Status: Comment & Subscribe Please :)

These Dreams

A secret's worth depends on the people from whom it must be kept.

I could hear noises, voices. The sound of the wind rustling the leaves on the branches, the murmurs of voices around me were very faint. I could almost recognize the voices. The voices were getting louder.

“Why did he faint, I don’t understand?” I heard one of the voices ask. I didn’t really know who it was but it was a male’s voice.

“He was just scared I bet, how would you feel if a person that you thought was made from your imagination?” A female voice responded, this voice I was almost sure who it was. I think it is Caylan, but why would she be here? Did she follow me into the forest? Was I even still in the forest?

My eyes started to flutter open. Everything around me was blurry. I could almost make out the shape of someone standing over me.

“He’s waking up. Dominic are you okay, can you hear me?” I heard Caylan voice question me.
All I could do in response was grunt.

“is he oka-“ the males voice started to say.

“Preston can you go get him some water” Caylan said to him.

I heard a shuffle as the boy, Preston left to get water. My vision was clearing and I could confirm that it is Caylan. I let my eyes wander around Caylan figure. I was in what looked to be a makeshift house made of the bark of trees.

“Caylan how did you find me, are we still in the forest, and who is that person you were talki-“ I started franticly.

“Calm down, Dominic you need to rest. I’ll tell you anything you need to know after you get some rest.”

“No Caylan I want to know now!” I said with my voice getting higher as I rose from my position on my back.

Caylan’s jaw was clinched as she turned her head towards the makeshift doorway. My eyes followed hers as someone approached the doorway. A gasp escaped my lips as I saw ‘him’ in the doorway.

“You’re up” he said, his features looking as happy as could be without looking overbearing.
“Dominic, this is Preston.” Caylan said looking at me, her eyes soft.

I open my mouth to say something, but nothing will come out. I probably look like a fish out of water. I see Preston blush and look over towards Caylan.

“Come on, it clear that you’re not going back to sleep.” Caylan say helping me to my feet.
Preston is walking ahead of me and Caylan. Neither I nor Caylan speak as we all walk to the place where she’s taking me. We gradually come to a fire, there are more people around, and they all look different but similar at the same time.

As Caylan sat me down two people, a older looking couple walking over from where they were sitting.

“Is this him?” the woman asked Caylan.

Caylan looks at the woman with a soft smile.

“yes, this is him.” At this the woman gasp and tears filed her eyes. The man that stood next to her wrapped an arm around her and smiled down at her.

“We will talk to you at a later time, there are things that they must tell you first.” The man said with a kind voice.

After the couple left Caylan began to speak. “I’m not sure where to start…”

“The beginning would be nice.” I said with my voice giving off more bitterness than I intended.

“Why am I still here? Who were those people? Why were they asking about me? And how do you know him and who is he? “ I say with my voice getting higher with each question. At the harsh question directed towards him Preston visibly shrank down into himself. My mode lighten as I saw his reaction, I felt bad.

Caylan looks down towards the grass below our feet. “you are still here because you belong here.”

“What the hell do you mean I belong here, Caylan? “

As soon as I said that Preston looked questioningly over to Caylan. Caylan held a look of sadness on her face. She looked back over to Preston and sighed.

“My name isn’t Caylan, Dominic its Caressa, Caressa Knox.

“What? I don’t understand.”

“I had to change my name to…… protect our family.”

“I’m still not understanding.”

“what’s a different question?” she said my her head down.

“Why are you avoiding my question Cayl-Caressa?”

“I’m not avoiding it; I’m simply trying to find other ways to answer it.” She said with her voice getting higher.

“Caressa if you’re not going to say it can I?” Preston said

Caressa looked over to him and sighed.

I heard Preston sigh before he started to talk. “We’re wolves Dominic.”

As soon as he said that I could feel more eyes on us, and it felt like the air was become limited.

“what do you mean we’re?”

“He means that you are too.” She said looking me in the eyes.

“Caylan, now I know you’re fucking with me. That’s insane, even if it was true, why haven’t I never ‘changed’ during the full moon or whatever the books say.”

She clinches her fist while Preston looks away gritting his teeth.

“You shouldn’t believe everything you read Dominic. And no we don’t change during a full moon unless we want to, we can change at will. That is why you have never changed before."

The thoughts were running through my head. Part of me wanted to believe her because she’s my best friend, but the other part of me didn’t want to believe her because she lied to me about almost her whole existences.

I sighed a nodded my head wanting her to continue on with what she was saying.
“Those people that asked about you. Dominic, that couple is your parents, your real birth parents.”

I could feel the tears coming to my eyes.

“What about my…other parents?”

“I’ve already contacted them, and told them that you are at my house and that you are safe.”
“Okay then who is he?” I said looking at Preston.

“He is my brother, and your mate..”

My eyes immediately went to Preston, our eyes locked. I put my head in my hands and bit my lips.

“I’m so confused.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter took me a while, but i hope it was worth it. :)
a lot was reviled in this chapter, and there is more to come.
by the way Caylan's name for now on is Caressa but Dominic may stumble every once in a while.
Thank you to my subscribers. I love y'all :)
And don't be a silent reader, comments would make me more motivated to write.