't think I would have this much fun. It was mostly me and Tyler fighting and fooling around, but the three T's—did you notice that? They're names all start with a T—didn't mind. Soon, midnight came around and it was about time we headed home.

"Go ahead, I have to grab our sweaters." Tyler said.

I did as he said, making my way to the front door. Theo and Tanisa followed me.

I wasn't sure if Tyler and Taylor were trying to get me with Theo, but it didn't end up that way. He was nice and all, but he was a little conservative. It was kind of intimidating. Not in a good way.

I opened the front door to where my shoes were, the cold quickly nipping on my skin.

"It's a little cold. I'm gonna go get my sweater from Tyler first."

They nodded and started talking among themselves as I headed back into the hallway. I glanced down the hallways but I didn't see him, until I heard his voice.

"What're you taking about?"

"All I'm asking is if you like Caroline." Taylor replied a bit harshly.

"She's my friend!"

"What kind of friend?!"

I nipped at my bottom lip. I didn't know things were so serious between the two. I didn't want to barge, but for some reason, I couldn't imagine them together. I didn't like the feeling, or seeing them together. Hand in hand.

"Listen to me. It's nothing."

I peeked into the living room to see Tyler gripping Taylor's shoulders, staring into her eyes. She breathed a small sigh of relief before leaning towards him and plating her lips onto his.

I quickly turned away, convincing myself that giving them privacy was the best thing. And was also the reason why I couldn't watch. I headed back to the front door, giving the Theo and Tanisa the lame excuse of not being able to find them.

I heard them coming back, so I quickly slipped on my shoes and ran through the cold to get to the car, only to realize it was locked. Streams of bad luck just kept hitting me.

I sat on the hood, waiting for Tyler to unlock the car.

"Hey! It's cold! What're you doing?!"

"It's locked." I dragged my finger tips along the cold metal of the hood.

"Then why didn't you wait inside?"

"Didn't feel like it."

Tyler unlocked the car, opening up the driver's side.

"Wait." He stopped. "I'll drive. I feel like driving." I murmured.

He silently nodded, not wanting to comment on my strange behaviour. I got into the drivers seat and adjusted things the way I preferred it. I revved the engine a few times, making sure it was all clean, before pulling out of the driveway.

"Did you have fun?"

"Mhm."

"Me too." Silence. "Did you get along with Theo?"

"Mhm."

"He's nice.."

I knew I was being kind of mean, but something inside of me made me angry. I didn't know if I was angry at Taylor, him or myself. I didn't like the way she acted. I wasn't fond of how he responded to her actions. And I hated how I felt. Like shit.

The rest of the ride was silent. I pulled up to the front of the hotel instead of the underground parking lot.

"I have a something to do." I told him.

"At 12:30 in the morning? I think it can wait until tomorrow." He insisted. "I'm sure you're tired. Let's just crash for the night."

"I'm fine."

"Caroline—"

"I said I'm fine!" My scream quickly dropping to a whisper. "Just get out. I have something I need to do."

Wordlessly, he open the door, got out, and closed it slowly behind him. I waited for him to go inside before I started mewling. I felt oh-so pathetic.
♠ ♠ ♠
mewl \ myool \ , verb;

1. To cry, as a baby, young child, or the like; whimper.

you guys ready for summer? I am! summer job hunting, more writing, lotsa chapters! last year was boring and I did nothing, so I'm excited to give this year a jump start! Plus my dad bought an elliptical, so I'm excited to get fit! :D